ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Welcome To My Nightmare Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th July 2006 09:29 AM
Jumping Jack No, not the Alice Cooper song, the inevitability of this run of songs. The nightmare is that it occurs at a show I paid good money to see.

Rain Fall Down
Angie
Streets of Shit
Nighttime

When they do play these back to back it should be grounds for immediately getting your ticket refunded. No wonder shows don't sell out.
18th July 2006 10:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
No, not the Alice Cooper song, the inevitability of this run of songs. The nightmare is that it occurs at a show I paid good money to see.

Rain Fall Down
Angie
Streets of Shit
Nighttime

When they do play these back to back it should be grounds for immediately getting your ticket refunded. No wonder shows don't sell out.

This is the Stones way of getting revenge on those areas who are no longer "stones towns" and did not support the band financially this tour. Do not expect this to happen during fall mini tour.
18th July 2006 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
No, not the Alice Cooper song, the inevitability of this run of songs. The nightmare is that it occurs at a show I paid good money to see.

Rain Fall Down
Angie
Streets of Shit
Nighttime

Funny !
18th July 2006 10:21 AM
MrPleasant I'm thirsty!!!

For some PUSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th July 2006 10:47 AM
Jumping Jack I saw the Coop on Sunday night in Knoxville and my ears are still ringing. A kick ass, hard rocking show. Some jackass ran across the stage during WOMD and was tackled by security and dragged off. I was truly hoping Alice would do Keith one better and run the bastard through with his sword!

If I could stick a knife in my heart
Suicide right on stage
Would it be enough for your teenage lust
Would it help to ease the pain? Ease your brain?

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it

No Streets of Shit or Angie in that set! In fact, his new material is better than the old stuff.
18th July 2006 11:56 AM
Zack Boo fucking hoo, matey.

From all of us who might miss the tour completely due to circumstances beyond their control, consider yourself lucky to have been there at all.

Sincerely,

Zack
18th July 2006 12:15 PM
Jumping Jack True fans will travel hundreds of miles, pay thousands of euros, and do what it takes to make it happen, even for Streets of Shits.

Get on the train, bus or hitchhike if you have to. This is not the time for self pity. Make it happen.

18th July 2006 12:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
True fans will travel hundreds of miles, pay thousands of euros, and do what it takes to make it happen, even for Streets of Shits.

Get on the train, bus or hitchhike if you have to. This is not the time for self pity. Make it happen.

I am sure plenty of people learned their lesson about actually making traveling plans around these guys in this day and age.
18th July 2006 12:29 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
True fans will travel hundreds of miles, pay thousands of euros, and do what it takes to make it happen, even for Streets of Shits.

Ummm, Zack lives in Sri Lanka. . .cut him a break!
18th July 2006 12:36 PM
Jumping Jack Well then "boo fucking hoo" to him in his own smart ass words.
18th July 2006 01:40 PM
pdog So much whining and crying...
Put down the purse and post!
18th July 2006 02:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA
18th July 2006 02:32 PM
Joey

18th July 2006 02:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA

18th July 2006 03:00 PM
Jumping Jack Joeyins, when are the dates for the great Qwest show and other lesser venues to be announced? I have a Who code burning a hole in my pocket. I must see the best Who yet!!!

when, when, when???
18th July 2006 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Rain Fall Down
Angie
Streets of Shit
Nighttime

About as bad a sequence of songs ever performed by the bandthey are really fucking euros with that lame sequewnce imo.
[Edited by jb]
18th July 2006 03:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I have a Who code burning a hole in my pocket. I must see the best Who yet!!!

when, when, when???

Jumping Jack ......................

Care to share that ' Who Code ' with your young Joeykins ?!

Actually , they are still adding dates for the first leg of the tour . I can not BELIEVE all of the Canadian Concerts .

www.Pollstar.com

18th July 2006 03:08 PM
jb Canada is a very active market..biggest NA concert for Stones was Montcon...Who wil sell very well there!!!
18th July 2006 03:29 PM
Jumping Jack My sources are working on the best seats in the house and I will be getting extra to trade for other shows. Front row at Qwest for front row in Hotlanta sound fair? Perhaps you and jb can make the Atlanta Who summit with a side visit the world's largest fish tank.

