ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Play This On The B-Stage! Return to archive
18th July 2006 02:00 PM
RollingstonesUSA
18th July 2006 02:06 PM
voodoopug That would be a wise move...I have long called for the B stage to be used exclusively for songs written before 1967
18th July 2006 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
That would be a wise move...I have long called for the B stage to be used exclusively for songs written before 1967

Not exciting enough imo...the B stage is to reach those who can't be near..they must be provided with very excitable materail to feel theygot value at 353.50 for mid level.
18th July 2006 03:00 PM
mrhipfl I think the B-stage should only be used for the blues. It's the most intimate part of the show and the blues are the most intimate kind of music they play. It would be so awesome to see just the stones and chuck jam on the b-stage.
18th July 2006 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think the B-stage should only be used for the blues. It's the most intimate part of the show and the blues are the most intimate kind of music they play. It would be so awesome to see just the stones and chuck jam on the b-stage.

They use it to connect to those in the back...maybe they can offer a "C" stage for the mini tour at the upper tiers of arena..thus, we can charge uppies 300 plus as they too, will be "front row" for 3 songs.
18th July 2006 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

They use it to connect to those in the back...maybe they can offer a "C" stage for the mini tour at the upper tiers of arena..thus, we can charge uppies 300 plus as they too, will be "front row" for 3 songs.

it would take too long to get out there.

I suggest including a lanyard/t shirt/ID card with upper level tickets and call it VIP "Stones Nest" seating
18th July 2006 03:13 PM
Maxlugar I like the way you think. They could do a song in each section and every section will have premium seating!!! Cha Ching! They could charge $500 a parking spot and come by on a flatbed too!

This band will go on forever with this coin!
18th July 2006 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I like the way you think. They could do a song in each section and every section will have premium seating!!! Cha Ching! They could charge $500 a parking spot and come by on a flatbed too!

This band will go on forever with this coin!

As Keith is fond of saying "we'll see how far this thing takes us baby"................
18th July 2006 07:31 PM
gimmekeef The B stage is an old idea.When I pay top $ for near front I dont want em crusin away from me.Plus..been there..done that......
18th July 2006 08:22 PM
pdog The b-stage is a dead concept!
18th July 2006 08:36 PM
Nellcote The b stage is the best.
I've seen three tours of shows from here, make the run to the b every time.
Would not miss it.
The one, the only song I want to see played live on the B.
It only makes sense.
No Klein royalties to screw with.
Four of the five who played on it are still in the band
It has a great groove.
SHE WAS HOT.
On a cold Chicago night would be a big hit.
If this is the last go-round, this is b stage material if there was.
If anyone runs into Chuck at a Four Seasons, talk him up about this fast number. He's the direct pipeline to MJ..
18th July 2006 09:04 PM
glencar If they do this song on the B-stage, please let Mick rock a bit harder. This version is a bit fey for my taste.
18th July 2006 09:04 PM
Lazy Bones I like a centre-stage concept.

Centralizing the stage draws more attention to it as it acts as a central energy from the venue. Almost as if the building was built around the stage. One of the reasons why people have liked the b-stage concept...
19th July 2006 05:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I like a centre-stage concept.

Centralizing the stage draws more attention to it as it acts as a central energy from the venue. Almost as if the building was built around the stage. One of the reasons why people have liked the b-stage concept...

Wasn't it the case with the famous Lotus(hi Max!) stage??
19th July 2006 11:28 AM
Paranoid_Android This is from a thread I started a few days ago...

My favorite part of the B stage (besides the close proximity I usually get) is the "small band" aspect...like in their early years...just the band (plus Chuck). I would love to have the B stage segment be 3 or 4 real "oldies"...ex/ Under My Thunb, 19th NB, GOMC, LSTNT, Dandilion, As TGB, Fotune Teller, or even a simple Satisfaction w/o the flames, confetti, balloons, horns, backup singers, etc...just take us back to 1966 or so for those 4 songs...

A SHOW WITHIN A SHOW...

then back to the grand production the band has become...

I thought Midnite Rambler on the B stage was INCREDIBLE on the No Sec tour.

[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
19th July 2006 11:34 AM
jb We must all petition management for the "C" stage ....it will also allow Blondie, Bernard, and Lisa to mocve up to the "B" stage for those who want to be near them...............>Amen.
19th July 2006 11:40 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
We must all petition management for the "C" stage ....it will also allow Blondie, Bernard, and Lisa to mocve up to the "B" stage for those who want to be near them...............>Amen.

You are on fire today .

I'll keep reading this afternoon as long as you keep postin' all of the Gold that I have become quite accustomed to here at the board these past forty years .

19th July 2006 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are on fire today .

I'll keep reading this afternoon as long as you keep postin' all of the Gold that I have become quite accustomed to here at the board these past forty years .

I think you are too moidest sir...but for you, none of this would exist. You, me, Lugar, Nanker, Moonie, Blue, SS, Baby Steelie(anybosdy seen?), and in more recent times Pug, have all really made this place(Gypsy too).
19th July 2006 12:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

You, me, Lugar, Nanker, Moonie, Blue, SS, Baby Steelie(anybosdy seen?), and in more recent times Pug, have all really made this place(Gypsy too).

Has anybody here seen my old friend Steelie?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Steelie, Martin and John.
19th July 2006 12:01 PM
jb What happened to the great MarthaMyDear??????
19th July 2006 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
What happened to the great MarthaMyDear??????

Yeah ........................

She was from California I believe .......WTF ?!?!
19th July 2006 12:06 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah ........................

She was from California I believe .......WTF ?!?!

A great poster .......................an original rocc before it became "cool"...........>
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

A great poster .......................

In our league ?!?!
19th July 2006 12:07 PM
jb I would say so.........
19th July 2006 12:13 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I would say so.........

Very High Standards -- We truly have a ' gift ' .
19th July 2006 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Very High Standards -- We truly have a ' gift ' .

We took what god gave us, and made the most of it. The real tragedy is thsat some have the gift, but don't even know it.....
19th July 2006 12:17 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The real tragedy is thsat some have the gift, but don't even know it.....

" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
We dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "
19th July 2006 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
We dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

"I have a Post"
19th July 2006 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

"I have a Post"

I have a head wound
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)