ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Setlist rota thread for European tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd July 2006 10:26 AM
Gazza Ok...this worked a treat on the last European tour 3 years ago (when we sometimes even had the setlist up hours befopre the actual show) but not quite at all during the US leg as there was minimal interest. Stonesdoug and myself reckoned it would be easier to arrange if his board took care of the US leg and we did the same with Europe, so hopefully we'll get a response thats as good as we did in 2003

How it works is that we need someone from each show who is willing to text message setlist updates as the concert progresses (every 2-3 songs or so is sufficient...we're not asking you to spoil your enjoyment of the show unnecessarily, and it only requires a brief text with the song titles in abbreviations, eg JJF, SMU, HTW etc)

I'll try and be on hand to receive any text messages for the 16 shows I wont be attending, so if you feel you can help out, sign up below and I'll add you to the list - you can also contact me at [email protected] and I can supply you with a cellphone number where you can text in the setlists. I'll be happy enough to do the honours for the 5 shows I'm going to, unless someone else specifically wants to.

All help is much appreciated

July 11, 2006 Milan Italy San Siro KASKATANAS
July 14, 2006 Vienna Austria Ernst Happel Stadion LORENZ
July 16, 2006 Munich Germany Olympiastadion LORENZ
July 19, 2006 Hannover Germany AWD - Arena SHAKEDHANDSWITHKEITH
July 21, 2006 Berlin Germany Olympiastadion GAZZA
July 23, 2006 Koln Germany Rhein - Energie Stadion PETER DV
July 28, 2006 Paris France Stade de France PETER DV
July 31, 2006 Amsterdam Holland Amsterdam Arena GREG
Aug 3, 2006 Stuttgart Germany Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion LIMBOSTONE
Aug 5, 2006 Zurich Switzerland Dubendorf Airfield UGOTTOROLLME
Aug 8, 2006 Nice France Le Palais Nikala STRANGE STRAY CAT
Aug 12, 2006 Porto Portugal Estadio do Dragao KASKATANAS
Aug 14, 2006 Valladolid Spain Estadio Jose Zorrilla PAULYWAUL
Aug 16, 2006 El Ejido Spain Estadio Santo Domingo KASKATANAS
Aug 20, 2006 London UK Twickenham Stadium GAZZA
Aug 22, 2006 London UK Twickenham Stadium GAZZA
Aug 25, 2006 Glasgow UK Hampden Park GAZZA
Aug 27, 2006 Sheffield UK Don Valley Stadium JACK REGAN
Aug 29, 2006 Cardiff UK Millennium Stadium ADRIAN-L
Sept 1, 2006 Bergen Norway Koengen DANDELION POWDERMAN
Sept 3, 2006 Horsens Denmark Forum Horsens JUMPIN'KENTFLASH

Updated : 17.7.06.

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd July 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza Please dont even think of hijacking this thread.
3rd July 2006 11:07 AM
KeithRichards I can do it for Vienna

Lorenz
4th July 2006 07:07 AM
FotiniD Ok, I think I can help with Milan provided a) I know how to send SMS's with my dad's phone, cause mine doesn't have roaming and b) I don't faint from excitement the first second I see Keith Richards
4th July 2006 07:28 AM
Gazza I might already have a volunteer for that one and a few other shows, Fotini - although its nice to spread them around a bit as I dont like to pressurise people into doing TOO many and reducing their enjoyment of the concert - but its up to you, if you think its doable. Thanks
4th July 2006 07:34 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I might already have a volunteer for that one and a few other shows, Fotini - although its nice to spread them around a bit as I dont like to pressurise people into doing TOO many and reducing their enjoyment of the concert - but its up to you, if you think its doable. Thanks

It's alright, sending a few SMS's every two or three songs won't be much of a hassle for me, it's OK but really the only thing that worries me is if I'll be able to make use of my dad's cell It's a different model than mine, so I'm not used to it and it has the Greek alphabet so I'll have to be changing it to symbols etc. Anyway, boring mobile phone stuff, the point is it might take me longer and I haven't done this before that's why I'm a little hesitant.

If you already have someone who can do it, perhaps it'd be wiser to pick him / her but if the other person/s are not available, I'm all up for it, I'll make it work
4th July 2006 06:01 PM
Sir Jack Regan I can pick up Sheffield if required.
4th July 2006 06:59 PM
Gazza much obliged, Mr Thaw!!

