ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen Return to archive
10th July 2007 10:30 PM
robpop I know I have been out of things for a while (see my I'm back post)....But has anybody heard anything new about the Springsteen and The ESB tour that was coming?
11th July 2007 02:40 AM
GimmeExile Yes, reliable sources say that a new studio album and tour are coming this fall. It looks like a short fall tour either in US or Europe and then a marathon tour in 2008.
11th July 2007 03:26 AM
pdog I've also heard Superbowl halftime show, will be Bruce and ESB.
11th July 2007 10:55 PM
time is on my side

Bruce Brings The Rock For New Album

The fact that Bruce Springsteen has been recording a new album at Southern Tracks Studios with members of The E Street Band is one of the worst kept secrets in rock. The man has been sighted all over town and, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, recently stopped by local record shop and a bookstore to pick up some music related items — including a CD by the Dropkick Murphys, a Jimi Hendrix DVD and a Joe Strummer biography. The article says he was buying them for his kids, but we think that after The Seeger Sessions and Devils and Dust he’s trying to brush up on his rock & roll for his new album. There’s nothing resembling an official word at this point, but all signs point to the album coming out around September with a worldwide E Street Band tour to follow. With Max Weinberg heading to 11:30 with Conan O’Brian in 2009 and Clarence Clemons five years away from the big seven-oh this could very well be the final tour with the full band.

-- Andy Greene

More Rock News

Bruce Springsteen to Release New E Street Band Album in Fall
Wednesday, July 11, 2007

By Roger Friedman

E-MAIL STORY RESPOND TO EDITOR PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
AP

Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen | Michael Jackson | Kelly Clarkson | Odds 'n' Ends

Bruce Springsteen to Release New E Street Band Album in Fall

The general disarray at Sony Music's Columbia Records may have a savior: Bruce Springsteen.

The Boss, as we still call him, is apparently planning a new album for release in late fall. Some sources insist that this will be an E Street Band album, and not another side project like the "Seeger Sessions" or a solo collection of introspective songs.

An E Street Band album means a big rock 'n' roll sound with Springsteen's featured players like Steve van Zandt, Max Weinberg and Clarence Clemons.

Sources tell me that tracks have been recorded with the group, and that the hope among Bruce insiders is that he will choose their project over several others he may have cooking.

"You never know," one observer said, "but it's looking better and better."

11th July 2007 10:57 PM
voodoopug This is great news....this means that Silvio survived that gunshot outside the Bing!!!
12th July 2007 05:27 AM
justinkurian There was more to the Freidman article:

Sony insiders definitely confirmed in the last few days that Springsteen is scheduled to release new music before the end of the year. He would have to be, since last year, former Sony Music CEO Andy Lack helped the rock legend land a contract worth $100 million over several years.

Another and very important player would be Springsteen's wife: rocker Patti Scialfa. The timing would be perfect since Scialfa — one of my favorite female rockers — already has an album set for release in early September.

"Play It As It Lays" is Scialfa's first new set of songs since "23rd Street Lullaby," which was released three years ago. Patti is already booked on "Letterman" and the "Today" show as well as "The View," where she may have to co-host if Barbara Walters doesn't find replacements for her departed panelists.

For Bruce, a new album would be the first E Street Band release since "The Rising," his magnificent recording about 9/11. That album sold better than any previous Springsteen albums and picked up a number of Grammy nominations. Springsteen lost the award for best album to Norah Jones' debut, if you recall.

If you never tried it, pick up "The Rising" or download some of its amazing tracks like "Empty Sky" or "You're Missing."

The latter song, which had a serious message, could also be the theme song at Sony these days. Quite a few people are missing — and they're not coming back. I'm told that layoffs are continuing, with several departments in publicity and marketing gutted.

When I mentioned this to a Sony higher-up the other day, the person replied: "You are the last one writing about the record business. Don't you realize it's over?"

Maybe, but if so, what do I do with my 1,200 45s and thousands of CDs? Not everything fits in a computer. And when the Springsteen album comes out, I don't want to listen to it on earbuds, but through my Rogue tube amplifier and Sequerra Met 7 speakers. Loud, baby, loud.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288899,00.html
12th July 2007 07:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG Glad to see the rumors making the news. No Stones tour(and even if there was!)..I'll gladly take Bruce and ESB!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)