ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
Đ David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: B2B: nearly a decade later Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th July 2007 12:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Exactly why I haven't been to a stadium show since Pacbell in November 2002.

In 1997 going to see the Stones in a stadium, even a huge one like the Oakland Colliseum, was still an event, now...

yep i was at couple of the 97 shows at oakland and both pac bell in 02 and there was no comparison especially the full moon on the first night of the 97 run. even the warmups pearl jam vs ms cow. though i have a nice memory of oakland coliseum 02 well kind of.....
15th July 2007 01:31 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

Not 100% certain, but I think this might be the most appropriate way to enjoy B2B, sans the hard on of coarse, but maybe the hard on makes it more enjoyable, very hard to decipher this enigma, need to consult Arthur C Clark on this one

15th July 2007 04:52 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Two of the best songs on the album IMO, and the title of the final song is a fabulous kiss-off to anyone thinking they were ready to hang it up....

How Can I Stop is one of the best things Keith has ever done, period. Sue me!
15th July 2007 05:16 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

definitely a highlight from my first show in Tampa 2005.

If they gave KD Laing credit for ASMB...Not sure how they wouldnt do the same for Outta Control which is a blatant rip off of Papa Was A Rollin Stone....
15th July 2007 08:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

How Can I Stop is one of the best things Keith has ever done, period. Sue me!

Sue you? I'll stand in a courtroom and defend you!
15th July 2007 08:29 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sue you? I'll stand in a courtroom and defend you!

Thank you, Perry "Gazza" Mason!
15th July 2007 08:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

If they gave KD Laing credit for ASMB...Not sure how they wouldnt do the same for Outta Control which is a blatant rip off of Papa Was A Rollin Stone....

Not really. Theres a little nod to it during the instrumental, but its a few seconds, which hardly makes the song a 'blatant rip off'. They also throw in a bar or two of 'Riders on the storm' if you listen closely....
15th July 2007 08:37 PM
qwer It is, and never was, a good album!
Only 2 great songs: "Juiced" + "Flip the switch"
The rest is just too boring!

"b2b" and "Voodoo lounge" are the worst albums they've ever made! I was very dissapointed when they both came out!
No fire, no smoke, no kickin' ass!!!
And I was very sad, because they always hit me in the past with nearly all their music.

1994 was the year, they bored me for the first time!
And b2b then was the second boring album in a row!
I believed: "The end is near!"

ABB was much better then!
[Edited by qwer]
15th July 2007 10:09 PM
Bruno
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They also throw in a bar or two of 'Riders on the storm' if you listen closely....

Could you tell where exactly? Cause I played the song in my head and couldnīt figure it out... the trumpet bit?
15th July 2007 10:12 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
mojoman wrote:yep i was at couple of the 97 shows at oakland and both pac bell in 02 and there was no comparison especially the full moon on the first night of the 97 run. even the warmups pearl jam vs ms cow. though i have a nice memory of oakland coliseum 02 well kind of.....

Interesting, were you also bored at the Pacbell 02 show ? I had a good time at the Oakland Arean a few days later though, but stadiums, never again.
15th July 2007 11:52 PM
mojoman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Interesting, were you also bored at the Pacbell 02 show ? I had a good time at the Oakland Arean a few days later though, but stadiums, never again.

not exactly bored but stadium fatigue had set in. it was nice to be in frisco, especially because my flight had been delayed due to the weather and i got into town and hour before showtime. by the time 2002 came round the fans who go to the shows either have seen the band before who comprise less than 10% or the other 90% who are youngins, casual fans who are either making a once in the lifetime pilgrimage to see the band, people checking it off their lists of things they have done or those who have had barely any effort to see the band in the past. those kind of fans can suck the energy out of me like a french whore on bastille day. my buddy who i have gone to see countless shows and had been seeing the stones since msg 75 said he wouldnt go the the other nights even if i gave him a ticket..unless it was at the fillmore
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)