ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: B2B: nearly a decade later Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th July 2007 01:49 PM
_Boomy_ I haven't listened to this album in about two years. I don't really see a reason to.
13th July 2007 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I haven't listened to this album in about two years. I don't really see a reason to.

I am of the same thinking. While I really enjoy OUt of Control when played Live....it is not even close in quality on the album. BTB had a few good tracks to me, but its basically filler to me. I prefer Voodoo Lounge and even ABB

However, I can see how someone could appreciate the different directions as far as artistry that the band took here, just not my cup of Wild Turkey.
13th July 2007 02:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am of the same thinking. While I really enjoy OUt of Control when played Live....it is not even close in quality on the album. BTB had a few good tracks to me, but its basically filler to me. I prefer Voodoo Lounge and even ABB

However, I can see how someone could appreciate the different directions as far as artistry that the band took here, just not my cup of Wild Turkey.

finally, i agree with one of your posts
13th July 2007 02:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

finally, i agree with one of your posts

Thanks! have a great/safe weekend!
13th July 2007 02:08 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thanks! have a great/safe weekend!

cheers, same to you, where has JB actually gone to?
13th July 2007 02:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

cheers, same to you, where has JB actually gone to?

He has had some severe digestion issues recently. I think he is feeling a bit better and may have taken a weekend away with his wife and kids. I talked to him the other day and some of the medications were not working well together causing him to shit all day.
13th July 2007 02:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

He has had some severe digestion issues recently. I think he is feeling a bit better and may have taken a weekend away with his wife and kids. I talked to him the other day and some of the medications were not working well together causing him to shit all day.

being jb's fagotty sidekick is a thankless job, no?

v Pug!
13th July 2007 02:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

v Pug!

now you are stealing Fiji's material, give me a break. Crawl back into the whole you were hiding in for the past week and come up with new shit to post. Your name wasn't even mentioned here once when you were gone in rehab, as I predicted. Here, just like in reality, no one gives a shit if you exist or not. Somehow you remain a floater in the toilet of life. I only hope that you contribute something before you end up getting flushed back out to the streets holding a cup of pencils and a sign that says "Will show you another picture of Eddie Van Halen for 12 cents"
13th July 2007 02:53 PM
Saint Sway Pug, how is it that you can't remember the name of your 2nd grade teacher, yet you're still using the same toilet/flush jokes from that year?

here, take the .12 cents I just earned on this Eddie pic and buy yourself a clue

13th July 2007 03:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug, how is it that you can't remember the name of your 2nd grade teacher, yet you're still using the same toilet/flush jokes from that year?

here, take the .12 cents I just earned on this Eddie pic and buy yourself a clue

repetitive and old....sadly, you have become nothing more than the village idiot around here. Have a nice weekend and don't use! Earn that thirty day pendant!
13th July 2007 03:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Have a nice weekend and don't use! Earn that thirty day pendant!

same to you. Try not to work too hard, All-Star

13th July 2007 03:07 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

v Pug!

You were missed...Although your posting skills pale in comparison to the greats who came before you, you are among the few remaining who have not been tainted by allegiances to dark masters...Sadly, there are many here who cannot post with a free conscience for their strings are in the hands of their puppet masters...that's what happens to people when they don't have jobs
13th July 2007 03:11 PM
Joey "..... comparison to the greats who came before you, you are among the few remaining who have not been tainted by allegiances to dark masters..."

< ----- You do NOT know the power of the Dark Side

... You tell 'em Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

One day Fiji ( Oh , .. Lil' Fiji ) you will call HIM Master !!!! :

|
|
V

Jacky Minh !

13th July 2007 03:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You were missed...Although your posting skills pale in comparison to the greats who came before you, you are among the few remaining who have not been tainted by allegiances to dark masters

thank you Fij. You are one of the greats. This place can be an absolute gut busting riot when the top dawgs are all aboard and posting frequently. So please stick around and keep the humor coming.

far too much shidoobee board blandness here lately
13th July 2007 03:15 PM
Joey " thank you Fij. You are one of the greats. "

13th July 2007 03:17 PM
Joey " far too much shidoobee board blandness here lately "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13th July 2007 03:19 PM
Saint Sway Joey & Pug! Omaha Summitt?
13th July 2007 03:49 PM
Torn and Frayed
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Voodoo Lounge has its moments of magnificence and the raw sound is good, but I just think it runs out of steam and has about 4 songs that are pure filler. BTB is for me just a more consistent record overall.

