ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Birthday Baby!
Today 30 years ago Littleredrooster filmed portions of both shows at MSG
Now this "baby" is in digital video, with adjusted brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness digitally for each take
By Lil' Red Roosta'
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For the Kids(Stones History Quiz!) Return to archive
07-11-02 11:24 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I�m taking my 11 year old son to the DC show and I want to make this as fun as possible for him. His first Stones show was at Nashville in 97� when he was six. He will know a lot more this time around. What I want to do is have a little fun before the show and get him as much knowledge as possible about the band. So I�m going to make a little quiz for him to have fun with and at the same time become more hip to the history of the band. He�s looking forward to getting started (this will give him something more to do during Summer break) soon. I�m going to try and make it about 40 questions. What I would like, is for you cats to give me some suggestions to put on his �Stones History Quiz�. I don�t mean questions like �what kind of speaker arrangement does Keith use in his live set-up�. Something fun and educational for an 11 year old. Post as many questions as you can think of. This should be quite interesting!
07-11-02 11:37 PM
BILL PERKS 1-How many died at Altamont?
2-Why is Chuck Leavell still touring with them?
3-How many chicks did Bill shag before losing count?
4-Why is Dirty Work so misunderstood?
5-How many kids does Mick have,and by how many women?
6-Why is Miss U so hung up on Brian?
7-What is Bill Wyman's real last name?
8-What caused Keith to finally give up heroin?
9-Why are the posts on this board getting so lame?
07-12-02 12:11 AM
parmeda What a great idea you have in store for your son. I've debated the thought of bringing my two teens along for one of the Chicago shows...they are never too young to be "cultured"! Why don't you try having your son make a set list and see how he fares? Make it interesting...throw him a dollar for each one he's able to peg. I'm quite curious myself to see if there will be a big difference in sets, I'll be going to the DC show too...can't wait to compare them.
Hope you both have a great time!
07-12-02 05:11 AM
Jumacfly Well, i m just 24 ,so i will try to answer :

1/ one guy died...but how many were stoned, tha t the real question!!

2/ Chuck Leavell has been fired from the "Boring piano club" by the president Elton John, so now he s touring with the Stones before creating a big band featuring Macca on bass, phil collins on drums, and Elton and him on piano...it will surely rocks..

3/"how many stars is there in the sky , hu??? " Mick Jagger 1993

4/may be cause the 80's synthetic sound really sucks...

5/ 6, 7 kids by nearly 3 women??...this guy has bionic balls....

6/ we don t know, just ask him (or her, dont know)

7/ William "sticky chicken " Perks

8/ Keith stopped heroin when he heard Ronnie singin Happy !
"oh f*ck i should really stop, i had a strange vision Ronnie"

9/the posts are so lame?? i think Oasis is lame, not the board!!!

Cheers, and yes, enjoy the show father and son!!
07-12-02 08:23 AM
nankerphelge You should play "Name that Tour" and have Mick Flashcards (McFlashcards) to see if he can name the tour from the clothes Mick (or any of them) are wearing -- or the stage design, opening song etc...

"I can name that tour in one McFlashcard"

Here's another one -- the year each album was released and/or the track listings -- I used to know them all before massive chiba-related brain cell deterioration. But he's probbaly got a very active little cerebral cortex and will have no trouble with it!
07-12-02 12:06 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Actually, four died at Altamont. "Four births, four deaths". Meredith Hunter was the only murder, however.

Bill, I just bought Dirty Work today, and I'm listening to it as we speak, I guess the answer is "Because some people like it". But more on that later.

A few good easy ones:

Who has played guitar for the Stones? Who have they *asked* to play guitar for them?
What was Billy Preston introduced as at El Moc in 1977? (Like I say, easy questions, the kid's young!) For that matter, how about the rest of the band?
How many members have the Stones had, total, living and dead? Can you name them?

Another good idea, based of the "Mick flash cards"... give a year and ask for the albums/tours that happened in that year, as well as the band's lineup. For example:

1972: "Exile On Main Street"
STP World Tour 72/73
The band was: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, and Charlie Watts.

You can get more complicated if you want (who backed them up on the tours? What were their opening acts?)

-tSYX --- Dear God, Someone make "Dirty Work" stop!
07-12-02 12:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
I�m taking my 11 year old son to the DC show and I want to make this as fun as possible for him. His first Stones show was at Nashville in 97

Sorry for a 180 degrees turn and switching to other topic, but do you have a recording of that show? I've been looking for it since 1999 because I made a compilation of all songs played during the 1997-1999 tours and Far Away Eyes was only performed there
07-12-02 04:07 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! No I don't have a copy of the show. It was a good one, but It was rather cold and the wind was really up. This made for some bad sound where I was at, but the show was still really good! I remember them doing "Far Away Eyes", I think it was the request for the evening. Jagger was playing either Piano or Pedal Steel on that one.
07-12-02 09:57 PM
BILL PERKS SAVAGE-PLAY "HAD IT WITH YOU" AT FULL BLAST FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER YOU WAITED THREE YEARS SINCE THEIR LAST RECORD AND YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO!MAYBE.IT'S ALL WE HAD IN 1986.JUMACFLY,WELL DONE ON THE QUIZ,THAT'S THE SPIRIT.
07-12-02 10:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
SAVAGE-PLAY "HAD IT WITH YOU" AT FULL BLAST FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER YOU WAITED THREE YEARS SINCE THEIR LAST RECORD AND YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO!

*Xyzzy checks his calendar*

Three years, it seems.

*Xyzzy listens to "Had It With You" at full blast. Remember, Xyzzy bought the album this morning.*

Alright. "Had It With You" ain't so bad. But it ain't great either. It's Voodoo Lounge material. And I like "One Hit". But Jeez! "Too Rude"? "Hold Back"? "Dirty Work"? "Sleep Tonight"? No no no!

Let's see. Bill lost count around 1969, 1970. He started getting laid with the band because before then no girls would talk to him. You figure average two girls a night on tour, one when not. If they're all different girls? Say about 1,000. But of course, they're not all different girls, so I'll say 400. Now I must read "Stone Alone" to check the answers. I would say divide the number of times Ronnie's gone either onstage or into the studio drunk by four, and you've got your answer.

-tSYX --- At least it ain't The Eagles.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road