ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Birthday Baby!
Today 30 years ago Littleredrooster filmed portions of both shows at MSG
Now this "baby" is in digital video, with adjusted brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness digitally for each take
By Lil' Red Roosta'
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Free Pete Rose - Bootlegs Volume 13 Return to archive
07-13-02 01:40 AM
Fiji Joe Cover for Volume 13 -- post your artwork please

http://www.geocities.com/rasputinsrevenge/Stones_Pix.html

I post this at the risk of Bluzian making some dumbass comment about Pete Rose being a pedophile or suffering from an insecurity complex...Put Pete in the Hall!!!
07-16-02 12:27 PM
Martini I agree--Pete Rose needs to be in the Hall. 4256 hits speaks for itself. Even though he is never going to admit to wrongdoing, he has been in exile for almost 13 years now. That is long enough. The public wants him in. It is time for that idiot Bud Selig to listen to the fans for a change and do what the public wants: reinstate Pete Rose so he can be eligible for the Hall of Fame.

-M

07-16-02 12:36 PM
sirmoonie Pete Rose is gay. The guy used to bunt, for chrissakes!
07-16-02 12:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot No doubt about it. You could tell by the way he gripped his bat.
07-16-02 05:33 PM
Fiji Joe The way I see it, Pete is the closest thing baseball ever had to have a Rolling Stone...nasty habits, questionable morals, but in the end, just the best damn ballplayer of his day...that's why I put him in the Stones uniform.
07-16-02 05:44 PM
sirmoonie Pete Rose was HARDLY the best player of his day. He wasn't even the best player on his team.

As a human being, he was and is a ballbag.

There are no analogies between him and the Stones. None.
07-16-02 05:51 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah he was, if you're referring to Bench, Perez or Morgan, none could carry Pete's jock. he was always on base, hit for decent power, decent speed, played every position defensively (well) but catcher and pitcher, showed up every day, and was the emotional sparkplug of the Big Red Machine..Pete wasn't the flashiest player, but that and his longevity are great paralells to the Stones...I bet you think the Beatles were the best of their day you gum ball chewing pop-loving hack
07-16-02 05:59 PM
sirmoonie Oh yeah, bitch tits? Your little buddy Rose was an overrated singles hitter despised by everyone on his team. He was solo boy, just like you are every night, you fish-faced biffgeek. You're an Eagles fan if there ever was one.
07-16-02 07:02 PM
Martini I'd have to say that Pete was far from overrated. Sure, I wouldn't put him in the top 5 players of all-time, but he should be in the top 15 without question. Sure, many of his numbers were due to his longevity--but it all counts. No one played harder for longer than Pete Rose. Among his accomplishments:

Pete Rose's Major Records:

All-time Major League record for most career hits-4,256

All-time Major League record for most games played-3,562

All-time Major League record for most at bats-14,053

All-time Major League record for most singles-3,315

All-time Major League record for most total bases by a switch hitter-5,752

All-time Major League record for most seasons of 200 or more hits-10

All-time Major League record for most consecutive seasons of 100 or more hits-23

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 600 or more at bats-17

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 150 or more games played--17

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 100 or more games played-23

Only player in Major League history to play more than 500 games at five different
Positions-1B (939) 2B (628) 3B (634) LF (671) RF (595)

Major League record for playing in the most winning games-1,972

All-time National League record for most years played-24

All-time National League record for most consecutive years played-24

All-time National League record for most career runs-2,165

All-time National League record for most career doubles-746

All-time National League record for most games with 5 or more hits-10

Modern National League record for longest consecutive game hitting streak-44

Modern National League Record for most consecutive game hitting streaks of 20
or more games--7
07-16-02 07:10 PM
Fiji Joe See Moonie, arrr it is...post me some of Pete's teamates' numbers that even approach those...Leave it to a flaming San Francisco fancy boy to only notice the "long ball"...I'm sure you have quite the experience with both long and short balls.
07-16-02 08:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hated Pete Rose when he played for the Reds.

I loved Pete Rose when he played with the Phillies.

I hated Pete Rose when he played for the Expos, and the Reds again.

I hated Pete Rose after he quit playing, and just managed.

I still hate the bastard to this day.

He is a dirty rotten bastard, and a fuck of a human being.

But between the base lines he was the bomb.

I'd probably still like him, if, when a 15 year old SS asked him to autograph a Phillies 1980 World Series pennant(Pete had since left the Phillies), he hadn't replied with, "Sure kid, got 20 bucks?". When I said no, I didn't have any money, he snorted, and said "Well, I guess you ain't getting that thing signed then." He then turned and walked away.

What a prick. I'm glad he went to jail. I'll bet Bubba made him his bitch real fast.
07-16-02 10:01 PM
Stonesthrow Yeah. Pete was the bomb. His only transgression was betting on the games. No big deal. Except that it would completely destroy the necessary requirement that baseball be deemed to be honest professional competition. The moron owners and players now threaten the game due to greed, but without honest professional effort, the game ceases to exist. Pete is in good company with the ringleaders of the 1919 Black Sox scandal as the baseball antichrists. Whether or not he was an asshole is irrelevant. I would rather see Tommy Flanagan (the Jon Lovitz habitually lying character)in the Hall first.

