ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sisters! Return to archive
07-11-03 06:45 AM
Zeeta ...albums!!

In the Victor Bockris book, Victor claims that Voodoo Lounge is the closest sister album to Goats Head Soup, and that Bridges to babylon's sister album and closest relative is Tattoo You.

Fair analysis, but he doesn't explain his reasons for claiming this,

Why do you think he holds this analogy??

Do you agree with it?

I dunno why he holds it and I can't really see the connections...

Cheers

[Edited by Zeeta]
07-12-03 11:05 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
...albums!!

In the Victor Bockris book, Victor claims that Voodoo Lounge is the closest sister album to Goats Head Soup, and that Bridges to babylon's sister album and closest relative is Tattoo You.

Fair analysis, but he doesn't explain his reasons for claiming this,

Why do you think he holds this analogy??

Do you agree with it?

I dunno why he holds it and I can't really see the connections...

Cheers

[Edited by Zeeta]

Perhaps because Victor is a turd.

I've ended up reading a LOT of Victor's books because he writes about people I admire or at least find interesting - Keith, Burroughs, Warhol, etc. And he writes as much about himself as the subject, which is a cardinal sin for biographers. Then there are the CDs he released about EVERYONE (Brian, Dylan, Beatles, etc) which all ended up in the cheapie bin. All CRAP, mostly Victor talking about himself again - I have one about the Beatles which includes an 18-minute lecture on Krishna consciousness by Victor's guru.

I really HATE Bockris and consider him one of the worst hacks to ever lift a pen. (Or press "record" on a tape recorder - his Warholian habit of just transcribing what goes on when famous people sit around talking is BORING and bad writing.)

B2B is not Tattoo You's sister. It is Tattoo You's ex-wife.
07-14-03 10:32 AM
Zeeta
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Perhaps because Victor is a turd.

B2B is not Tattoo You's sister. It is Tattoo You's ex-wife.

Hahaha!

Fair enough peanut mate - he should just document the facts I guess and less bullshit. That's what I was enquiring for because I just couldn't suss the connection really. The thing is unlike with Tony Sanchez's book Victor wasn't actually there at any of the events etc - where as Toni was Keith's dealer etc, Victor just relys on other people's accounts which can be bollocks (Nick Kent as it turns out)
Love that analogy of ex-wife!!!!
Thanks,

Matt