ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007
© David Neff / DN DNES with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Estadio Vicente Calderón, Madrid Spain, 28th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos, & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
28th June 2007 01:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

they will, they're awesome

are the Stones in danger of being shown up???

Jet's albums blow. But they bring it live. They've got the 70's "ROCK SHOW" act down cold. They're a high energy band full of heavy riffs, sweatin hard and jumpin on their amps.

this isnt Amy Winehouse opening.... these guys will deliver a high energy show with catchy songs full of big rock riffs.... and without wigs.... I think Keiths gonna look even older than he regularly does

gonna be a fun night, tater tots!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
28th June 2007 01:22 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Jet's albums blow. But they bring it live. They've got the 70's "ROCK SHOW" act down cold. They're a high energy band full of heavy riffs, sweatin hard and jumpin on their amps.

this isnt Amy Winehouse opening.... these guys will deliver a high energy show with catchy songs full of big rock riffs.... and without wigs.... I think Keiths gonna look even older than he regularly does

[Edited by Saint Sway]

definitely, i know what u mean re. their albums, but the new one is above average, some great feel good tunes, I saw them recently, great gig
28th June 2007 01:23 PM
egon MEG is getting a haircut and/or massage at the moment
and asked me to take over for a while.

she forwarded me following text, which i gess comes from gazza the great (he met charlie & shit)

Yeah. Johanna had to go at 4 - shes at a family party and then goin 2 show. A few of us here havin a drink and meal. Beast let me eat her octopus. Very hot here. Some 'pacing' required

ah, and this from MEG herself (maybe i wasn't supposed to post this,
but since i call the shots around here:

Visualize this! Of in beauty salon with foils sticking out all over my mop texting on 2 different phones. They must think me nuts

[Edited by egon]
28th June 2007 01:29 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Ha! They'll just turn down the speakers if Jet is that good.
28th June 2007 01:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why does every city's newspaper run the same old story about how they set up the stage??

isnt this "Stones use 18 trucks, 200 employees and two days to set up the stage" story like 25 years old now?

[Edited by Saint Sway]

While I agree the story is old hat at this point, walking by all those trucks is pretty impressive. I mean, carbon footprints aside...
[Edited by glencar]
28th June 2007 01:42 PM
egon ""Jo sitting on shaky penthouse apt near stadium soaking her feet""

......Remeber, i'm just the messenger...
28th June 2007 01:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Dear. You did a great job. I am now beautiful and home!!(still no word about my luggage-DAMN!!)

Thanks for the photos, Jeep..keep it up please..

Told Gazza, I would let you deal with pus, Egon!!!

Did get one other text which I answered and almost was in car wreck-lol

Joanna says "i@#$%*nk in hand, listening to Slave with nice people. Our group is 16 very well equipped people..Not yet ready to walk to show yet"

28th June 2007 02:05 PM
Martha Meg I have a suggestion, cause I'm sorry to hear your luggage went on to Madrid without YOU!) fly out of Dayton on Frontier...on a non-stop... no luggage loss and you're here in under 3 hours. Next trip! Hope that's sooner than later and includes a concert with us!

Great job everyone...except for you egon.

Ha! Just kiddin'!

I predict Rocks Off will be played tonight.

Where do I place my bet?

Let's ROCK!

xxoo,
Martha
28th June 2007 02:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK.. I have now sent 2 unanswered texts begging Gazza to step up the commentary...he ignores me..ME??!!!

I did ask him if he was too "shitfaced" to answer...

Me thinks the brownies have affected him.....
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
28th June 2007 02:12 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Ahh ha!!! Must go peek...

I will e-mail this photo to you. You should have your own copy.

28th June 2007 02:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I will e-mail this photo to you. You should have your own copy.

Bless you SV..He needs to show more body though..not just head!!
28th June 2007 02:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG Yes.. I am happy.. still no word from Gazza..but my luggage will be delivered before 6PM..hopefully before my one phone battery completely dies..

Don't worry the setlist phone is fine..just don't think the "setlist texter" is though
28th June 2007 02:22 PM
egon i'm gonna have a few drinks.
since gazza is not going to entertain me,
i will have to do it myself!
28th June 2007 02:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
i'm gonna have a few drinks.
since gazza is not going to entertain me,
i will have to do it myself!

You can entertain us too..
28th June 2007 02:31 PM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

You can entertain us too..

august 24...25...26...
28th June 2007 02:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:

august 24...25...26...

Yes..SV and I already know that..how about now?

Can you do a "Mick Jagger" and send it to me to post?
28th June 2007 02:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG Jeep and Sway...we need more Madrid photos...PLEASE!!!!!!
28th June 2007 02:41 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
egon wrote:

august 24...25...26...

We can't wait.....

BTW, are you interested in seeing Prince on Friday night, Egon?

28th June 2007 02:45 PM
egon won't be there in time on friday...

MEG; i'll do my mick jagger in London.
I promise.
28th June 2007 02:47 PM
charlotte holy molly hatchet...meg, if i cannot see you naked then this threesome and foursome needs to come to a stop...everyone put their clothes back on and get ready to rock...i wonder if they went to a bullfight?
[Edited by charlotte]
28th June 2007 02:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

definitely, i know what u mean re. their albums, but the new one is above average, some great feel good tunes, I saw them recently, great gig

they sorta remind me of the Faces. They got that disheveled bloozer look witih the Rooster do's. They look like they could be Ronnie's long-lost offspring!!

Live they have the energy and straight ahead rawk approach of the Stones '78 tour. Its sloppy at times, but it rocks hard & fast.

I'd love to see a Stones double bill like this. Young, cocky upstart rockers opening for The Masters. Great fun!
28th June 2007 02:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG Finally Gazza speaks..

"we are at stadium. Lines to get in are insane. Chaos"
28th June 2007 02:52 PM
glencar Meg, you were supposed to be at this show?
28th June 2007 02:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Signal..Photo crew!!!!
.. get me photo of crowds at stadium..pronto
28th June 2007 02:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
Meg, you were supposed to be at this show?

No..never in the plans..would have loved to though
28th June 2007 02:58 PM
glencar I wnated to do Spain but time wouldn't permit. This cyber stuff will have to do...
28th June 2007 03:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wnated to do Spain but time wouldn't permit. This cyber stuff will have to do...

either way, you're mostly stuck watching the show on a screen
28th June 2007 03:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
charlotte wrote:
holy molly hatchet...meg, if i cannot see you naked then this threesome and foursome needs to come to a stop...everyone put their clothes back on and get ready to rock...i wonder if they went to a bullfight?
[Edited by charlotte]

this is all you get..Your entertainment crew....only cause Gazza has been remiss in photo ops....

Hollywood here we come...
More beer please

Post and text at same time!!
28th June 2007 03:11 PM
PartyDoll MEG "we're in. Similar place to Lisbon. Will get photos with digital..no camera phone..doesn't work. Will upload on Saturday. Jet just ending. Stones on around 10."
28th June 2007 03:13 PM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Finally Gazza speaks..

"we are at stadium. Lines to get in are insane. Chaos"

I know how he feels.
I too think public places are too crowded when i'm absolutely shifaced.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)