ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Rolf Klatt with thanks to Helmut
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW DATES EUROPEAN TOUR!!!!!!!!!!! (and other tour updates and gossip!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
6th June 2006 05:14 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Suits me. Shorter but more frequent bursts of touring make more sense at this stage of their career than one massive tour where theyre knackered halfway through and then dont work for a couple of years afterwards

I agree!
And heck, we get to see them more times!
6th June 2006 05:49 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

because eleven of the shows scheduled for this year have been postponed and the press release states that there will be no more summer 2006 shows other than those on the new itinerary and several of the promoters/ticket agencies have already stated that announcements will be made soon about new dates for these shows in 2007.

Barcelona, Madrid, Brussels, Gothenburg, St Petersburg, Brno, Warsaw, Athens, Zagreb, Frankfurt and Amsterdam #2 will all take place in 2007 (still seems to be some confusion over Paris #2 as it appears both Paris shows are being merged into one new date in July 06)

I cant imagine the Stones will just put the band and crew into mothballs for six months just to play eleven stadium shows. Expect to see maybe some of the 'rumoured' shows that didnt pan out for this summer added (Lyon? Dublin?) added to that plus extras in major markets that can support Stones shows on two successive summers such as England, Germany and Holland. While the last two sold slowly this year, that shouldnt be a problem in a non-World Cup year. I expect a show in London (if Wembley IS finally ready, no way will they pass that one up), Rotterdam and a couple more German cities. With a bit of luck, maybe we'll get an arena show or two as well (I've given up all hope of theatres, unfortunately)

Extra shows are conjecture but make perfect sense, not least of all economically.

Suits me. Shorter but more frequent bursts of touring make more sense at this stage of their career than one massive tour where theyre knackered halfway through and then dont work for a couple of years afterwards

This year's tour consists of 21 shows. I would expect next summer's to be almost the same length.

[Edited by Gazza]

Oh right! Just a thought - the outdoor shows will have to be moved indoors in the northern European countries
6th June 2006 07:12 AM
Gazza as they'll be taking place in the summer of 2007, why would they? they were supposed to take place originally in June 2006 - cold weather isnt a problem anywhere during the summer
6th June 2006 08:27 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as they'll be taking place in the summer of 2007, why would they? they were supposed to take place originally in June 2006 - cold weather isnt a problem anywhere during the summer

i didn't know they were gonna take place in the summer, i don't think they'll last that long n e way.
6th June 2006 08:53 AM
Gazza well they already have plans to tour the US from late september until november with a brief trip to Asia and finally Hawaii in December to follow, so its hardly a stretch

you can only realistically play stadiums in Europe from May to September anyway, so 15-20 shows in Europe next summer after a break of a few months is not a punishing schedule
6th June 2006 09:22 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well they already have plans to tour the US from late september until november with a brief trip to Asia and finally Hawaii in December to follow, so its hardly a stretch

you can only realistically play stadiums in Europe from May to September anyway, so 15-20 shows in Europe next summer after a break of a few months is not a punishing schedule

true, but its funny how the tour has marked resemblance the Bridges To Babylon/No Security Tour by the day
6th June 2006 09:50 AM
Gazza there are definite similarities, yes - although of course the only shows that were postponed by one year were the 4 UK stadium shows. Everything else was added later.

There had been some rumours before those postponements of US arena shows from Oct-Nov 1998, but I'm not sure how advanced they were - although as they had added an arena show in Chicago to a short list of rescheduled North american shows in spring 1998 and charged up to $300 a ticket as an 'experiment', I guess that by around that time they figured they could sustain an entire American arena tour at those prices. In the end , they added a few weeks to the '98 European tour, extending it to mid September and instead played the US shows from january -April 1999.

That week the UK tour was postponed was one where it seemed the world was caving in. I had six shows lined up for that summer - 2 in Paris and the 4 UK shows. In the space of three days, they cancelled the 2nd Paris show and postponed the entire UK tour for a year, leaving me with just one show. Exactly a year after the UK postponements we were at the Shepherds Bush gig, so I got 6 shows after all spread out over 11 months - although the fact that they eased the blow by promising on their website a nationwide UK tour of 10-12 theatre shows in 1999 to make up for the inconvenience and then conveniently forgot about it the following summer and played about ten stadium shows around Europe instead changed my entire attitude to the band from that moment on.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th June 2006 10:08 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well they already have plans to tour the US from late september until november with a brief trip to Asia and finally Hawaii in December to follow, so its hardly a stretch

So you're confirming the fall US Minitour or just trying to make dreams come true?....Please no more dreams....lol
6th June 2006 10:19 AM
Gazza LOL..well, I'm saying nothing I havent been saying already for a couple of months. Thats been the intention anyway even prior to Keith's little faux pas, as far as I'm aware.
6th June 2006 05:08 PM
Stray Cat UK Gazza,
I feel the same way about my attitude to the band changing from '98. I used to defend them over "money grabbing" jibes,but it opened my eyes.
I remember making a mad dash to get tickets to The Hauge in the September.
I think it was "provincial arena shows" that were promised for 99,but whatever it was they just simply LIED.

