ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto Warnings From Police Return to archive
07-15-03 03:48 PM
steel driving hammer From IORR...

The Toronto police have issued the following warnings:

-Expect up to a couple of hours wait to get on subways
-no immediate road access or parking, roads around site and parking lots will be closed
-Only three gates to be opened with full security checks of bags.
-No coolers, blankets, umbrellas, booze, drugs, lawn chairs, recording devices
-I love this one......the Stones end at 11:00 pm, they expect to clear the park by 05:00am, if it takes 6 hours to clear the park how long will it take to get in with security checks figured in? Not much sense getting that hotel room if your stuck in the park, waiting for the subway and checkout is 11:00 am. Head straight for the car or airport and sleep there.
- and of course prepare for some humid heat.
- somewere in there they plan some music.

Enjoy The Show!!
07-15-03 04:16 PM
jb Do you think there will be a lot of blow-jobs, fucking, or other forms of sex going on during the show? Will Joey C10 be there?
07-15-03 04:25 PM
parmeda Not as much as you'd might expect, jb
..hubby & I won't be able to make it up there so that's one less couple making a "scene" so-to-speak
07-15-03 04:28 PM
jb I'm sorry you can't make it Pam....the absence of the 2 of us will surely effect the results of the above referenced question.
[Edited by jb]
07-15-03 04:31 PM
parmeda rotflmao!!!

...and Toronto will be so grateful, I'm sure!
07-15-03 04:35 PM
Nellcote Hmm, 600,000 people, hot, sultry, lakeshore conditions...
Sounds like the largest enciphillitas/SARS/HIV breeding ground we've not seen for sometime! Please send an invitation to the "Philanderer In Chief" from Chappaqua, NY, as I bet he'll love to see all of them young wimen on the grounds...

Rent the video!

If they can pull this event together in less than six weeks, why can't there be a PPV? Christ, even Live Aid was on the tube, free no less. Some entity should release Live Aid as a DVD, with bonus features, dontate proceeds to some charity, it would sell.
07-15-03 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Boy that sounds like lots of fun.

Nelly!!!

Where's my hootch!?!

I doesn't have to be whiskey....I like vodka too. Especially Russian vodka.

Come on man, football season is just around the corner....how can we make another bet if you haven't paid off on the first one?
07-15-03 04:41 PM
steel driving hammer You speak the truth Nellcote.

Wanna say I heard somewhere it will be on MTV/VH1 but I could be wrong.
07-15-03 04:41 PM
jb Can anyone refer me to a site were I can purchase the DVD supposedly excellent quality Ladies and Gentleman show? Thanks.
07-15-03 04:45 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I doesn't have to be whiskey....

What does that mean???

LOL, if your trying out Ebonics, it's quite funny!!

Question I still have about Toronto is, how many stinky bathrooms will be available for 600,000 people? I just can't do those big concerts.

I perfer to be like Mick and have my own private stool.
07-15-03 04:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nelly knows what it meant and that is all that matters.
07-15-03 05:01 PM
Nellcote SS, your package has had several months of assembly.
I thank you for your patience in this matter.
Good things are worth the wait.
Take it from a Red Sox fan.....
If it can pass the Homeland Security Postal System, you will get it.
I will not take any suggestions for substitutions, as I have claimed such right.

07-15-03 06:13 PM
Lazy Bones Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Chief cautions Stones fans
Fantino tells 'em they'll need plenty of patience
By SARAH GREEN
Toronto Sun

TORONTO -- You can't always get what you want.

Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino issued this warning yesterday to 500,000 fans expected to attend the July 30 Rolling Stones concert, saying they will need patience and civility to cope with long lineups and hot, sweaty crowds at Downsview Park.

"There's going to be a need for people to have patience, there's no doubt about that. People have to realize that before they come," Fantino said.

"There's no point in getting frustrated and upset because you have a couple of hours wait time to get on a subway car," he said.

Concert-goers should arrive early and be prepared to spend the night together, Fantino said, adding it will likely take until 5 a.m. to clear the park after the Stones leave the stage at 11 p.m.

The three entry gates to the park will open at 8 a.m. and fans must be prepared for bottlenecks as they pass through security and have their bags inspected.

Along with the usual concert contraband of alcohol and drugs, umbrellas, lawnchairs, coolers and recording equipment are also forbidden.

Fantino said organizers will uphold the ban on blankets, which can be used to toss exuberant fans into the air.

Motorists won't get no satisfaction, either.

Fantino said there will be no parking at Downsview and streets around the site will be closed, starting at 12:01 a.m. July 30 until 5 a.m. July 31. The roads affected include Allen Rd., Wilson Ave., Sheppard Ave. and Transit Rd.

The Molson-sponsored concert, also featuring AC/DC, Rush and Justin Timberlake, is aimed at boosting Toronto's SARS-battered economy.

To manage the half-million crowd, there will be 1,200 police at Downsview including officers from York, Peel, Durham and the OPP. York and Durham will also provide helicopters.