ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW DATES EUROPEAN TOUR!!!!!!!!!!! (and other tour updates and gossip!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
20th June 2006 08:59 AM
Gazza The money spent isnt really the issue, Fotini - when you choose to buy the tickets in the first place, you know what youre getting into - its the being fucked around so much and generally treated like dirt by a band and management who really dont give a fuck.

There is NO reason on earth to be in a position to already cancel shows that were supposed to be rescheduled for next summer. To say youve tried your best to reschedule a show thats 12 months away but cant manage to do it is an insult to anyone's intelligence. The band is (supposedly) on tour but no dates are confirmed as yet and the stadium is available. The problem is what, exactly?
20th June 2006 09:09 AM
FotiniD Yes I know Gazza, I'm with you 100%.

Keith's accident was not something anyone could have predicted and I knew there were gonna be cities that wouldn't make it to the rescheduled shows, but this situation is different. As you say, they got a whole year ahead to plan their dates in any manner they like and the summer of 2007 there won't even be a World Cup to keep stadiums occupied - there's no real reason why they can't reschedule, and to be honest, I don't really grasp their way of thinking at this moment.

Are they afraid the ticket sales might be poor? Well, if so they would have skipped the whole 2007 thing altogether. Perhaps they couldn't work out a deal with the local promoter?

Either way, I agree 100%, their behavior towards their fans is awful, and if you ask me, if we had a list of the way bands treat their fans, well, that's one list the Stones would definitely end up in the lowest ranks... But what I was trying to say is that despite all that (and alghouth I do recognize all the shitty behavior) I still couldn't make a decision to refrain from seeing them live again.

Perhaps I should, perhaps we all should, but it's like having a person in the family whom you love a lot and they've grown old and grumpy and make you so angry sometimes, yet you still love them. Yep, sad and pathetic example, but that's how I feel sometimes.

On the other hand, I wish there was something we could do to change this, but I think that even if we all could make a common decision never to buy another ticket, well, perhaps they'd just call it a day and nothing would change either way.
20th June 2006 11:59 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Gazza,

who's the guy in the photo with Mick??

kinda looks like Jack White.

that would be cool if he replaced Ronnie.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

...it's Lilith from "Cheers".

20th June 2006 12:03 PM
jostorm Gazza wrote:
The money spent isnt really the issue, Fotini - when you choose to buy the tickets in the first place, you know what youre getting into - its the being fucked around so much and generally treated like dirt by a band and management who really dont give a fuck.

Word!

I couldn't have put it more eloquently, Gazza. The Stones have fucked around with me for the very last time. I have paid for at least your latest Fiji holiday by now, you greedy, thoughtless bastards! Finito. Basta. From now on I shall follow the Who, the White Stripes and any other band starting with "W", and I shall go to as many concerts as necessary for their new material to grow on me......I may try for a concert in 2007, but the way I feel right now I probably won't...

I think it's a bit like living in an abusive relationship, the day simply comes (very late in my case) when you don't want to be used as a floormat anymore. Funny how the Stones are the only men I've ever let abuse me, any other man I would have knifed straight away with an extremely large Sabatier knife .....

I don't love you anymore.

The End.

(camera focuses on me gazing at the sea while slowly walking towards the water edge, "5:15" softly playing in the background.....)
[Edited by jostorm]
20th June 2006 01:50 PM
Stray Cat UK As I feared. They are going to blow the 2007 tour,although they will probably wait until this summer's dates are over in case they upset too many fans before they've earned the interest on our ticket money !

THE greatest r'n r CON in the world.

How much more shit can we take ? Probably as much as they can dole out unfortunately...........me included DOH!

SC UK
21st June 2006 04:57 PM
kahoosier and now Amsterdam 2 is gone, so have they not cancelled now about 1/3 of the supposed postponed shows?
21st June 2006 05:34 PM
rogerriffin August date??? its a long time! hope dont have problem with Twickenham Shows!!!!
21st June 2006 06:34 PM
Gazza those shows are Ok, Roger
23rd June 2006 04:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
and now Amsterdam 2 is gone, so have they not cancelled now about 1/3 of the supposed postponed shows?

But still no announcement on rs.com.
23rd June 2006 04:58 PM
egon I got an announcement;
They have T-shirts on sale, Whoehooooo!
23rd June 2006 05:01 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
I got an announcement;
They have T-shirts on sale, Whoehooooo!

Well, a decent world tour is out of the question, so they started a fashion thingy.
24th June 2006 05:38 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Anyway, still nothing on rs.com about the second Amsterdam show.
24th June 2006 05:51 AM
paddy i think im going to Twickenham.paid 217 quid for Wembley and not heard a dicky bird.
24th June 2006 07:39 AM
Gazza huh?
24th June 2006 01:30 PM
paddy not heard a word since i paid.going to see Bob Dylan on Tues and Wed.
24th June 2006 07:50 PM
Gazza The venues were changed at the end of March.

No tickets have been sent out yet

Enjoy Bob - I would have been at those shows too, but it wasnt financially feasible with the Stones tour coming up this summer and having 5 shows and 4 trips coming up.

see you in the Cabbage Patch at Twickenham!
[Edited by Gazza]
26th June 2006 09:27 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
those shows are Ok, Roger

its now time to speculate about any 'surprise' additions to the European setlists!