I fear the same over the "wait for further info" on the 2007 Euro tour.They may just be grabbing more interest on the ticket money ,but I hope I'm wrong.

sc uk
6th June 2006 07:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Gazza,
I feel the same way about my attitude to the band changing from '98. I used to defend them over "money grabbing" jibes,but it opened my eyes.
I remember making a mad dash to get tickets to The Hauge in the September.
I think it was "provincial arena shows" that were promised for 99,but whatever it was they just simply LIED.

Yeah, the announcement was for "10-12 arena and theatre shows - many of them to take place in cities they hadnt played in for over 25 years" (which would have meant the likes of Birmingham, Belfast, Liverpool, Bristol etc)

In the end the only extra show added was in that UK city which they never play - London. And the tickets for which went on sale without any advance notice the day before the gig took place at Tower Records in London - when most of their fans were still 250 miles north in Sheffield having gone there to see the band the night before.

Luckily enough a few 'contacts' had tipped me off about the ticket sale and I got to London in time, having got a train out of Sheffield at 5.30 am. 800 of the 1,800 tickets went to crew, friends and relatives and the majority of the other 1,000 (limited to one per person) went to local Londoners who heard the announcement on the radio on the way to work or tourists who had flown in for the Wembley shows that weekend.

In the end it was a great thrill to see them at that show and the most unforgettable night I've had following them, but I know of a lot of diehard fans (some of whom got to EVERY other show around Europe on that tour) who missed out because of the way they organised it - plus the fact that it was just one show like that was so anti-climactic after the promises made 12 months earlier.
7th June 2006 11:37 PM
CHIEFMOON Gazza,

Check PM.
8th June 2006 07:23 AM
Gazza got it and replied. Many thanks
13th June 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza Front of stage tickets are now available for Milan

Go here

http://www.ticketone.it/chooseProduct.jsp?idCat=52&cdProduct=CLCM2006RS0622

and select "Prato A"

(thanks to Harm for the info)
[Edited by Gazza]
13th June 2006 11:56 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Front of stage tickets are now available for Milan

Go here

http://www.ticketone.it/chooseProduct.jsp?idCat=52&cdProduct=CLCM2006RS0622

and select "Prato A"

(thanks to Harm for the info)
[Edited by Gazza]

No thanks. You must be really mad to pay such prices.
13th June 2006 01:40 PM
Gazza Euro 80, 50 ?

That would barely get you a nosebleed at any of the UK shows and might just get you a beer at one of the American gigs!

And I think it was about 150 Euro for FOS at the German shows
13th June 2006 02:19 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Euro 80, 50 ?

That would barely get you a nosebleed at any of the UK shows and might just get you a beer at one of the American gigs!

And I think it was about 150 Euro for FOS at the German shows

you mean 450 euro
13th June 2006 07:45 PM
Gazza the ticket I have for Berlin is under 150 and its FOS

The FOS tickets for Milan in that link were 80,50 - the 450 ones youre referring to are onstage tickets

I wouldnt pay 450 for a show even if it was taking place in my front room

80.50 for FOS for a Stones show is quite reasonable
[Edited by Gazza]
14th June 2006 01:13 PM
introducemyself I was excited about this until I saw the price of the tickets! Can't they do a free Rio style concert at Hyde Park!?
14th June 2006 06:25 PM
Gazza Not a prayer

Theres a significant difference in doing a show for free and putting on a free show

The Stones got paid a hefty sum by the local government in Rio for putting on a show which took millions to stage. The audience didnt pay in, but the band took home a considerable payday from the closed circuit TV rights

A cynical side of looking at it is that by playing to so many people, it also 'saved' them from spending more than a few days in South America (the Rio show plus the 2 that followed in Buenos Aires were the only 3 shows theyve played there since 1998), leaving them more time to play more financially lucrative shows in the US.

Rio was a great 'event', got them massive publicity and the performance was excellent, but theres no doubt that the more hardcore fans down there felt somewhat shortchanged as theyd expected more shows on a level not as huge as that.