Plus, VL contains that 'sharks will cry' line and BTB doesnt! One star deducted for THAT alone!

"Sharks will cry" is a throwaway line. I bet you there are a bunch of lines just like that in not only many Stones' albums, but many rock albums. Sparks Will Fly, I think, is a solid Stones' song.
13th July 2007 04:11 PM
Erik_Snow I think Voodoo Lounge is a more solid and consistent album than Bridges. Still, the best ones on Bridges - "Thief In The Night", "ANybody Seen My Baby" and "Too Tight" for instance - are top notch
A Bigger Bang didn't grow on me - it's not a contender against other Stones albums, well maybe Their Satanic Majesties Request.
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
13th July 2007 05:03 PM
Some Guy !0 years later and it does not move me.
13th July 2007 06:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
!0 years later and it does not move me.

************ END TRANSMISSION *************

14th July 2007 08:42 AM
gotdablouse Best album since Tattoo You, and it was also put together under pressure too with a lot of fighting, Mick even taking off at the end. For all its faults, the book "Old Gods almost dead" is the best (and only ?) documentation of these hectic sessions. It was also the last time Keith had some inspiration, with several outtakes listed by Karnbach in his infamous book frmo 1997 too. Hope they'll leak out someday.

Anyway B2B has that sense of urgency that they only rarely conjured after 1972. Hard to believe I'm writing this, but in 1997 the Stones "meant" something...although some say that stopped in 1975, Patti Smith I think. Today they're just a circus and Mick and Keith are unforgivable for letting that happen.
14th July 2007 10:46 AM
mojoman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Best album since Tattoo You, and it was also put together under pressure too with a lot of fighting, Mick even taking off at the end. For all its faults, the book "Old Gods almost dead" is the best (and only ?) documentation of these hectic sessions. It was also the last time Keith had some inspiration, with several outtakes listed by Karnbach in his infamous book frmo 1997 too. Hope they'll leak out someday.

Anyway B2B has that sense of urgency that they only rarely conjured after 1972. Hard to believe I'm writing this, but in 1997 the Stones "meant" something...although some say that stopped in 1975, Patti Smith I think. Today they're just a circus and Mick and Keith are unforgivable for letting that happen.

its fun to go see the circus....but you dont have to join it
14th July 2007 06:23 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

its fun to go see the circus....but you dont have to join it

You are very wise beyond your young years mojoman .

The Emperor is very proud of you -- one day you will replace me and take your rightful seat next to ' The Master ' ......
14th July 2007 07:30 PM
GotToRollMe There's a lot I like about Voodoo Lounge. The strong songs are REALLY strong. I can even forgive "sharks will cry" because "Sparks Will Fly" isn't really a bad song. But there are a few songs I consider filler and which I usually skip. Can't say that about B2B. Weakest song on B2B? Probably "Low Down" - but even that has its good points (worth listening to for the vocals alone).
14th July 2007 11:09 PM
Bruno WAY better than VL and ABB.

The sound and performance are amazing, everything very proeminet. Fantastic vocals by Mick. And it has one of the best ballads of their whole career: Always Suffering.

B2B also gave us great videos!
15th July 2007 12:00 AM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are very wise beyond your young years mojoman .

The Emperor is very proud of you -- one day you will replace me and take your rightful seat next to ' The Master ' ......

He's just a boy. Obi-Wan can no longer help him
15th July 2007 09:44 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
mojoman wrote: its fun to go see the circus....but you dont have to join it

Exactly why I haven't been to a stadium show since Pacbell in November 2002.

In 1997 going to see the Stones in a stadium, even a huge one like the Oakland Colliseum, was still an event, now...
15th July 2007 09:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Here, just like in reality, no one gives a shit if you exist or not.

Depsite my high respect for ya Puggy I got to say I like Sway as a "Rescue" Lover like me and the fantastic Some guy.
I missed him and I'm very proud to appear in his signature.

Now you can fight again gentlemen
15th July 2007 10:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Exactly why I haven't been to a stadium show since Pacbell in November 2002.

In 1997 going to see the Stones in a stadium, even a huge one like the Oakland Colliseum, was still an event, now...

No more an event but it's still 2 great hours, even if the Stones became greedy bastards and sometimes sound as a Vegas act (see I go crazy, night time, etc...)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)