ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bowie has emergency heart op! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th July 2004 07:32 PM
Gazza Breaking story on Sky News that "The Dame" has undergone an angioplasty procedure to treat "an acutely blocked artery".

He's currently convalescing at home in New York with his wife and daughter following the surgery earlier this week. The problem (originally reported as a trapped nerve in his shoulder) caused the recent cancellation of his European Tour
8th July 2004 07:53 PM
mickmask That's too bad..
'Strange' too, maybe he was 'under pressure'....???
Ok- I'll behave!

Really, hope he's ok.
mm.
8th July 2004 09:42 PM
Gimme Shelter Pray he's alright.
8th July 2004 10:19 PM
glencar Remmeber how scary it was when B. Dylan had heart trouble? We're all getting older.
8th July 2004 10:35 PM
Main Offender Bless David. I'll say a prayer for him.
9th July 2004 01:38 AM
Dan Its not the side effects of the cocaine.
9th July 2004 02:35 AM
Prodigal Son No, it's the side effects of smoking. Bowie only recently quit sometime in the last few years. Damn thing can cause health problems but especially when you quit, it seems. My Grandpa had quit smoking 30 years before and when he was in his 70s he had polyps removed from his throat and nasal passage. It always comes back to bite you even when you drop the habit. Oh well, Bowie's a courageous cat, he'll be back.
9th July 2004 02:48 AM
FotiniD I hate 2004 Funny, I was just watching Velvet Goldmine last night!

I'm wishing all the best to David Bowie and a very fast recovery!

I wonder whether he knew from the start the problem was the artery or he found out later on. Probably later on (?) since it was an emergency operation? God, I hope he gets well really fast. I can't accept this "getting older" thing for people like Bowie... In my mind I still have these guys all as a bunch of 20 year olds... Yeah, reality check, ok, but still..

You get well damn soon Jareth! (still can't get over my childhood Labyrinth crash with David, after all these years )

9th July 2004 03:30 AM
Angiegirl Last night they radio news over here said he already had left the hospital again, so I assume all is well.
9th July 2004 04:37 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Last night they radio news over here said he already had left the hospital again, so I assume all is well.

That's good news, thanks a lot Angie!
9th July 2004 04:38 AM
Gazza Music legend David Bowie has undergone an emergency heart operation, it has been announced.
Bowie, 57, underwent surgery last month in Germany - where he was on tour - to treat "an acutely blocked artery", his spokesman said.

He left hospital earlier this week and is convalescing at home in New York, the spokesman added.

The star's cancellation last month of 11 European dates was originally attributed to a shoulder injury.

The spokesman said Bowie sought treatment for what was thought to a be a pinched nerve in his shoulder after performing at a festival in the north-western German town of Scheessel.

It was then that doctors discovered he had an acutely blocked artery that required an emergency procedure known as an angioplasty.

The spokesman said Bowie hoped to return to work next month.

"I can't wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again," Bowie said.

"I tell you what, though, I won't be writing a song about this one."

from www.bbc.co.uk
9th July 2004 05:20 AM
Jumping Jack I wonder if he will have a by-pass soon? I pray for a full and speedy recovery.

The price of tix for the Stones "last tour?" just went up.
9th July 2004 06:41 AM
LadyJane Scary news!

Get well soon, David!

LJ.
9th July 2004 06:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The price of tix for the Stones "last tour?" just went up.

That was a little more macabre than it needed be I think
9th July 2004 10:04 AM
Factory Girl When did Dylan have heart trouble?

This just shows you that we must embrace our vices.
9th July 2004 10:32 AM
Martha Bob had an viral infection in his heart from what I remember and almost died FG back in, I think, 1995? Gazza Lazy Bones and others around here know the details much better than I.

An angioplasty is NOT a huge big deal really, in this day and age anyway. It is GREAT that they caught the problem and that he had symptoms in his shoulder rather than a full on heart attack. I didn't know he quit smoking. Remember his diet factors in too.

Sounds like he is doing just fine now. And...he'll write something musically regarding this experience...wait and see. :-)

God Bless You David Bowie!

"I'm never ever gonna get OLD!
9th July 2004 12:03 PM
Joey

Sure beats the Hell out of pulling a John Alec Entwistle ( circa 2002 -- June )

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Bercee Joe !
9th July 2004 12:13 PM
glencar Ox did too much coke & groupies & paid the ultimate price.
9th July 2004 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ox did too much coke & groupies & paid the ultimate price.

" The Ox " was the greatest player EVER to pick up the Bass .

Word !

Jersey Joe !
9th July 2004 12:17 PM
glencar WYMAN!
9th July 2004 12:18 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
WYMAN!

Close .......................but no Ciggy !!!!

Jiggy !
9th July 2004 12:18 PM
glencar You making me cry. Hard!

WYMAN!
9th July 2004 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You making me cry. Hard!

WYMAN!

You make Joey weep and shit liquid ......................so THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sturcee Joe
9th July 2004 12:21 PM
glencar WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN
[Edited by glencar]
9th July 2004 12:22 PM
Joey

You may NOT touch my Monkey this evening .

Ninea !

NINEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th July 2004 12:23 PM
glencar I felt like Bill Perks for a moment...
9th July 2004 01:00 PM
Factory Girl Martha, when I read the words "died FG", I kinda paused...

But, then I realized that it was just phrasing...WHEW.

Thanks for the info on Dylan-I did not know that. I sure hope he's fine now.

WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN WYMAN.

9th July 2004 01:09 PM
Martha Sorry for the way I wrote that FG I didn't mean to startle you!

The OX
WYMAN
Chris SQUIRE

I must admit I swing and groove to WYMAN the most.
9th July 2004 01:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy My money's on The Ox.
9th July 2004 01:58 PM
Martha The Ox was in a league of his own. I'd have loved to seen him duel it out with Squire...Rickenbacher to Rickenbacher. (did I spell that correctly?)
Page: 1 2