ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Countdown to 10k!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
8th July 2004 09:53 AM
UGot2Rollme I hope you've saved something special for THE 10K post... maybe a retirement announcement (?) only kidding :-)..
a new tour announcement would be much more appreciated...
8th July 2004 10:35 AM
Joey
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
I hope you've saved something special for THE 10K post...

8th July 2004 12:29 PM
jb http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/11845047?source=Evening%20Standard
8th July 2004 12:37 PM
Some Guy What next?
8th July 2004 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
What next?

8th July 2004 02:26 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/11845047?source=Evening%20Standard

ROTFLMAO! My two cents:

1. At least, the guy gave some heed to what his fans were saying on the board.

2. It's his official website message board, he can close it when he wants. If GM fans want to go on bitching about how disgraceful he is, they can set up their own board. Call it SlaggingGeorgeMichael.org or something!

3. At least the Stones know that there is no bad publicity, only publicity!

8th July 2004 03:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

then what?
8th July 2004 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

then what?

8th July 2004 03:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

and then?
8th July 2004 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

and then?

8th July 2004 03:53 PM
Some Guy I thought jb was going to wait on you. I think that he has seen the finish line and has dropped you like a bad habit. jb will be the first glimmer twin to cross the line.
8th July 2004 03:57 PM
gypsy I challenge josh and/or joey to 're-write' the article using only emoticons to 'tell' the story of the emoticon inventor.
8th July 2004 03:58 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I challenge josh and/or joey to 're-write' the article using only emoticons to 'tell' the story of the emoticon inventor.

Please e-mail me Gypsy....
8th July 2004 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I challenge josh and/or joey to 're-write' the article using only emoticons to 'tell' the story of the emoticon inventor.

8th July 2004 05:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Given the nature of the community, a good many of the posts were humorous (or attempted humor). The problem was that if someone made a sarcastic remark, a few readers would fail to get the joke, and each of them would post a lengthy diatribe in response. That would stir up more people with more responses, and soon the original thread of the discussion was buried. In at least one case, a humorous remark was interpreted by someone as a serious safety warning.

This problem caused some of us to suggest (only half seriously) that maybe it would be a good idea to explicitly mark posts that were not to be taken seriously. After all, when using text-based online communication, we lack the body language or tone-of-voice cues that convey this information when we talk in person or on the phone. Various �joke markers� were suggested, and in the midst of that discussion it occurred to me that the character sequence :-) would be an elegant solution � one that could be handled by the ASCII-based computer terminals of the day. So I suggested that. In the same post, I also suggested the use of :-( to indicate that a message was meant to be taken seriously, though that symbol quickly evolved into a marker for displeasure, frustration, or anger.
Riffhard

Now that makes perfect sense to me for some strange reason.

8th July 2004 05:06 PM
Joey " This problem caused some of us to suggest (only half seriously) that maybe it would be a good idea to explicitly mark posts that were not to be taken seriously. After all, when using text-based online communication, we lack the body language or tone-of-voice cues that convey this information when we talk in person or on the phone. Various �joke markers� were suggested, and in the midst of that discussion it occurred to me that the character sequence :-) would be an elegant solution � one that could be handled by the ASCII-based computer terminals of the day. So I suggested that. In the same post, I also .............................................................................
8th July 2004 05:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

Now that's because YOUR jokes aren't funny.

8th July 2004 05:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Now that's because YOUR jokes aren't funny.

You make Joey sad .
8th July 2004 05:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
<------------

quote:
Joey wrote:
You make Joey sad .

Please don't be sad. I was just joking. ---->
You'll hit 10,000 soon and all the world will be right.
8th July 2004 05:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

<------------

Please don't be sad. I was just joking. ---->
You'll hit 10,000 soon and all the world will be right.

You are again much loved by the Joey .

Joeykins !
8th July 2004 10:45 PM
glencar Motels must have about 15,000 total posts by now.
8th July 2004 10:46 PM
glencar For those who don't know, Motels is his 3rd or 4th incarnation. He was Mother baby & a couple of others.
8th July 2004 11:38 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
glencar wrote:
For those who don't know, Motels is his 3rd or 4th incarnation. He was Mother baby & a couple of others.

Thanks.
8th July 2004 11:46 PM
gypsy I thought Motels was a chick.

What's wrong, jb and joey? Can you NOT make a story out of emoticons?
I guess you get an F for not even making an effort. I'm disappointed in you two.
9th July 2004 09:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
For those who don't know, Motels is his 3rd or 4th incarnation. He was Mother baby & a couple of others.

Actually Glencar if you added the Mb + TTM posts together that would be pretty accurate,(5-6 k???) There was one other handle I used for about 2/3 weeks a couple of summers ago but I can't remember it. Otherwise than that here I've only used these 2. I don't know if I like handles anyway. I've actually thought about just starting to use my real name and be done with it.
9th July 2004 10:44 AM
not bound to please http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/08/theater/newsandfeatures/08BRAN.html

"Joey and Josh have deconstructed, inverted, then reinvented the use of the emoticon.

They are true visionaries, accidental giants misunderstood in a world infested with midgets."

9th July 2004 10:58 AM
glencar Go back to Mother baby. That pic of RJ was pretty cool.
9th July 2004 10:59 AM
glencar Joey & Joshy are running from a challenge?
9th July 2004 11:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Go back to Mother baby. That pic of RJ was pretty cool.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was actually toying with the idea of using "The Storm" in memory of your old buddy.
9th July 2004 11:33 AM
glencar He dead. Don't go dere.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5