They wouldnt do a show like that in Hyde Park because a) its been done before and b) unless its a televised event, theres nothing really in it for them from a financial viewpoint
[Edited by Gazza]
14th June 2006 09:40 PM
glencar Any chance they'll do a small show in London? PS Gazza are you going on that booze cruise that Monday?
15th June 2006 07:34 AM
Gazza the only 'window' for such a show would be August 18th, but I cant see it as it would mean too many consecutive shows without a couple of days off - and they tend to do no more than 4 shows on this tour without a break. I havent heard anything about a theatre show

I had something else planned for the Monday, but I'm not sure whats happening at the minute
19th June 2006 10:37 AM
Gazza posted this on the World Cup thread, but I guess it belongs here too as a few people wont see it there :

The World Cup is Mick’s main goal

19/06/06

RONNIE WOOD is in rehab, Keith Richards is recovering from brain surgery and the whole band will soon be collecting their pensions but Mick Jagger tells us nothing will stop the Rolling Stones from touring.

"Keith is doing great, and so’s Ronnie. We’ll still be doing the tour, don’t worry," reassured Sir Mick.

In fact, the sports-mad singer, 62, is more concerned about the England football team. He and partner L’Wren Scott, above, turned up at the glittering Quintessentially garden party at London’s Debenham House, close to midnight having watched the World Cup at home.

"I never miss England," said Sir Mick, adding that he was less than impressed with their performance against Trinidad & Tobago. "They did have me worried. They need to buck their ideas up."

He also scoffed at the celebratory "robot dance" favoured by lanky striker Peter Crouch. "What’s that all about? Put it this way, I wouldn’t have him up on stage with me."

-Daily Express
19th June 2006 11:22 AM
jb Congrats to USA for a stunning tie against Italy despite horrendous officiating....
19th June 2006 04:59 PM
Saint Sway Gazza,

who's the guy in the photo with Mick??

kinda looks like Jack White.

that would be cool if he replaced Ronnie.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
19th June 2006 05:00 PM
charlotte RS.com 06.19.06 The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang European Tour - Show In Frankfurt Has To Be Cancelled

Despite intensive endeavours to postpone the Rolling Stones show in Frankfurt, The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang European Tour now has to announce with great regrets that this show has to be cancelled, too, due to rescheduling reasons.

However, in order to assist German fans with the opportunity to see the Rolling Stones, all fans with tickets for the show in Frankfurt will receive a special price reduction of 20 euros on any ticket for any other show in Germany.

Fans are kindly asked to return their tickets to the ticket outlet where they originally purchased their tickets. They will receive all necessary information on the special access to tickets for other German shows there.

[Edited by charlotte]
19th June 2006 05:40 PM
Gazza What a load of shit

How the fuck can it be 'cancelled for rescheduling reasons' when they have a whole summer in 2007 available to reschedule it to?

Good to see they did their best to get a new date, though

Cologne is now apparently 'cancelled' as well

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,457492

Not a good sign. Theyre finished in Europe if they dont come back and play these shows next year thay have been postponed this summer

[Edited by Gazza]
20th June 2006 04:23 AM
jostorm The plot thickens!!!!!
Wanna bet that every single cent of every single $ they lose out on is well-insured, while we , the fans, take the full losses???

If they cancel Berlin , too, I swear the Stones can go fuck themselves from now on, the bastards, and I shan't buy any tickets for next year either!

20th June 2006 08:48 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jostorm wrote:
The plot thickens!!!!!
Wanna bet that every single cent of every single $ they lose out on is well-insured, while we , the fans, take the full losses???

I'm actually 100% sure of that.

quote:
jostorm wrote:
If they cancel Berlin , too, I swear the Stones can go fuck themselves from now on, the bastards, and I shan't buy any tickets for next year either!

See, that's where the problem lies for me. Greedy, ruthless, cold-hearted and silly old men as they might or might not be, I still can't find a band that makes me feel half as good as I feel when I'm watching one of their gigs or listening to their music. I'm a victim of theirs and I admit it

When they actually DO play gigs, they're worth their money (well, at least the money they charge us in Europe!). I leave the gig 100% happy and I don't think about the Euros I spent. Pretty good deal.

(And sometimes I do like to make believe that the Stones themselves are not REALLY responsible for all this blood-sucking behavior towards the fans and that it's their silly tour management that we should blame, and in particular, Mr. Cohl. It's nice in dreamland!).
20th June 2006 08:55 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I'm actually 100% sure of that.

See, that's where the problem lies for me. Greedy, ruthless, cold-hearted and silly old men as they might or might not be, I still can't find a band that makes me feel half as good as I feel when I'm watching one of their gigs or listening to their music. I'm a victim of theirs and I admit it

When they actually DO play gigs, they're worth their money (well, at least the money they charge us in Europe!). I leave the gig 100% happy and I don't think about the Euros I spent. Pretty good deal.

(And sometimes I do like to make believe that the Stones themselves are not REALLY responsible for all this blood-sucking behavior towards the fans and that it's their silly tour management that we should blame, and in particular, Mr. Cohl. It's nice in dreamland!).

I'd much rather live in the Dream World too, Fontini...

I'm trying to use the glass half-full philosophy here.
And some finger crossing going on... Lets hope 2007 tour doesn't end up in the dumper....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)