ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A grievance I have with the ABB tour... Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th July 2007 07:44 PM
Spru No, not the ticket prices or anything like that, but rather the lack of 2 particular songs from this tour: Gimmie Shelter and Street Fighting Man. I know they are "warhorses" and it's nice to see any warhorse get a rest, but I feel these are two of their better warhorses performance-wise, and they would have been better served to have left them in the rotation for this tour. I know GS was played a little in early '06, but it hasn't been played much (if at all) before or since on this tour, and SFM has been completely absent. SFM was a highlight of the Licks tour, and I would really love to see it return someday. It's a great B-stage song.
[Edited by Spru]
13th July 2007 07:51 PM
mrhipfl I love both songs, but the guitars in Gimme Shelter were kind of a mess on the Biggest Bang DVD. I would still love to see it.
13th July 2007 07:57 PM
akula Street Fighting Man from MSG NY NY on Four Flicks is amazing
13th July 2007 08:10 PM
mojoman we need more money man
13th July 2007 08:37 PM
pdog shortened setlist victims...
13th July 2007 08:41 PM
fireontheplatter i heard gimme shelter at the baltimore show...way back in the day. it was great.
i'm trying to think of any beefs i might have for this tour...but i can't think of any.
13th July 2007 08:47 PM
Gazza Jagger's never been that fond of Street Fighting Man, from what I believe...
13th July 2007 10:03 PM
mrhipfl When was the last time Rip this Joint was played? It would rock on the b-stage.
13th July 2007 10:05 PM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i heard gimme shelter at the baltimore show...way back in the day. it was great.

way back in 06? shit i long for the days before coconuts
13th July 2007 10:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jagger's never been that fond of Street Fighting Man, from what I believe...

a period piece he would prolly call it.
13th July 2007 10:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
When was the last time Rip this Joint was played? It would rock on the b-stage.

It was played on the "Exile" nights on the Licks tour.
13th July 2007 10:58 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It was played on the "Exile" nights on the Licks tour.

did it rock?
13th July 2007 11:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

did it rock?

Like a bastard
13th July 2007 11:50 PM
Nellcote Are you filing a grievance?
If so, you are about a month late.
There was a good sized thread about the Stones owing most everyone here, where were you?
[Edited by Nellcote]
14th July 2007 03:01 AM
Fuck!
quote:
akula wrote:
Street Fighting Man from MSG NY NY on Four Flicks is amazing

yes i agree, but SFM on Three Flicks (not sure) is even more amazing, the boys seemed to have more fun with eachother that other night at the MSG. that whole show seemed like they were having a lot more fun, and to me it looked like mick was drunk or stoned/high, or was it just me?

Fuck!
14th July 2007 06:02 AM
erikjjf
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
When was the last time Rip this Joint was played?

It was last played at the Olympia in Paris in 2003.
14th July 2007 06:07 AM
gorda I ran out of time, and no one told me anything!

Just wait until I get home!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I could have met Micky and the Stones, but no one would help me!

Ha!
14th July 2007 06:16 AM
corgi37 SFM needed a rest. Rather that be gone and hear LSTNT or RT. And frankly, i think them singing it is a bit ridiculous.

I am still mighty miffed they havent dug out We love you.
14th July 2007 11:35 AM
Mr Jurkka Gimme shelter would good
15th July 2007 10:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Gimme shelter would good

2003 version was very light in term of guitars and remember the playback lame intro..
15th July 2007 10:33 AM
CraigP I like SFM, but it is nice to har something random which is also good live, such as "She's So Cold" or "LSTNT" in place of it.
Yes, the late versions (licks Tour) do, in fact, rock!

I've been watching some clips on youtube just to check how they've been sounding this year and i must say that they may have gotten even better since the last "tour".
15th July 2007 11:41 AM
speedfreakjive I agree with SFM, but GS is better on record IMHO, bring back Beast Of Burden
15th July 2007 11:48 AM
_Boomy_ They need to play stuff they're good at playing.

The renditions of "Out of Control" and "Back of My Hand" from earlier in the tour were sweet. Bring them back, damn it.
15th July 2007 06:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Spru wrote:
No, not the ticket prices or anything like that, but rather the lack of 2 particular songs from this tour: Gimmie Shelter and Street Fighting Man. I know they are "warhorses" and it's nice to see any warhorse get a rest, but I feel these are two of their better warhorses performance-wise, and they would have been better served to have left them in the rotation for this tour. I know GS was played a little in early '06, but it hasn't been played much (if at all) before or since on this tour, and SFM has been completely absent. SFM was a highlight of the Licks tour, and I would really love to see it return someday. It's a great B-stage song.
[Edited by Spru]

Man , you said it Spru ......

" GIMME SHELTER " is an outstanding War Song ( .. about a War that was LOST and EVERYONE knew it --- 58,000 American Lives lost for NOTHING !!!! ) and has more cultural relevance than EVER before .....

.....love Keith's arpeggios .

" Bring it back Ronnie !!! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!!
16th July 2007 09:43 AM
voodoopug I do miss SFM actually. I caught GS at one of the shows in early '06, it was a shell of its former self. This doesnt seem like one that they can still play well enough to give it justice.

16th July 2007 09:46 AM
Joey " .. This doesnt seem like one that they can still play well enough to give it justice. "

< ---- Puggy ..................................

You make Joey sad .
16th July 2007 09:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .. This doesnt seem like one that they can still play well enough to give it justice. "

< ---- Puggy ..................................

You make Joey sad .

cheer up young joey:

16th July 2007 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

cheer up young joey:

You make Joey feel much better :

16th July 2007 10:55 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I caught GS at one of the shows in early '06, it was a shell of its former self. This doesnt seem like one that they can still play well enough to give it justice.

I was never lucky enough to catch it live, but on the dvd the main problem is that neither Ronnie nor Keith play much rhythm. They both play lead. The only rhythm guitar is Blondie's quiet acoustic. It sounds so bland.

I think one way the Stones would sound better is by doing less "weaving." It still works out very well in songs like She's so cold, it's only rock n' roll, sympathy...But it makes songs like Gimme Shelter sound boring.
16th July 2007 12:52 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Joey wrote:

Man , you said it Spru ......

" GIMME SHELTER " is an outstanding War Song ( .. about a War that was LOST and EVERYONE knew it --- 58,000 American Lives lost for NOTHING !!!! ) and has more cultural relevance than EVER before .....

.....love Keith's arpeggios .

" Bring it back Ronnie !!! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!!

It did come back, but totally out of context in lame earth.
Keith Urban and Alicia Keys are suprisingly kind of half decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZWE-5X5PU
[Edited by polytoxic]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)