07-16-02 10:02 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Like I said, Pete is the closest thing to a Rolling Stone in Baseball...got $300 kid? Well, I guess you ain't gonna see Mick shake his groove thing. Ironic isn't? The man's been in exile on main street for a helluva long time. Give em' a break already!
07-16-02 10:48 PM
BILL PERKS PETE IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER OF ALL TIME,THE HALL IS A JOKE WITHOUT HIM AND I WILL NOT SET FOOT IN IT TILL HE'S IN.A GREAT PETE STORY-WENT TO STONES SHOW AT THE VET SEPT 1989(2ND SHOW).GOT HOME ABOUT 2AM.WENT TO SLEEP,PHONE RINGS AT 3AM,MY BUDDY TELLING ME BART GIAMATTI CROAKED THAT DAY,I WAKE STRAIGHT UP AND SAY"DAMN RIGHT,NOBODY FUCKS WITH PETE,PETE DOES THE FUCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".4256,WILL NEVER BE TOUCHED.ALL STAR AT 5 POSITIONS,PETE IS THE MAN AND EXACTLY WHAT BASEBALL IS MISSING TODAY.
07-16-02 10:55 PM
sirmoonie Every guy you mentioned had bigger balls that Rose: Bench, Morgan, and Perez. Hall of Famers all and actual human being/team players.

Lets see, did dick fuck Rose know what he was getting into when he bet on baseball? Did he know the consequences? Are you two retarded? Is Rose retarded? If the answer to all of those is YES, which it obviously is, you can go fuck yourselves with your fucking revisionist history. Your boy (and he looks a lot like your mother BTW) ain't never gettin' in that hall....hear me......never.

"Bitch slap me up the skank side, Ronaldo!"
07-16-02 11:04 PM
BILL PERKS DICKHEAD-YOUR MOMMA LOOKS CECIL FUCKIN FIELDER,AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF EDELBERRIES.PETE IS A SMACKED ASS OF A HUMAN AND BET ON BASEBALL(AS A MANAGER).IT'S ABOUT BETWEEN THE LINES,DILLHOLE,AND YOU WILL NOT COME UP WITH A MORE IMPORTANT PLAYER IN BASEBALL HISTORY THAN PETE.THE BIG RED MACHINE,WITH ALL IT'S HOFERS DO NOT WIN ANYTHING WITHOUT 14.NEITHER DO THE PHILS.PETE SHOULD EMCEE STONES SHOWS,TAKING BETS ON HOW MANY SOLOS RONNIE BOTCHES,AND WHETHER MICK WILL FUCK UP THE LYRICS TO TUMBLIN DICE,AGAIN.
07-16-02 11:22 PM
Fiji Joe I tell ya, Pete did more for the popularity of baseball then any player of his era...I can remember us as kids fighting over the # 14 on our little league teams...Pete was the embodiment of the American working class...The only players that didn't like him were those that couldn't match his work ethic, which was all of em'...Nobody could touch Charlie Hustle...Friggin Steve Howe and Doc Gooden get multiple chances despite that they were hard core drug addicts and Pete gets banned for betting on his own team (to win)...bunk I tell ya!...Who was brave enough to get in Pete's way when he was wheeling in from third?...Damn sure wasn't Ray Fosse...not twice anyway...in a year when the all-star game was played to a tie, one need only reflect to Pete's effort when he ruined Fosse's career as a result of a collision at home plate...to quote Pete, "I'm playing to win, if you're not, get the fuck off the field!"
07-17-02 03:10 AM
Stonesthrow Bill Perks-- Pete's being a manager when he bet made it considerably worse than if were only a player. He had many more opportunities to inappropriately affect the outcome of the game than a player would. He damaged the integrity of the competition. Without the integrity, there would be no baseball. Don't you get it? Using your logic, Richard Nixon should still have been President even after he compromised the integrity of the office following Watergate. You probably also want the sleazeballs at Enron, Global Crossing, etc. to stay in their positions even after they took their shareholders and the public to the cleaners with their blatant dishonesty.

I've been to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Your absence won't be missed, especially when you insist on shouting wherever you go. Is that because of the edelberries (sic)?

Figi Joe-- You also forgot to mention all of the great players during Rose's tenure who honored the game with their competition and did not disgrace it as Rose did. For instance, Aaron, Mays, Frank Robinson, Koufax, Drysdale, McCovey, Gibson, Brooks Robinson, Whitey Ford, Killebrew, Musial, Clemente, Seaver, Reggie Jackson, many of Rose's Big Red teammates, and a whole host of others. Taking drugs also does not begin to have the same deleterious effect on the game that betting does. Had Rose just played and not bet, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Here's hoping that 4,256 is at least the number of years it will be before Rose gets into the Hall.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road