ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 13th floor elevators Return to archive
17th July 2006 08:09 PM
kath new "dell computer" commercial features "you're gonna miss me" by the one and only 13th floor elevators!! i only hope roky and tommy are capable of asking for the royalties.......

fuckin' GREAT song!!!!
18th July 2006 02:38 AM
BrianJonesGirl Groovy song!
18th July 2006 03:53 AM
pdog I love the somewhat obscure 60's garage/psychedelic rock!
18th July 2006 10:16 AM
nanatod A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Intonation Music Festival in Chicago. Among other acts, Roky Erickson and the Explosions played outside of Texas for the first time in years. Roky's set, in addition to including all of his songs about zombies, did include "You're gonna miss me."

He looks and sounds pretty good, considering all he's been through.
18th July 2006 01:40 PM
tumbled this great 13th elevator song also is available on the one-of-a-kind not-to-be-missed soundtrack for the old John Cusack film "High Fidelity." available on amazon and stores everywhere! psa.

[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
18th July 2006 01:45 PM
pdog I would recomend the Nuggets stuff over the soundtrack... Also the book High Fidelity is really great...
18th July 2006 03:31 PM
kath the elevators were a crucial band in the 60's. i lived in austin and saw them play at the old vulcan gas company, which was the strangest place on earth. there are a lot of roky/elevator stories, but the best is that roky wore a bandaid on his forehead. seems he had a third eye and didn't wanna freak anybody out with it. i thought that was nice of him.

incredible time in music history.

18th July 2006 07:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm happy Roky is getting some money.

I'm sad that such a great song has been hijacked to sell fuckin' computers.
18th July 2006 08:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm happy Roky is getting some money.

I'm sad that such a great song has been hijacked to sell fuckin' computers.

It doesn't bother me when it's a old song that was never written to be commercially succesful in the first place. I always chuckle when I hear Iggy's Lust Life for some cruise ship commercial... The songs about getting high... They edited perfectly to hide the lyrics.
18th July 2006 10:51 PM
kath well, were you sad when it was "hijacked" to open the cusack movie "high fidelity"??? i thought it was pretty high praise......
19th July 2006 11:58 AM
GotToRollMe I finally saw the commercial last night. Yeah, I find it disturbing to hear rock and roll songs being used to sell computers, cars and cruise ship lines. Anyway, pdog speaks the truth: The best place to find this song is on "Nuggets," which was put together by The Patti Smith Group's Lenny Kaye and also features such other priceless gems as "Dirty Water" and "Tobacco Road:"

http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=75466

http://www.garagerockradio.com/Nuggets.htm

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)