If you can drop me an e-mail ([email protected]) I can give you the number..thanks
4th July 2006 08:20 PM
tookthatname Gazza,

I was in the shidoobee chat room for most of the american leg. if doug didn't mention it, there were quite a few times that the text messages came in out of order. much better to add a song number (1JJF 2HTW 87Gomper etc). also good to run a A team and a B team with all of them knowing each others numbers (2 people sending and 2 receiving)in case someone has emergency. as long as the B team knows they are backup, it works better.
5th July 2006 05:54 AM
Gazza many thanks for the tip..was aware of that problem and yes, i agree its a good idea to have the song numbers.
5th July 2006 11:38 AM
jostorm I'd be happy to do Madrid and Amsterdam 2
5th July 2006 05:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I'd be happy to do Madrid and Amsterdam 2

LOL...."This place is empty" will be very appropriate
6th July 2006 10:02 AM
UGot2Rollme Aug 5, 2006 Zurich Switzerland Dubendorf Airfield>
UGot2Rollme

The pleasure is all mine.
6th July 2006 06:22 PM
Gazza Many thanks...startin' to come together nicely
7th July 2006 06:31 AM
Zeeta Gazza - I'll be at the last Twix gig, you goanna be there?

Well I think I'm gonna be there; I booked a hotel in London 'bout 4 months ago but don't remember where it was?!?! I'm sure I'd have got an email - what a dizzy bastard!

Anyway, if no-one's around I can pick this set list up

7th July 2006 07:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Gazza - I'll be at the last Twix gig, you goanna be there?

yes..I'd kinda signed up to phone the setlist in (see above) but of course if you want to do so, you'd be more than welcome

quote:
Well I think I'm gonna be there; I booked a hotel in London 'bout 4 months ago but don't remember where it was?!?! I'm sure I'd have got an email - what a dizzy bastard!

Now THAT is postin' !!

[Edited by Gazza]
7th July 2006 07:29 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes..I'd kinda signed up to phone the setlist in (see above) but of course if you want to do so, you'd be more than welcome

Now THAT is postin' !!

[Edited by Gazza]

I didn't see you'd already nominated yourself - COOL.

What idiot I am!! I juts gotta call ALL hotels in London and see if they've got a booking for me!

Looking forward to this gig, we're front of stage Ronald's side I think!

7th July 2006 07:47 AM
Gazza well at least youve remembered THAT much

I'm around there too, although close to the middle I think

If youve booked a hotel online, you should have an e-mail confirmation
7th July 2006 09:52 AM
Zeeta Found it!

Turns out we're off to the first twix show! Jesus, couldn't find my nob unless it was screwed on (to my head!)

So a Sunday nite binge> ? Oh I forgot the Holy Trinity don't drink on a Sunday, one must abstain!

I just love naughty pints!
7th July 2006 12:17 PM
peterdv hi Gazza
i can do you Cologne and Paris ..

cheers
Peter
7th July 2006 01:39 PM
Gazza Fantastic - thanks Peter. Send me an e-mail or a text (I think you have my number?)
7th July 2006 04:43 PM
Fiji Joe Gazza will supplant jb as this tour's biggest spender...
7th July 2006 06:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Gazza will supplant jb as this tour's biggest spender...

LOL.I'd need him to heavily sponsor me to help achieve that
10th July 2006 01:13 PM
Saint Sway has anyone volunteered yet for Tim Reis' set at the FLFC Bigger Bash??
10th July 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
has anyone volunteered yet for Tim Reis' set at the FLFC Bigger Bash??

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
10th July 2006 02:53 PM
Saint Sway I see you are as equally surprised that none of the FLFC Bigger Bash attendees have volunteered to text in the set list from Tim Reis' jazz show!
14th July 2006 06:24 PM
Gazza Tele K has won onstage tickets for Munich and isnt sure if he will be able to bring his cellphone and text the setlist

If anyone else can help with this show - and also the Hannover one next week, please let me know

Thanks
15th July 2006 05:38 PM
jostorm I could text you the Berlin setlist if you want me to...
15th July 2006 05:41 PM
Gazza
15th July 2006 05:47 PM
jostorm
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)