ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rough ass back up vocs on Emotional Rescue Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th July 2004 11:07 PM
corgi37 Gazza, i'm with you on this. I was drooling for this album. I got it the day it came out, put the poster on my wall (but - dilemma - which side?? hahaha) put the LP on...

..And i was disappointed. I felt it was blandly mixed. The rockers were ok, but uninspired. Even WTBG seemed too faked. Too faked punky. DITH was great. ER, along with anybody seen my baby was the stupidest 1st single release (she's so cold should have been 1st single) and even shes so cold is JUST ok. I mean, it starts off great, but kind of goes no where. I mean, that "solo"! How lame is that?

Nah, it does nothing for me. The album before and after are so much better. I remember a review in NME at the time said their malaise was evident. Or, something like that. Hell, let me go through it track by track. Corgi review! Might not be in order. I havent played it for years and cant bloody remember!

Dance - bland. Nothing. Poor mans disco Miss You. Other version much better
Summer Romance - Chuck Berry by numbers.
Send it to me - pathetic.
Let me go - Good.
Indian Girl - pathetic. Boring as all hell
WTGB - Chuck Berry by numbers. JUST ok. Too "Punk is so big right now, lets do it. I'll re-adopt my cockney accent. Anda 1, 2, 3,".
DITH - Good stuff.
ER - shit.
She's so cold - 1/2 good. Goes nowhere. Solo? What solo?
All about you - ok lyrics. Bit of a dirge. anti climactic end. Frightening vision of future Keith dirges to come.

I give it 3 corgi heads out of 10.
15th July 2004 12:12 AM
Scottfree Mick: Hey, Keith whatcha doing standing here on the corner of West 8th Street and 6th Avenue and...

Keef: masturbating

Classic, that is the real translation......

15th July 2004 12:13 AM
glencar Ooh, that's fairly harsh matey!
15th July 2004 12:52 AM
Zack >Frightening vision of future Keith dirges to come.

Too true Corgi! Those horns! A real downer ending. And who produced that track, Ratbag the dog? In addition to the horns being way to loud and prominent, the start of the second bridge is completely cut off.

But I should also point out that ER is far and away the funniest and silliest (in a postiive way) album in the whole Stones catalog, raising it a few notches above the grim, humorless likes of Undercover and DW.
16th July 2004 12:17 PM
claudiomoraleida Hey tumbling dice, I sent you a PM...
Page: 1 2