ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Manilow annoyed his music used as a deterrent (nsc) Return to archive
18th July 2006 07:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels MANILOW ANNOYED HIS MUSIC USED AS A DETERRENT

LATEST: BARRY MANILOW is furious his music is being used by Australian officials to deter gangs of youths from congregating in a residential area late at night. Around 100 teenagers have been gathering in Rockdale, near Sydney, and residents are fed up with being disturbed by racing cars and loud music. So local leaders have hit back - by blasting out Manilow's music between 9pm until midnight every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, while the technique has driven the youths away, residents are now unhappy at having to endure the constant stream of Manilow's music.

And Manilow himself is irritated by the decision to use his back catalogue as a punishing device. He says, "Frankly, I think if you played anyone's music for that long you'd drive any rationally minded human out of their mind. "But have they thought that these hoodlums might like my music? What if some of them began to sing along to CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YOU? Or lit candles when I WRITE THE SONGS was played? Or, heaven forbid, danced around to the infectious beat of COPACABANA? "What if this actually attracts more hoodlums? What if it puts smiles on their faces?"
18/07/2006 07:36

18th July 2006 08:42 AM
Gazza he should consider himself lucky his music isnt used as a suppository instead.
18th July 2006 10:14 AM
Ihavelotsajam He's said worse in the past. I believe he's once compared his influence on people to Nirvana's influence. The man is hopeless.
18th July 2006 10:29 AM
Lethargy If this fails, they might also consider adding She's The Boss to the rotation.

quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
MANILOW ANNOYED HIS MUSIC USED AS A DETERRENT

LATEST: BARRY MANILOW is furious his music is being used by Australian officials to deter gangs of youths from congregating in a residential area late at night. Around 100 teenagers have been gathering in Rockdale, near Sydney, and residents are fed up with being disturbed by racing cars and loud music. So local leaders have hit back - by blasting out Manilow's music between 9pm until midnight every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, while the technique has driven the youths away, residents are now unhappy at having to endure the constant stream of Manilow's music.

And Manilow himself is irritated by the decision to use his back catalogue as a punishing device. He says, "Frankly, I think if you played anyone's music for that long you'd drive any rationally minded human out of their mind. "But have they thought that these hoodlums might like my music? What if some of them began to sing along to CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YOU? Or lit candles when I WRITE THE SONGS was played? Or, heaven forbid, danced around to the infectious beat of COPACABANA? "What if this actually attracts more hoodlums? What if it puts smiles on their faces?"
18/07/2006 07:36

18th July 2006 10:55 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
If this fails, they might also consider adding She's The Boss to the rotation.

Nah, Let's Work would do the trick better.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)