ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW DATES EUROPEAN TOUR!!!!!!!!!!! (and other tour updates and gossip!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
27th June 2006 05:30 PM
charlotte everyone on this board and ALL stones fans around the world have been F*CK*D IN THE A*S...sorry but this suxs

click click...lights out

[Edited by charlotte]
28th June 2006 02:45 AM
FotiniD That's lovely! Great job you guys! Another excellent piece of fan screwing. Wonderful.

Yes Gazza, if it's health reasons, I accept and RESPECT it 100%. What I can't accept and respect is this sort of organizing things. It's not as if a medical reason came up at the very last 30 days, so if that's the reason, they KNEW they wouldn't be able to play the 2007 shows from the very first moment they posted the rescheduled gig list. Why have us "postponed"?

The only logical assumption I can make is that the "these are the only gigs played in summer 2006" left September out of it and that they were trying to reschedule for September. Perhaps it didn't work out.

But that's the optimistic scenario I'm not too certain about it

Couldn't we have fallen for a band who actually doesn't despise the fans? So sad and let down right now
28th June 2006 04:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Yes Gazza, if it's health reasons, I accept and RESPECT it 100%.

absolutely..although if things were THAT bad, you would expect there to be NO shows this summer either.
28th June 2006 04:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

absolutely..although if things were THAT bad, you would expect there to be NO shows this summer either.

Exactly. That's why this whole mess doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm sure there's something we're missing here. I only wish they weren't so full of secrecy! What's wrong with it, just come out, give an interview, say SOMETHING! What's with all the mystery?
28th June 2006 07:07 AM
LadyJane Fotini, my friend.

You are going to see them in Milan.

Enjoy that. Focus on that.

I haven't given up hope yet, despite this debacle.

LJ.

PS..Check your email.
28th June 2006 07:14 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Fotini, my friend.

You are going to see them in Milan.

Enjoy that. Focus on that.

I haven't given up hope yet, despite this debacle.

LJ.

PS..Check your email.

Oh LJ darling, I know! I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky for Milan.

("We will always have... Milan!" )

But it's so many things... Thinking of people I know and don't know: friends of mine who waited so long for the Athens gig and they can't travel to another country to see them. People I don't know, who've seen their hopes to see the Stones live dashed as well.

And it's not just the dissapointment from the cancellation itself but also the fact that the Stones seem to disregard us 100% This is what makes me sadder. I don't know if they can be held totally responsible for it themselves or it's the people who work for them that are causing all the mess - but even if the latter was true, you'd think the Stones themselves would have a clue of what's going on in their own tour and try to make things a little better for the fans.

That's what makes me sad: the way it's going downhill, friends and people who won't be able to catch them live because of all that, the total lack of interest the Stones are showing, and the fact that even fans who've loved the Stones for years are starting to reconsider It's really sad.

I'm going to check my e-mail soon! I'm running around with preparations and issuing new passports and all (cause I got an old ID and I need a passport to travel!) and my afternoons are like hell!
29th June 2006 02:59 AM
FotiniD JESUS CHRIST! The Athens gig has been cancelled (well, that's not exactly surprising ) But refunds will start on (hear this!): AUGUST 5.

Do you think it's possible they might hold the ticket money for yet another month with the gig cancelled? Is this even legal? Has it happened elsewhere?

UPDATE:

Just reached them (the local promoter) on the phone. I was lucky enough to speak with one of the managers actually, and she pointed out that as well, "you're lucky you reached me, cause I can explain better what is going on". Well

They told me that up until last night they were on the phone with New York trying to book the gig for September. Of course it never happened. Now they need a month to get along with this, cause there's revenue issues they have to sort out. Also, at the same time we got Tickethouse (the outlet that sold the Stones tickets) selling Guns 'n' Roses tickets, and there are lots of people queuing for them. She said they didn't want to put us through the hassle of waiting in queue to get the refund, cause that would cause even more anger, thus August 5 looks like a good solution.

She also told me that if they wanted, they could have delayed this announcement to gain more time and make the gap between the announcement and the refund process larger. But they prefered to tell us the truth.

Finally, she said that all the money from the tickets were held in a Rolling Stones bank account from day one. Now, that I didn't know. What about the promoter's profit?

And now I'm a little strung out. I don't know who to believe. She sounded logical and fair enough, but it might just be she's good in business and finding excuses On the other hand, it IS Greece, so the revenue services take longer. And the tickets are many.

Who knows?!