By Thanksgiving the Falcons will be well on their way to the Superbowl at 10-0. You could even catch the Sunday game aginst the "aints" in the beautiful Georgia Dome!
18th July 2006 05:11 PM
Joey " By Thanksgiving the Falcons will be well on their way to the Superbowl at 10-0. You could even catch the Sunday game aginst the "aints" in the beautiful Georgia Dome! "

Jumping Jack ...........

I like your Falcons this year .

I really do not know what to make of the K.C. Chiefs these days . Herman Edwards is the new coach ! Word .

[ Edited by Dick Vermeil ]

[Edited by Joey]
18th July 2006 05:39 PM
caro All my toys are broken
And so am I inside mom...

(oh the joy when after a long day of dead heat & harassing work, you get an excuse to post some Alice Cooper lyrics!)
19th July 2006 12:10 AM
Zack
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Ummm, Zack lives in Sri Lanka. . .cut him a break!

Thank you, MM. It is true that no one forced me to live in South Asia. But there was a strong rumor before the shrubbery incident that they were going to make up for a date in nearby Bangkok that was missed because of the SARS thing during he Licks tour. But now with the abbreviated schedule, that seems unlikely. Not to get too personal, but I had to send my oldest kid to the States to look at colleges this month, which pretty much ate up my budget for 12-hour air flights that I would need to take to catch them in Europe. Consequently, I am somewhat disappointed and bitter.
19th July 2006 12:45 AM
corgi37 Hang on. You can afford to send your daugter to college. Ok. In America. oook. Then send her to America to go college hunting, presumeably with spending money. ooooook

And you cant afford a pissy airfare to Europe? Even on a credit card? Even if it means you will NEVER see them again.

That aint ok.

Stop bleating, and get your ass to the Catholic continent.
19th July 2006 04:45 AM
Zack Good point. This could be the last time. What are credit cards for but to abuse?
19th July 2006 06:51 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Zack wrote: This could be the last time. What are credit cards for but to abuse?

This has been my mantra for the past two Tours.

LJ.
19th July 2006 07:01 AM
Gazza just two??

Mine has been fucked since Voodoo Lounge!!
19th July 2006 07:17 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:
just two??

Mine has been fucked since Voodoo Lounge!!

Luckily (or maybe Sadly) it wasn't until Licks that I started to travel to multiple cities.

See See...it's this Board. It's all your fault!!!!!

LJ.
aka
Born to Summit
19th July 2006 07:17 AM
Zack Gazza, do you think there I can hold out any more hope for Bangkok or Bangalore now?
19th July 2006 09:20 AM
StickyFishFingers Jumping Jack i gotta know what's the new guitarist in the Coop's band like? - I think his name is Kerri Kelli or something like that - is he as good as Ryan Roxie whom he replaced? I saw the Coop last year and the band was so tight. RR and Damon Johnson worked really well together and Chuck Garrick totally cool.
19th July 2006 09:35 AM
FotiniD You know what, the way things are going, with all out credit cards on fire, ticket prices climbing higher and higher etc. we should create the "Rocks Off World Tour Fund" and hold parties and have auctions to raise money and support all our ticket needs. And it doesn't even sound impossible anymore

Seriously, I do hope and wish you get your show Zack. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

And as for the setlist whining, which seems to be making its way back again, can't you people just enjoy the fact your favorite band is still around after 40 years and playing GOOD on stage?

Yes, I got my own list of Stones songs I'd rather listen to than "Streets of Love" but when it all comes down, some people are NOT as lucky, so think about that and be greatful for what you got. I guess it's human nature, the more you get, the greedier you become. I managed to catch one show on this tour and I'm not complaining one single bit. And heck, they even played SOL beautifully!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)