ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Is Everyone's Opinion Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th July 2006 04:46 PM
Angiegirl Personally I find all religions laughable with their idiotic dogmata.

But the people following it are all different individuals, so speaking about 'Muslims' or 'The Muslim' is as useless as referring to 'The American', 'women', 'left-handed people', 'gays', 'the cheese-lover', 'all guys wearing white socks in their sandals', ...

Besides, my neighbour she's a Moslima and doesn't speak Dutch all that well, but she cared perfectly for my cat when I was away on holiday (even if she overfed him just a little)
19th July 2006 04:47 PM
glencar Whilst I won't make fun of religious dogma, I agree with the rest of your post, Angie.
19th July 2006 04:47 PM
Some Guy keep an eye on that cat now.
19th July 2006 04:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Will Israel defeat hezzbolluh?

But who'll defeat Israel's extremists after that?
19th July 2006 04:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
keep an eye on that cat now.

Lol, not to worry, I checked his arse first.
19th July 2006 04:52 PM
glencar The thing is(and I'm not a Zionist by any means!) is that Israel does keep its extremists contained for the most part.
19th July 2006 04:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
The thing is(and I'm not a Zionist by any means!) is that Israel does keep its extremists contained for the most part.

True. It's just that history taught us that extremists take their chances no matter what their beliefs or territory, is all I'm saying.

I despise all men and women who think they have the right to dictate a way of life, and think they have the right to decide who is worthy of living. Violence is a sign of weakness (and of small dicks, but that's just imho).
19th July 2006 04:58 PM
glencar I'm sure dick size has nothing to do with it.
19th July 2006 04:59 PM
Angiegirl No? Shame, I though it would spice up the discussion.
19th July 2006 05:02 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
glencar wrote:
The thing is(and I'm not a Zionist by any means!) is that Israel does keep its extremists contained for the most part.

I generally avoid political discussions, but I don't think that is an accurate statement. It seems to me that everytime an Israeli leader has actually made any kind of peace that had the potential to be lasting, he was shortly thereafter assassinated.
[Edited by Your Cousin Lou]
19th July 2006 05:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:

Churchill was a zionist...he played a large role in the creation of Israel...he really left this world in the lurch no?

19th July 2006 05:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

I generally avoid political discussions, but I don't think that is an accurate statement. It seems to me that everytime an Israeli leader has actually made any kind of peace that had the potential to be lasting, he was shortly thereafter assassinated.

yeah...that's a dumb ass statement...it really is
19th July 2006 05:44 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

not a terrorism victim... but a Fiji Joeism victim.
19th July 2006 05:54 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Ever hear of Yitzhak Rabin? Guess not...

On November 4, 1995, Rabin was assassinated by Yigal Amir, a right-wing radical who had strenuously opposed Rabin's signing of the Oslo Accords, after attending a rally promoting the Oslo process at Tel Aviv's Kings of Israel Square (which was renamed Yitzhak Rabin Square after his death). Rabin died of massive blood loss and a punctured lung on the operating table at the nearby Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv.

19th July 2006 06:10 PM
glencar Can you name any other Israeli leaders who were assassinated?
19th July 2006 06:15 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
glencar wrote:
Can you name any other Israeli leaders who were assassinated?

Yeah, according to Pat Robertson, Ariel Sharon was struck down by god.

My point is that the argument that Israel somehow controls loonies better than muslim governments is so ridiculous on its face, it's down right laughable. Plenty of nuts on both sides. Period.
19th July 2006 06:47 PM
glencar Whilst I agree that both sides have plenty of nuts, I think even you have to admit that one or two crazed killers isn't the same as Hamas/Hezbollah. Be realistic & thanks in advance!
19th July 2006 07:21 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
glencar wrote:
Whilst I agree that both sides have plenty of nuts, I think even you have to admit that one or two crazed killers isn't the same as Hamas/Hezbollah. Be realistic & thanks in advance!

In terms of organization, I would totally agree with you. All I am saying is that I usually find blanket generalizations to be false.
19th July 2006 08:07 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Ever hear of Yitzhak Rabin? Guess not...

On November 4, 1995, Rabin was assassinated by Yigal Amir, a right-wing radical who had strenuously opposed Rabin's signing of the Oslo Accords, after attending a rally promoting the Oslo process at Tel Aviv's Kings of Israel Square (which was renamed Yitzhak Rabin Square after his death). Rabin died of massive blood loss and a punctured lung on the operating table at the nearby Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv.

Yes and the Rabin killing proves your point how?...you spoke in the plural...so you'll have to come up with more names...and last I checked, one man does not a terrorist group make...who was Hinkley representing?...Frohm?...Sirhan?...Oswald?...what faceless groups were they affiliated with?...are their actions to be tied to some failure of the US government to control some not yet named domestic terrorist group?

Those are rhetorical questions...the answers to the above questions, respectively, are as follows: It doesn't, None, None, None, None, None, and No

Although you are now enrolled, your tuition fee has not yet been received. If this payment is not received within 20 days from the date of this post, you will receive an incomplete grade in all courses.

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
19th July 2006 08:20 PM
not bound to please Right after showing a Lebanese man standing over the Israeli bombed crater where his 6 year old son died - NBC news interviewed an Israeli soldier and asked about children dying. He said it's unfortunate - but he has to protect his family. He's from Detroit.
19th July 2006 09:04 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes and the Rabin killing proves your point how?...you spoke in the plural...so you'll have to come up with more names...and last I checked, one man does not a terrorist group make...who was Hinkley representing?...Frohm?...Sirhan?...Oswald?...what faceless groups were they affiliated with?...are their actions to be tied to some failure of the US government to control some not yet named domestic terrorist group?

Those are rhetorical questions...the answers to the above questions, respectively, are as follows: It doesn't, None, None, None, None, None, and No

Although you are now enrolled, your tuition fee has not yet been received. If this payment is not received within 20 days from the date of this post, you will receive an incomplete grade in all courses.

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Are you being serious or silly? I was only referring to Rabin, sorry about the plural. Last time I checked you don't need to be affiliated with a loony extremist group in order to be a loony extremist.
19th July 2006 09:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Are you being serious or silly? I was only referring to Rabin, sorry about the plural. Last time I checked you don't need to be affiliated with a loony extremist group in order to be a loony extremist.

Its not liked you added an errant "s" - you used the term "everytime" - you surely understand why people wanted a history lesson from you.

I've even lost your point now, and I'm a drunken extremist.
19th July 2006 09:17 PM
Some Guy Don't mess with America or we will put flag stickers on our cars.
19th July 2006 09:28 PM
pdog I'm knitting a crucifix with Mohamad on it and a star of David around his head, at his feet Buddah is masturbating to an image of some berkely hippie goddess!

FYI...
19th July 2006 09:30 PM
Fiji Joe I denounce any American citizen who hangs the flag of another nation on his rear view mirror (other than during world cup season)...I find it divisive and I will discretely key any car meeting such criteria

19th July 2006 09:34 PM
pdog The only thing I hang from my car mirror is some dice!
19th July 2006 09:36 PM
Fiji Joe I have no problems with dice...I'm cool with wiggers

19th July 2006 09:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I have no problems with dice...I'm cool with wiggers

Guero !!! I'm down with brown, black is whack!
19th July 2006 09:52 PM
BILL PERKS I HATE ALL SAND NIGGERS!
19th July 2006 11:28 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I HATE ALL SAND NIGGERS!

The fine print on the road map to peace!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)