ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith asks for pardon in Arkansas Return to archive
19th July 2006 07:41 AM
Jeep It's in today Arkansas Democrat Gazette edition.
An old story from 1975 is back in the news :

Direct access to Keith's clemency application :
http://www.arkansasonline.com/prev/richardsclemency.pdf

19th July 2006 07:53 AM
glencar Huckabee's running for President in 2008. He's got my vote!
19th July 2006 08:03 AM
Gazza You can read Keith's application here :

Disclaimer : Please feel free to laugh out loud at some of the answers on page 9.
19th July 2006 08:26 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You can read Keith's application here :

Disclaimer : Please feel free to laugh out loud at some of the answers on page 9.

Perhaps it's a suggestion to join NA.

Looks like someone's going to have to change their Manhattan #.
19th July 2006 08:26 AM
Jeep Time travel,the 1975 Fordyce story :
http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/history/stones.html
19th July 2006 08:45 AM
glencar So Keith actually filled this thing out then?
19th July 2006 08:47 AM
glencar Whoops, I just saw on page 4 that the gov'ner's counsel filled it out. Hence, all the N.A.'s!
19th July 2006 08:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Perhaps it's a suggestion to join NA.

LOL..thats one way of looking at it!
19th July 2006 09:08 AM
BILL PERKS THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING EVER,WHY WOULD HE CARE?..IS HE GONNA BECOME A CITIZEN?
19th July 2006 09:29 AM
Jeep
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING EVER,WHY WOULD HE CARE?..IS HE GONNA BECOME A CITIZEN?

Maybe !
Page 6 of the form :
Q : What is your reason for requesting executive clemency at this time ?
A : Clear record in Arkansas
19th July 2006 09:32 AM
Gazza By my reckoning, hes been in Arkansas maybe once in the last 31 years, so its quite an accomplishment!
19th July 2006 09:33 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING EVER,WHY WOULD HE CARE?..IS HE GONNA BECOME A CITIZEN?

I do not particularly care for your avatar --- it mocks me facetiously .
19th July 2006 10:13 AM
gustavobala this "crime" did not prescribe?
19th July 2006 11:01 AM
Saint Sway this must be a prank
19th July 2006 11:53 AM
keefkid ya it has to be...

but, its notarized???

how bizarre....
19th July 2006 11:57 AM
jb More Keith nonsense...the guy has become a real parody of his once cool self...who would have thought it would be he, and not Jagger, that became a joke.
19th July 2006 12:14 PM
keefkid isnt it 'funny' how the fan had the stash...???

haaa

i hope they at least bailed him out...
19th July 2006 12:15 PM
jb Keith needs to focus on playing and stop the embarrassing POC stuff...really sad to see him become a parady of himself...
19th July 2006 12:17 PM
keefkid are you trying to bait me jb????

haaa

i dont think keith had anything to do with this...
19th July 2006 12:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man I don't know how things work in America, but wouldn’t his conviction of been wiped clean by now? If so, why would he need a pardon? Keith must've racked up a fair few convictions over the years for more serious offences, so why Arkansas? This is funny, but bizarre!
19th July 2006 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
keefkid wrote:
are you trying to bait me jb????

haaa

No...I try to avoid fish out of respect to Pug. However, as a long time KR's fan, I am a bit disappointed in his appearing in the film. To me, you are a guitar plkayer, not Johnny Depp's lacky.
19th July 2006 12:29 PM
keefkid oh come on it's just a fun little cameo big deal...

but, ya keith is more than a bit lax these days with his playing, the first Philly show he did more posing & joking around then playing...

but... there are many who would love him if he just stood there and picked his nose thru the whole show...and i think he knows that...

sad but true...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
19th July 2006 12:52 PM
Saint Sway this just made CNN...

www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/19/arkansas.richards.ap/index.html

I wonder who is the mastermind behind this joke and filed the papers with Keith's name on it??

the handwriting looks identical to Lethargy's
19th July 2006 12:56 PM
sirmoonie Too funny. Assuming its true.
19th July 2006 01:31 PM
SheRat
quote:
keefkid wrote:

Not that it matters any, but I agree. You'll notice that the article states that the guv'nah didn't specify to whom he was speaking about the pardon.

My guess is that this dude talked to Keith backstage at the Little Rock show, and the subject was broached because Keith brought it up onstage. Keith probably made some stupid joke about how it made him feel nervous, and this whole "pardon" thing is Huckabee's way of ingratiating himself to Keith, who was probably drunk at the time, doesn't remember talking to Huckabee, and was probably drunk when Jane told him this was happening and doesn't remember, and is probably drunk right now, blissfully unaware that this moron is trying to use Keith's 30-year old arrest to make himself seem cool--AND to guaruntee--not only that the Stones play Little Rock next time through--but that Keith will absolutely HAVE to talk to him.

[Edited by SheRat]
19th July 2006 10:27 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't know how things work in America, but wouldn’t his conviction of been wiped clean by now? If so, why would he need a pardon? Keith must've racked up a fair few convictions over the years for more serious offences, so why Arkansas? This is funny, but bizarre!

Criminal convictions are not "wiped clean" by the passage of time. Traffic crimes cease to be considered by auto insurance carriers after 3 years, as the article states.
19th July 2006 11:00 PM
Soldatti Funny as hell.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)