ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Parken, Copenhagen - 13th July - Setist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive
07-13-03 02:10 PM
bootcover First Pictures (shidoobee)

07-13-03 05:56 PM
steel driving hammer

[Edited by steel driving hammer]
07-13-03 06:36 PM
steel driving hammer
07-13-03 06:36 PM
Angiegirl Great pix! Weird idea they've already done a show in Scandinavia, while I'm still in Paris mentally...
07-13-03 06:48 PM
moy

PRINS RULLESTEN: Kronprins Frederik og Mary ankom til Rolling Stones koncerten. Her skimtes Kronprinsen bag Mary ved siden af Parkens direktør, Flemming Østergaard. Foto. Mogens Flindt
07-13-03 07:30 PM
Helmut BS/SMU/YGMR/DS/WILD HORSES/YCAGWYW/MRAMBLER/TD/SLIPPING AWAY/HAPPY/SFTD/RESPECTABLE/I JUST WANNA MAKE LOVE TO YOU/SFM/GS/IORR/HTW/JJF/SATISFACTION
07-13-03 08:35 PM
crashbandicoot001 ...another pic from Yahoo News...

Sun Jul 13, 7:34 PM ET

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger performs Sunday July 13, 2003 on stage at Parken in Copenhagen during the band's world tour. (AP Photo/ Lars Moeller, Scanpix/Nordfoto2003)

07-13-03 09:08 PM
steel driving hammer Is this the first time Keith took off the head wrap?

Maybe he didn't like Johnny Depps movie, LOL, I don't know...
07-13-03 09:24 PM
justforyou That was a nice setlist indeed...just got back from the show and it felt really good. Here's what I remember at the moment...

Mick - Impressive as always though a bit routined. Sang a nice IJWMLTY.

Keith - Was lit tonight, seemed happy to be playing, dominated the rhythms. Sang backup on WH and a couple of others, though I couldn't hear him do it...except when he joined on Blondie's mike for HTW. Played a superb 1st solo on SFTD.

Ronnie - Weaved nicely all night, no 'toxic' problems. Too low at times (maybe due to me being in Keiths side). Was really great accompanying Wild Horses.

Charlie - Sweating quite a bit on this warm evening, and there he was beating the skins all night.

Darryl - Smiled and danced and seemed pleased. A bit on the routined side though. Liked his stuff on SFTD and JJF.

Chuck - Low in the mix most of the time, though occasionally one would hear his piano (strange klinky piano sound though).

Tube guys - Kept TD rolling, made that smooth intro to YCAGWYW and fired up BS.

B-Stage - Volume a bit low compared to the normal stage, nice clear version of Respectable. IJWMLTY was a treat too.

Best memory: Keith miming 'I love it' in the chorus of IORR!

07-14-03 12:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
07-14-03 02:05 AM
marko Yeah angie.,and stones are mentally allready in HELSINKI!!!
07-14-03 09:54 AM
steel driving hammer The Hives last night, back stage love...

07-14-03 10:05 AM
jb Was it a sell-out...I heard on IORR the worst crowd ever(?)in terms of lack of excitement.
07-14-03 10:51 AM
moy
07-14-03 11:00 AM
moy pix by ole steen

07-14-03 02:54 PM
marko Jb,read again,it wasn´t the worst aud ever,,,can´t be worse
than miami or ft.lauderdale!
07-14-03 03:07 PM
steel driving hammer Marko Chicago audiences are really lazy.

At 1.22.03 durring opening licks of SFM, I stood up from seat, just stood, didn't dance. No one else around me got up from their seat. Then I look behind me and people are telling me to please sit down. It's not like it's a Opera show, it's a rock and roll show.

Enjoy the show tomorrow. I know it won't be your last stadium, even though you say.
07-14-03 03:56 PM
steel driving hammer Don't Stop baby...

Bakie Don't Stop.
07-14-03 04:15 PM
LadyJane Great pics everyone!!

Three observations:

Keith looks good without the headband.

Mick and Charlie look amazing, as always.

Ronnie does not look well. Very pale. Hope he is okay.

LadyJ.
07-14-03 04:26 PM
Moonisup ronnie without make up, now that's scary, he has a grey skin colour
07-14-03 04:33 PM
steel driving hammer You guys know those funny cartoon caractature pictures of the Stones that makes them look alof older than they are?

Well this pic,

could easily been one of those cartoon pics.

But it's real.

Keith IS fucking God.
07-14-03 04:47 PM
Moonisup
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Keith IS fucking God.

not, they are as mortal as you and I,
they shit from the same hole also
07-14-03 05:05 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
not, they are as mortal as you and I,
they shit from the same hole also

Jesus is a mortal and he took a shit back in the day durring Babylon.
07-15-03 08:21 AM
steel driving hammer RS.com,

Au revoir France…hello Scandinavia. After a hectic week in Paris, we were ready to decamp for less frenzied pastures.

Thankfully, we left behind the steaming hot weather and the night was crisp with a full moon hanging heavy in the sky for the 45 000 people in the stadium tonight.

The Hives opened the show tonight. Their first gig with us. They rocked the venue with a fast paced set, cranking out ten songs in under 40 minutes. They spoke Swedish to the audience between songs and in between songs. (Sweden is connected by bridge and lies just a 20 minute drive from here. Sweden is the Hives’ home country.) The lead singer jumped and posed all during their show -- he even threw in a few classic MJ moves. Check out the photo taken in the Hives dressing room tonight (see photo section). Can you spot the two “extra” Hives?

Even after performing a hard rocking theatre show at the Olympia in Paris just two days ago…the Stones strode out on the stadium stage tonight and delivered another high energy set. ‘Wild Horses” was brought back into the set, and “Respectable” was played again from the b-stage.

Lisa Fischer shone especially bright tonight on ‘Gimme Shelter.” Her solo was electrifying.

Stayed tune for news from the Olympia show in Paris. Director (Stones’ HBO special) Marty Callner filmed the show and engineer Ed Cherney (long time Stones collaborator) recorded the audio.

07-15-03 01:34 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer
quote:
moy wrote:

PRINS RULLESTEN: Kronprins Frederik og Mary ankom til Rolling Stones koncerten. Her skimtes Kronprinsen bag Mary ved siden af Parkens direktør, Flemming Østergaard. Foto. Mogens Flindt

"I see you, yet I cannot understand you."

So this is love.

[Edited by KeepRigidsLawyer]