ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Birthday Baby!
Today 30 years ago Littleredrooster filmed portions of both shows at MSG
Now this "baby" is in digital video, with adjusted brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness digitally for each take
By Lil' Red Roosta'
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Emotional Rescue Return to archive
07-14-02 10:40 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy To start - sorry about talking about so many albums in rapid succession, but don't you remember the joy of buying a new Stones album? 'S fun, ain't it?

Alrighty then, Emotional Rescue. This's my first take thingy. That is to say, I may have different feelings about the album after a few weeks with it.

Well, I just want to start by saying DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1, DANCE PT. 1.

Looooooooooooooooove it. Can't get enough of it. Better than "Miss You". It's not 'real' disco, it's funk in a disco package. Keith said Mick just showed up and made words when it woulda been better as an instrumental, but those kinda on the spot words just make it that much better. "Keith, wha... whachoo doing?" I am now saying that to anyone I know that I pass on the street. It's good, good, good stuff.

"Old Gods", that tabloid novel that'd make Loogie Oldham proud, says that one of the working titles for this album was "Certain Women", and I can't agree more. It suffers the same problems that Goat's Head Soup does - How the hell do you top something the press bowed down and worshipped (Exile less so, but Some Girls for ER)? The result is a lot of rehashes, some of them great. "Summer Romance" sounds a lot like "Respectable" and "Lies", but does it well. "Let Me Go" summons "When The Whip Comes Down".

Some of these little rehashes, however, are unforgivable. "Emotional Rescue" sounds like Keith, fed up with Mick's phlandering on "Miss You", kicked him in the cajones and made him write a song. "All About You", like "Sleep Tonight", just lacks the menace I know Keith can pull out if he wants ("Wicked As It Seems"? "999"? "You Got The Silver"? "The Worst"?). I dunno. It's a *good* song, but it has a bit of an overproduced feel around it that sucks the genuine sadness of the lyrics out.

Oh, and one other. Anyone remember "Far Away Eyes"? Well it turns out, Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Bill and Charlie all got FUCKING PISS-ASS STONED or something, called up Jack Nitzche, said "Hey man, we got some Puerto Rican licks just dyyyyyyyyin to mechooo!", lured him into a studio, killed him, took his angry soul, stored it in a seedy bar en Guadalajara where it twisted the music against the Stones, tried to rehearse "Far Away Eyes", and came out with the horror that is... "Indian Girl". I once really wanted to hear this song, for the line "Mistah Gringo, my father, he ain't no Che Guevara". I heard it. I'm done now. Never again.

OVERALL: A rehash of Some Girls, through and through. But who says that's a bad thing? And they certainly don't sound as tired as everyone says they do. I see why this album got panned when it came out - they wanted better than Some Girls, they got Certain Women. If it had been released, say, after Tattoo You, it might have gotten a bit warmer of a reception.

7.0 - For The Eighties, It's A 15.0

Sooooo.... anyone got Dance Pt. 2 hangin' around somewhere?

-tSYX --- Ooooooooooo.... and it's got me movin'!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road