ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Now I'VE disgraced this board Return to archive
15th July 2006 06:07 PM
Lethargy As usual, I've been listening to my random-songs-from-entire-stones-catalog MP3 directory, and on comes Biggest Mistake. I'm a little tired from a long work week and late night last night, so I must have been unattentive when I started really grooving, dancing around the room, digging the rhythm, the guitar, Mick's voice, and what he's saying.

When the song ended, I screamed in horror "MY GOD, I JUST ROCKED TO BIGGEST MISTAKE", the very song I ridiculed many, many times since the release of A Bigger Bang.

To all of you, I say, I'm so ashamed.

What's wrong with me?
15th July 2006 06:09 PM
Gazza You've seen the light. Its a fine song.
15th July 2006 06:18 PM
pdog This happened in private, there is no shame!
15th July 2006 07:14 PM
Joey " ... so I must have been unattentive when I started really grooving, dancing around the room, digging the rhythm, the guitar, Mick's voice, and what he's saying. "

There is video of this currently up for sale on ebay .

J.

15th July 2006 08:10 PM
Saint Sway Blame it on sobriety.
15th July 2006 10:43 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Blame it on sobriety.

Dr. Sway, you've identified the problem. I must become boooozed immediately, and these horrible memories of Biggest Mistake (BM for short) will surely go away.
16th July 2006 12:26 AM
Kilroy Is there something wrong with me I like the whole album, I listen to it after i've listen to Exhile On Main Streets, and Sticky Fingers.
16th July 2006 02:44 AM
ebmp
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
Is there something wrong with me I like the whole album, I listen to it after i've listen to Exhile On Main Streets, and Sticky Fingers.

You can now kill yourself
16th July 2006 03:07 AM
Zack There is nothing wrong with Biggest Mistake.

And I think the fact that he blew it a few years back with the mother of four his children, who still looked amazing well into her 40s, and was quoted as saying the last thing she did whenever he went away from her was to fellate him, makes the lyric somewhat relevant. Look who he's with now. Tosh to you Jerry bashers.

Cue it up again, Leth, there's no shame.
16th July 2006 07:42 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Zack wrote:
There is nothing wrong with Biggest Mistake.

No, and Bon Jovi is a great rock'n'roll band.
16th July 2006 08:15 AM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
When the song ended, I screamed in horror "MY GOD, I JUST ROCKED TO BIGGEST MISTAKE", the very song I ridiculed many, many times since the release of A Bigger Bang.

What's wrong with me?

How about a claim of temporary insanity?
16th July 2006 08:54 AM
Zack
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

No, and Bon Jovi is a great rock'n'roll band.

No, Bon Jovi sucks. And there is nothing wrong with Biggest Mistake.
16th July 2006 11:45 AM
Some Guy unacceptable.
16th July 2006 11:50 AM
Black and Blue
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
As usual, I've been listening to my random-songs-from-entire-stones-catalog MP3 directory, and on comes Biggest Mistake. I'm a little tired from a long work week and late night last night, so I must have been unattentive when I started really grooving, dancing around the room, digging the rhythm, the guitar, Mick's voice, and what he's saying.

What's wrong with me?

I guess that was your biggest mistake....my god i cant believe i just said that....
17th July 2006 01:42 AM
Egbert Don't be so hard on yourself, Lethargy - it could've been worse:

quote:
Lethargy wrote:
As usual, I've been listening to my random-songs-from-entire-stones-catalog MP3 directory, and on comes Back To Zero. I'm a little tired from a long work week and late night last night, so I must have been unattentive when I started really grooving, dancing around the room, digging the rhythm, the synths, Mick's voice, and what he's saying.

When the song ended, I screamed in horror "MY GOD, I JUST ROCKED TO BACK TO ZERO", the very song I ridiculed many, many times since the release of Dirty Work.

What's wrong with me?

17th July 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway Dont take it so hard Lethargy.

Keep in mind, that we've done much worse.... as I can recall more than one occassion as teenagers where we walked up to DJ booth's with vinyl copies of the Harlem Shuffle Dance remix under our arms and begged them to play it.
17th July 2006 11:30 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You've seen the light. Its a fine song.

17th July 2006 09:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Biggest Mistake isn't a bad song. It starts off really strong but loses a bit of the punch on the last verse lyrically. Think of it as trying to write a limerick, the last line is the toughest to write...even "impossible" most of the time. If the lyrics had held up at the end it would have been a great song.
17th July 2006 09:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Biggest Mistake isn't a bad song. It starts off really strong but loses a bit of the punch on the last verse lyrically. Think of it as trying to write a limerick, the last line is the toughest to write...even "impossible" most of the time. If the lyrics had held up at the end it would have been a great song.

A great song for Garth Brooks!
17th July 2006 09:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
A great song for Garth Brooks!

Yes, perhaps, but Garth Brooks didn't write or record it.
18th July 2006 02:03 AM
Lethargy LOL! I'm nearly spilling soda out of my nose upon reading your post. Good one Egbert. You're so right - it could have been much worse indeed.

quote:
Egbert wrote:
Don't be so hard on yourself, Lethargy - it could've been worse:
quote:Lethargy wrote:
As usual, I've been listening to my random-songs-from-entire-stones-catalog MP3 directory, and on comes Back To Zero. I'm a little tired from a long work week and late night last night, so I must have been unattentive when I started really grooving, dancing around the room, digging the rhythm, the synths, Mick's voice, and what he's saying.

When the song ended, I screamed in horror "MY GOD, I JUST ROCKED TO BACK TO ZERO", the very song I ridiculed many, many times since the release of Dirty Work.

What's wrong with me?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)