ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Birthday Baby!
Today 30 years ago Littleredrooster filmed portions of both shows at MSG
Now this "baby" is in digital video, with adjusted brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness digitally for each take
By Lil' Red Roosta'
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Secret Gig - Shepherds Bush Empire in two weeks Return to archive
07-09-02 08:10 AM
chris According to The Sun today, the Stones are playing a gig at Shepperds Bush Empire in two weeks time !
07-09-02 02:00 PM
Jaxx yeah. that teeny tiny little bit in the margin on dominic monahan's "bizarre page". hopefully there will be details released shortly to validate the claim.
07-09-02 02:01 PM
Stones July 12th is upon us, any rumours of a " Secret Gig " that night ?
07-09-02 03:22 PM
SERGEI THIS GIG WONT HAPPEN
07-09-02 03:28 PM
Gazza The article actually said "in the next FEW weeks" not "Two". ... that could literally be anytime between late july and the end of August

As they havent even started rehearsing for the tour yet, I seriously doubt they'd be ready to go near a concert stage until the start of August,even if they started rehearsing tomorrow. As theyre supposed to be in Toronto pretty soon, seems strange for them to break that midway through and jet off to London for one gig and back again (although the anniversary aspect of the show makes it feasible,its logistically quite strange!)

Dominic Mohan's usually a good source on breaking Stones stories,so it seems quite likely it'll happen.

Whether there'd be too many "proper" fans at it is another thing....

Maybe its time those idiots at the "official" fan club began to realise there are actually Stones fans living OUTSIDE the US and Canada and arranged a fan club ticket allocation for this show like they did for even the theatre shows in the US? Somehow i doubt it.

the full text of the article:

"I hear The Rolling Stones are planning a secret gig at London's Shepherds Bush Empire in the next few weeks. I dont have any more details at the moment but remember where you heard it first" (Dominic Mohan, "Bizarre" column, The Sun 9/7/02)
07-09-02 03:39 PM
oska is there any way of obtaining tickets ? i will do ANYTHING !
07-09-02 03:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yes, this is indeed very exciting news. I hope to god its true. Maybe the Stones will be playing this gig before they head to Toronto?

Alex
07-09-02 05:22 PM
Gazza Oska - "The Sun" was the ONLY source for this story. No one knows if it'll happen for sure let alone when it'll be or how we can obtain tickets. What I reprinted is all thats generally known. I hadnt even heard a whisper of this show until this morning!

I was lucky enough to get tickets for the 1999 show in the same venue. They just announced the news of the sale at Tower Records in Piccadilly the morning before the show on Virgin radio (Fortunately I'd heard about it a couple of days before and had arranged to get the first train from Sheffield that morning - where the Stones had been playing the night before).

Hopefully like the theatre shows in America,there'll be an online sale,but if its VERY short notice it may just be word of mouth,which basically means if youre not in london the day of the sale,tough shit. Ticket prices for the 1999 show were �10 cash - not bad value for the Stones PLUS Sheryl Crow as support act! As the prices for the club shows in the US have been very reasonable (around $53) I cant imagine this one being too expensive either,especially as its a warm up (the warm up show at the Double Door in Chicago in 97 only cost fans $7!!).
07-10-02 01:41 PM
oska gazza, if you do hear anything will you anounce it on this bulletin board ? or better still telephone me, can i give out my number on the board? many thanks in anticipation. oska .
07-10-02 03:14 PM
SERGEI Here are the uk dates for next year -

25th august - uk stadium to be confirmed
28th august - earls court
29th august - earls court
1st september - theatre show
3rd september - earls court
4th september - earls court

also here are some more usa dates

12 january - boston
15 + 16 january - nyc madison square
20 + 21 chicago

trust me these dates are real, a member of my family works on the tour
07-10-02 06:47 PM
Gazza no problem,Oska, but the way these things are,others here might get the news and post it here before me!! I'm anxious to get to this show too,although as Im in Belfast,I'm not exactly handy to London if theres a sudden announcement about a sale going on at some record store in the capital!

Send me a private message using the private message facility or e-mail me at [email protected]
07-13-02 03:43 AM
oska any more news about this thread ?
07-13-02 08:53 AM
SERGEI THE SECRET GIG ISN'T HAPPENING, THE BAND ARE ARRIVING IN TORONTO THIS WEEKEND
07-14-02 03:08 PM
oska ok sergei but is it possible that they could fly back from toronto for a one off secret gig in their hometown, were it all started 40 years ago, i think it is a real possibility, and remain hopefull !
07-14-02 08:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl and the Stones will be in Toronto until early August. Not this week
07-15-02 04:05 AM
SERGEI OSKA, THIS GIG ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.
07-15-02 01:07 PM
oska ok evryone, thanks for the information, what a shame this is not happening, oh well , [ still living in hope ].

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road