ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Birthday Baby!
Today 30 years ago Littleredrooster filmed portions of both shows at MSG
Now this "baby" is in digital video, with adjusted brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness digitally for each take
By Lil' Red Roosta'
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: mp3 albums Return to archive
07-13-02 08:54 PM
arockstone hey!! anybody could help me to find out some mp3 albums to download?? I saw a few sites, but i'm looking some boots. please help me!!!!!
07-13-02 09:08 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew See Monomo's post below
07-13-02 09:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes MononoM for permanent files and Ulf for the weekly dope since 5 years ago have done the best work on this.

Check our audio/video room, for sources of stones sounds on the net, in both, music files and streaming audio signals.

It was remodelled today. We changed the look because it was censured recently arguing that illegal MP3 files were linked. So now we have the same links but the text is intended to make emphasis in the real purpose for this.

Once you�re in the MP3 room click the �Censor This� image and enjoy

07-14-02 04:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've said it before, and I'll say it again....if those MP3s that you want to download are for your own personal enjoyment...that's great.

But please don't burn that stuff onto discs and trade it out. That would be a bad thing.

Thanks.
07-14-02 11:25 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Not that I need Sir's premission, but anyone interested in trading boots of MP3 origin, let me know, I'm game. I must insist that you be up front and inform me that a boot is an Mp3. If you try to pawn that original crap off on me I'll go Midnight Rambler on your ass!
07-14-02 11:49 PM
arockstone look!! I'm looking mp3's files for personal use!! i don't care to trade it... I don't earn money for that, i'm just a big stones's fan and I recollect everything I want and everything I like!!
so, that's the reason.
07-15-02 01:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't have a problem in the world with people listening to MP3s. If that's good enough for you, then by all means, rock on.

I don't earn a living with boots either. In fact, I GIVE the things away!

But I work hard to cultivate my collection. It can take months of searching around, trying to get the best sounding version of a show. When people pollute the CDR pool with MP3 sourced shows, it makes the task of finding the best quality version even that much harder.

I know that some of you think that you can't tell the difference between an MP3 and a digital audio copy. But I definately can. In about 3 notes.

My plate is full right now...but in about 2 weeks, I'll take on a couple of you, and help get your collections started. The right way. And then you can leave those MP3s behind.
07-15-02 01:50 PM
Fiji Joe Am humbly prostrating myself before the feet of Sir Stonesalot...I need someone to take me under thier wing to get my collection going
07-16-02 11:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Feej!

You can take your smarmy attitude and shove it. All I'm trying to do is let people know that there is a better altenative than shitty MP3s. What is wrong with that?

On top of that, I'm offering to share my collection. I'm not looking for any ass kissing, or anything like that. I just want to share the wealth....again, what's wrong with that?

My whole point is that all these boots that everyone wants are easily obtainable, without having to resort to Kazaa, or any of those MP3 sharing sites. And in better quality. And without having to worry about infecting your hard drive with a virus. And without having to tie up your computer with hours upon hours of downloading.

Join RollingStonesBoots at Yahoo groups. It's free to join, and they run weeds and trees all the time. You can also hook up with some pretty cool people to trade with. Within a few months you can go from nothing at all to 20 or 30 shows. And have fun doing it.

Any problem with that?

07-16-02 05:53 PM
Fiji Joe Sir, I was being serious, seriously...as you can tell, I am knee deep in the MP3s and would love to get my hands on something different...
07-16-02 08:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot OH....sorry Feej...don't I look like the big dickhead...

Gimme a couple of weeks to clear my decks, and I'd be glad to hook you up with some stuff.

In the meantime, try out RollingStonesBoots at Yahoo Groups.

07-16-02 10:05 PM
Fiji Joe Thanks sir, I was in that Yahoo group for awhile, but with nothing to trade, you don't get far...I need a few to get started...Also, I don't really understand that whole tree thing
07-17-02 10:05 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gimme your email addy...you can use the private message function here...and I'll send you the FAQ that I just wrote(with the help of my C10 Bro, 2000 Man!)for that group. It explains the tree process pretty well, as well as weeds and vines. There's a lot of good info to use if you are thinking of getting into trading.
07-17-02 05:18 PM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't have a problem in the world with people listening to MP3s. If that's good enough for you, then by all means, rock on.

I don't earn a living with boots either. In fact, I GIVE the things away!

But I work hard to cultivate my collection. It can take months of searching around, trying to get the best sounding version of a show. When people pollute the CDR pool with MP3 sourced shows, it makes the task of finding the best quality version even that much harder.

I know that some of you think that you can't tell the difference between an MP3 and a digital audio copy. But I definately can. In about 3 notes.

My plate is full right now...but in about 2 weeks, I'll take on a couple of you, and help get your collections started. The right way. And then you can leave those MP3s behind.

you really think you can tell a clean rip at 320 with latest lame?

07-17-02 05:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how well it's done.

Unfortunately, it's not usually done properly. I'll admit that there is some good software out there. But an absolutely tiny segment actually use good stuff. You would not believe some of the atrocious shit that I've heard.

But at least 8 times out of 10, I'll recognize an MP3 almost immediately.
07-17-02 09:17 PM
chevysales stones alot, i hear ya!
why waste (for dialups) the time it takes either web or ftp i never use the p2p software and i have cable (time isn't an issue but opening up a folder/cd after downloading it to find 128 is a joke) at about 2200kbps although we are limited to 256 upload speed.

its too bad too as i rip with eac or audiograbber at 320 cbr or vbr highest with latest released lame 3.92 and burn properly.

but it boggles my mind why anyone would waste there time with 128 or 160 as space on a comp is at all time cheapest its been and screw the space i want to listen to the real deal.

that being said i have klipsch promedia speaks on this comp and the sound is sooooo good.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road