[Edited by FotiniD]
29th June 2006 11:27 AM
Gazza according to Sticky Fingers Journal, the US tour is still scheduled to go ahead, starting in Boston in September 28 and running through to mid-late November, with MSG being the New York venue in October.

No theatre shows, apparently, but wait for it "slightly shorter setlists" (you couldnt make this up!)

Makes the excuse for not playing the Euro shows next year look even more inexcusable.
[Edited by Gazza]
29th June 2006 11:48 AM
charlotte so, in the fall, we get a special deal- see them live!!! Remember Yanks, the Europeans got screwed,You have a deal!! $499 per ticket plus a 15 song setlist-you will be in and out in 90 minutes!!!! All tee-shirts $45 !!!!Remember yanks-the Europeans got screwed!!! Tickets go on sell soon!! Better hurry and buy your ticket or even better buy your limit(8).Don't want YOUR show to be CANCELED!!

PS. if your master card/visa should go over your credit limit when purchasing your alloted tickets(8) please use this code(696969)your credit will be extended... by the way, we would prefer to be paid in gold(the yank dollar is on a bit of a slide),we will send you a free poster(shipping $9.95)...thanks! RS

[Edited by charlotte]
29th June 2006 02:07 PM
glencar Is SFJ considered reliable?
29th June 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza well as you well know ( ) Skippy is a legend in his own mind, so it could be

The startdate I originally heard a while back was sept 23rd, so thats 5 days later - and they extended the Euro tour by a whopping 5 days, oddly enough
29th June 2006 02:43 PM
glencar I only met him once & he was not one to notice other folks. I don't get that email anymore. Too much nonsense. I just hope that Oct. 28th isn't the MSG date. I've got other plans!
29th June 2006 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I only met him once & he was not one to notice other folks. I don't get that email anymore. Too much nonsense.

me neither for the same reason, plus his control-freak nature
30th June 2006 04:46 AM
Stray Cat UK I am openly weeping at what has become of the band I once loved.

They don't deserve a single fan in Europe.I appeal to our U.S. friends to think carefully about paying more for shorter sets,if this is true.I'm disgusted.

Shame, Shame, Shame.

sc uk
30th June 2006 02:28 PM
glencar Howe can they get any shorter?
3rd July 2006 10:15 AM
Gazza Stage construction now started at the San Siro

http://www.rollingstonesitalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285

Pictures from earlier today by Jacopo from www.rollingstonesitalia.com
4th July 2006 01:34 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe can they get any shorter?

That's so lame, if it's true...
Special Plans in The USA...
Yeah, right...
I'm feeling alot of the love/hate thing right now!
7th July 2006 03:03 PM
gimmekeef If the European leg has 18 songs or less...Then the dice is cast for the fall....15 songs..with one extended ala Rambler or Cant Ya Hear Me Knockin on Your Bank Account!
7th July 2006 10:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Spoke to an Electric Factory suit at the CSNY show last night.
FWIW, he says that the Philly stop on the fall tour will be at Citizen's Bank Ballpark.
10th July 2006 01:31 PM
gimmekeef Wait till mid summer when the Fall US MiniTour goes on sale.I'm certain they'll use the new Ticketbastard deluxe fuck auction.Bidding per pair starting at $999 with "service" charges.Released in small lots over several weeks to drive up the bidding.It'll make ya puke!
11th July 2006 10:18 AM
jb Stadium shows not a good idea..however, I have some exciting info that may happen!!!
11th July 2006 07:55 PM
TomL Please tell us oh mighty one cause today was Sad..Sad...Sad...
12th July 2006 11:31 AM
jb
quote:
TomL wrote:
Please tell us oh mighty one cause today was Sad..Sad...Sad...

I am unable to at this time.....
18th July 2006 04:58 AM
jonny is the Tue 1 aug amsterdam cancelled. I Have got tickets for this date but it dosnt seem to b listed anymore
18th July 2006 05:36 AM
erikjjf
quote:
jonny wrote:
is the Tue 1 aug amsterdam cancelled.

Yes.
http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/lastestsnews.htmI?l=EN
[Edited by erikjjf]
19th July 2006 08:16 AM
glencar Howe sad. No Dutch shows?
19th July 2006 10:11 AM
Gazza show on July 31st..they only cancelled the 2nd one
19th July 2006 10:37 AM
jb hAVE A GREAT EVENING gAZZA!!! wE ARE GENUINELY EXCITED FOR YOU,
19th July 2006 10:52 AM
Gazza when - tonight?
19th July 2006 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
when - tonight?

Yes..........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)