ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones plant trees in Belgrade Return to archive
17th July 2007 08:59 AM
moy Rolling Stones plant trees in Belgrade
17 July 2007 | 09:39 | Source: B92
BELGRADE -- Four members of the Rolling Stones helped plant trees in Belgrade's Friendship Park before their weekend concert.

Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood and Keith Richards wanted to leave something palpable and lasting behind them, so they planted four trees before their Saturday concert in Belgrade.

The planting was closed to media and the public and cameras were prohibited at the event. According to sources, the group took pictures in front of the trees with their own cameras.

There was a small board on each of the trees with the names of the members on them, but only the two with Mick Jagger's and Charlie Watts' names remain.

Security, which is still guarding the area, does not know what happened to the other two.

The two trees planted by the legendary rockers whose names are missing, however, are holding up better than Jagger's tree, which is already starting to wilt.

The young trees will have a hard time surviving in the sizzling heat of Belgrade unless they are watered soon.
17th July 2007 09:03 AM
mojoman hopefully they werent coconut trees.........
17th July 2007 09:53 AM
Jumacfly I bet Keef has planted a Marijuana tree!!
17th July 2007 09:59 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I bet Keef has planted a Marijuana tree!!

or Coconut!!!!!
17th July 2007 10:46 AM
gimmekeef No doubt Chuck calling the shots again......"Keith make sure the hole is deep enough...look at Micks".....
[Edited by gimmekeef]
17th July 2007 11:13 AM
The jinn, my friend. What the point in planting if not going to care for the crop. Just abort them from get go.

Let me plant my tree and I not care once I put it there.

On the day (Solntzevorot-day) of Summer Solstice, it was the shortest night and the longest day of the year. The ancient belief was that the sun is forced down from his way and the clear-eyes girl Zarya (Daybreak) helps him on his way again. She not only conducts him across the sky, but also cleans him with water (wash him) with the help of the early-morning dew from the summer well which fragranced the fields of grass. Therefore when the morning dew was on the grass, people bathed with the power over each other using cold water and floated in the river. They believed that the water on this day has a specific cleansing force.
For the cultivator, Solntzevorot-day, was June 24. It was a time when Nature opened to him all its vital forces and natural treasures of the ground. On this turning point day, Kupala's Day was celebrated. The name 'Kupala' was the ancient image of the fertility of the land during Summer and the holiday was in it's honor, which preceded the gathering.

On Kupala's Holiday, bonfires lit up the fields, river banks and hills. The fire of Kupala's bonfires, prepared by rubbing wood together, was named "Living fire". The fire was the symbolic representation of the Sun's power and the ritual worship based on the increasing reproductive activity of both the people and Nature (fertility of the land and fruiting of the trees). It was believed that jumping through the bonfires people would be cleansed before the beginning of harvest and they became more healthy and powerful.
Traditionally, on Kupala's Day, it was believed that many grasses and plants acquired specific healthcare forces. The young people went out on the morning of Kupala's Day to the fields to collect the grasses, such as 'kupalenka', 'medvez'ye ushko' (littl e bear ears), 'bogatenka' (the grass of the reach men), 'razryv-trawa' (love-break-grass). These grasses were then placed under the head of the bed to help having dreams which on this night were considered to be prophetic.

The Mongolian Yoke had come to Russia. Along with it's arrival came the loss of the ancient Russian's joyful holidays. The Great Trouble had come and there was no room for holidays in Russian life.

Russian girls became the victims of slave trade among the Mongolian troops because they were generously gifted in the area of beauty in both their face and body. In order to avoid Mongolian attention and slavery, Russian girls would intentionally ruin their beauty. They would dirty their face with smoke, swaddle their breasts with linen and walk with a stoop.

17th July 2007 12:00 PM
Voja The Rolling Stones planted 4 trees in the park before concert. This park (literaly along concert palce) whose name is ‘’Park Of PeaceAnd Friendship’’ arisen at 1961 for First Conference of Independent countries which took place in Belgrade, belong patronation of Josip Broz Tito (very important figure in Serbian history). So there is a plants by Nehru, rasta Selasie, Naser and many others.
Belong any tree was cardboard with name of the member of Stones, but now only names of Jagger and Watts remain. But this 2 stems without names are in better condition than Jaggers which started to drain. Unfortunately no one of trees have no chance to survive becasue in Belgrade are now hell temperature with 38-40C.
I'm affraid that in this circumstances ''old fighter'' for trees future in whole stratosphera Chuck Lavell could do nothing.
17th July 2007 01:51 PM
gimmekeef The dead trees will be up on RS.COM for sale shortly....
17th July 2007 01:52 PM
LadyJane Somebody PLEASE find pics of this!!!!

LJ.
17th July 2007 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Somebody PLEASE find pics of this!!!!

LJ.

Its just a tree, I have several near in my yard in around the lake my house backs up to. Whilst they do a nice job of blocking wind and offering shade.....they are just trees (sorry Chuck)
17th July 2007 02:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Somebody PLEASE find pics of this!!!!

LJ.

^ major tingle???
17th July 2007 02:07 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

^ major tingle???

rolling stones bandleader entertains bankers at nursery?
17th July 2007 02:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:

rolling stones bandleader entertains bankers at nursery?

rolling stones bandleader and heads of the Brian Jones Fan Club set to begin digging?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)