I am appealing for Stray Cat Blues - as there are rarely under 16's in the audience
and a reappearance of 'The Nearness Of You'

[Edited by speedfreakjive]
26th June 2006 05:08 PM
Gazza supposedly the Brno (Czech republic) show postponed is now officially 'cancelled' and wont be rescheduled

Not looking too promising for a 2007 tour at all, as far as I can see.
27th June 2006 05:43 AM
Gazza Gothenburg now cancelled as well...
27th June 2006 06:26 AM
FotiniD Bye bye 2007 Stones tour, if you ask me.

My question is, WHY did they postpone these gigs in the first place? Why not cancel them from day one of the new schedule?

I don't understand!
27th June 2006 06:46 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat And still they don't bother to update their own fucking web site. I suggest we let Angiegirl handle that.
27th June 2006 07:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Bye bye 2007 Stones tour, if you ask me.

if thats the case, its bye bye Stones as far as I'm concerned

Fuck them. They dont deserve a fanbase. Unforgivable
[Edited by Gazza]
27th June 2006 07:27 AM
FotiniD I'm so frustrated with all this! Our local promoter here has been so negligent and un-professional in dealing with the situation. They spoke on the radio last Friday, happy to promote their Guns 'n' Roses gig, and only mentioned the Stones at the very end - like it's not THE most important gig expected in Greece right now, or like it's OK to hold our money since March.

And what did they say? "The one thing that's certain is they won't be playing this Sunday".

What gives! And I was ready to go to the stadium, all with my Stones t-shirt and cap

Charlotte from RSFCO insists at IORR that there never was any promise for a 2007 tour. That's funny. So you're saying "those are all the cities we'll play in 2006" and "Athens and [add the cities, I don't remember all of them] are postponed, not cancelled" but you actually don't refer to 2007. I've asked her what she thinks of that, let's see. How close to the Stones is the RSFCO?

Also, she mentioned there might not be a fall US tour either. WTF? Wasn't THE reason for not rescheduling the European dates in 2006 the fact they had already plans for the US?! They're gonna drive us all crazy.
27th June 2006 07:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm so frustrated with all this! Our local promoter here has been so negligent and un-professional in dealing with the situation. They spoke on the radio last Friday, happy to promote their Guns 'n' Roses gig, and only mentioned the Stones at the very end - like it's not THE most important gig expected in Greece right now, or like it's OK to hold our money since March.

And what did they say? "The one thing that's certain is they won't be playing this Sunday".

What gives! And I was ready to go to the stadium, all with my Stones t-shirt and cap

Charlotte from RSFCO insists at IORR that there never was any promise for a 2007 tour. That's funny. So you're saying "those are all the cities we'll play in 2006" and "Athens and [add the cities, I don't remember all of them] are postponed, not cancelled" but you actually don't refer to 2007. I've asked her what she thinks of that, let's see. How close to the Stones is the RSFCO?

Also, she mentioned there might not be a fall US tour either. WTF? Wasn't THE reason for not rescheduling the European dates in 2006 the fact they had already plans for the US?! They're gonna drive us all crazy.

2007 was mentioned on rs.com and still is.
27th June 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza If there's valid medical reasons for not continuing the tour after this summer, fair enough I suppose

Only the biggest sycophant and nitpicker would defend this crap by saying there was no promise of a 2007 tour. Hmm - well the announcement on June 2nd said that they would play 21 shows this summer in Europe , said there would be more THIS year than what were listed and proceeded to list eleven shows as 'postponed' (ie NOT 'cancelled', which was the case for Nuremburg and Leipzig). So, its not rocket science to deduce from that that those postponed shows would take place in 2007.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th June 2006 07:37 AM
FotiniD Here's what Charlotte has to say on that:

> This* was written below the new showlist for the
> tour. And they tried into the very last to get the
> tour rolling until into the second half of
> September, but could not find a solution
> obviously.
>
> My info comes from an OK place, and there WERE
> NO!!!!!!!!! PLANS FOR 2007.

* "This" refers to the list of postponed cities.

It's so nice of them to play with words to get their a$$ covered. See, we never said there'd be a 2007 tour, we said those were all the cities we'd play in the SUMMER of 2006. So we would reschedule the left-out ones in September but all stadiums and hotels were completely booked in September, really. How credible.

Strange Stray Cat, can you point out the 07 reference in RS.Com? I'd like to see what Charlotte thinks of that.
27th June 2006 07:47 AM
Stray Cat UK How many times can they shit on us . I've cut my shows down to 2,maybe 3 this tour,which I would of thought inconceivable a few years ago.

I'm changing loyalties to THE WHO.
Their attitude to performing,recording AND their fans is 100% better.

"I've had enough" -p.t. 1973

27th June 2006 10:36 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

"I've had enough" -p.t. 1973

Most off us feel that way I guess. I will be going to the Amsterdam show however. I have a FOS ticket and my office is next to the Arena so what the heck.

I'm still doubting about going to Nice. I might sell my ticket.
27th June 2006 04:26 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Strange Stray Cat, can you point out the 07 reference in RS.Com? I'd like to see what Charlotte thinks of that.

2007 isn't mentioned on rs.com, nor was it ever as far as I've seen. It were local media who brought that story forward, including local tour promotors.
27th June 2006 04:27 PM
Gazza as good as official

http://iorr.org/news.htm

will the last Rolling Stones fan please turn out the lights when you leave?

many thanks
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)