ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stade de France, Paris - 9th July - Setist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive
07-09-03 04:27 PM
Gazza Thanks to Sonicrock once again for the phone call

the setlist so far:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Start me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Don't Stop
5. Angie
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Bitch
8. Tumbling Dice
07-09-03 05:07 PM
steel driving hammer Just like Gabriel said in 'Being Mick'

"I wanna see Fraunce."
07-09-03 05:39 PM
Gazza Final setlist:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Start me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Don't Stop
5. Angie
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Bitch
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Slipping away
10. Before They Make Me Run
11. Sympathy For The Devil
12. Miss You (b-stage)
13. Little Red Rooster (b-stage)
14. Street Fighting Man (b-stage)
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Its Only Rock 'n' Roll
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Satisfaction
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

they were just playing JJF when I got the phone call. Thanks very much to Sonicrock for all the updates. He seemed very pleased with tonight's show!
07-09-03 05:48 PM
steel driving hammer I really like how their playing IORR on this tour.

Last tours, Mick would come in right from the start on IORR.

Opposed to now, by letting the band boogie the first few notes, then he comes in.

07-09-03 05:48 PM
shakedhandswithkeith Miss You on B-Stage is cool!

Did they played Angie with electic (like on the NS-Tour) or with acoustic guitars?
07-09-03 05:55 PM
steel driving hammer

[Edited by steel driving hammer]
07-09-03 07:12 PM
sonicrock angie was accoustic great show highlight was the b stage,and bitch tell you more tommorow i m goin to sleep right now .
07-09-03 07:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You rock sonic! You really do
07-09-03 08:42 PM
Jumacfly Hi guys, I just arrived home after this good show...the band was in good form tonight, and a man, IMO, litteraly shined on the show: RONNIE!!
he hasn t missed any solos(bitch,start me up,before they make me run) , was in good mood and did beautiful licks on SFM, TD, YCAGWYW,Angie and SFM..wha
07-09-03 08:56 PM
Jumacfly Hi guys, I just arrived home after this good show...the band was in good form tonight, and a man, IMO, litteraly shined on the show: RONNIE!!
he hasn t missed any solos(bitch,start me up,before they make me run) , was in good mood and did beautiful licks on SFM, TD, YCAGWYW,Angie and SFM..what stroke me most was the encore, when he took again this famous Dan Amstrong with the sitar soud to play JJF!! it was a great moment...Keith is still the man...don t worry for him! Sleeping away was very cool and bluesy thanks to lisa ,bernard and the horns..
I was in third row in front of b stage, and i took nearly a minute to identify Miss you...sound was very muddy, this version was very poor, bobby began to play with no sound..what a mess on b stage!! but rooster and SFM were great..whe had no bullshit like LARS!!
satisfaction was played strongly, keith did his show like on HTW..i don t know what you think about it, but it sounds less sloppy than in the us tour..did they change the tempo for europe?

well, after those 3 french shows, i think the band is in top form...Darryl seems really involved in the tempo, he looks like a guy who has find his place, 10 years after bill s leaving, mick is still and definitely the best performer on earth (who can do that?? bono..hum..axl rose..hum hum...justin timberlake...ppffffff bullshit!!), keith seems free to play like he did, thanks to ronnie 's return..he had a warm ovation tonight..charlie still got the rythm and looks like the happiest drummer !!!
and our favorite little rooster Ronnie??
his child eyes speak for him.....

LICKS KICKS MY ASS!!

ps: many thanks to Philou from marseille, you know why!!

Cheers!!
JUlian
07-09-03 09:25 PM
Jumacfly time to go guys...have a great night...i m so tired!!
you have now an exclusive report to read ( it s 3 o clock in the morning!)

cheers, see ya tomorrow

JU
07-09-03 09:34 PM
parmeda Keith looks soooooo....."something".
I can't pin-point it, but there is "a look" about him in these photos.
AND, IT'S A GOOD THING!

Anyone else see "it"?

(Help me fill in that blank, lol.)

07-09-03 10:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Rock n Roll Pirate?
07-09-03 10:31 PM
MP He looks satisfied
07-09-03 10:34 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Anyone else see "it"?

The last pic...Mick and Keith....look at them. Yes..I see "it"....total satisfaction..!!! They LOVE what they are doing!!

LadyJ.
07-09-03 11:34 PM
Child of the Moon That second picture of Keith... man, oh, man...

This guy honestly gets cooler and cooler. Anyone else with me on this one?
07-09-03 11:36 PM
McQueen Satisfied...yes indeed. Beautiful thang!
07-10-03 01:45 AM
Bluzian SonicRock:

Hey man, thanks for the skinny on all these Paris shows!!
Such a real treat to get immediate news and coverage!!!!!
Enjoy the last show man!

Cheers
Ian in Guelph :-)
07-10-03 03:27 AM
montana two more shots...

07-10-03 03:48 AM
montana another one

07-10-03 05:02 AM
Jacques Hi all
short night we had.
Very good review Ju!
I agree about B stage, only 3 songs but it was enough, miss you ...
The show was different of Bercy, stadium not arena. The setlist was quite different more classic but good choice.
We enjoyed it.
07-10-03 06:15 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat My review:

Bad show and I guess Keith was really drunk.
07-10-03 06:21 AM
Moonisup stade de france:

NOT GOOD

I really could not hear keith, when you heard him, it was not good.
The sound (i had FOS) fro, the B stage was plain bad, and they messed up SFM, strange cos Bercy just ROCKED, well tommorrow must be good, let's hope that.

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
07-10-03 10:31 AM
caro Ha! My very first Stones concert ever! (I really discovered them only after the end of the last tour, which was quite frustrating, lol)
It started with Mick singing the first words of BS completely out of key. But he quickly sorted it out, and did a great job for the rest of the show, smiling and laughing all the time, he really seemed happy to be there. He made the audience sing during YCAGWYW, and at the end of the song, he kind of nodded with satisfaction, as if saying “well done, good boys”
As Jumacfly wrote, Charlie looked happy too, he did a bit of drumming after Mick introduced him (well actually, he had the choice between doing that and saying something to the audience, so he obviously chose the first). Ronnie was great; Keith seemed more comfortable with the last songs than with the beginning.
I did like Miss U, it was quite a laid-back version, so it was a nice change to all those classic rockers. And Little red rooster sounded great, I wish they had done more of those bluesy songs ! Bitch was a highlight too.
The audience looked thrilled, people sang along a lot, and went wild each time you could see Lisa on the screen. Anyway, she really deserved it. I just feel sorry for the Stereophonics, nobody seemed to pay any attention during their set. Their sound wasn’t good, it was mixed like some hard rock band, which didn’t fit them at all. The difference was dramatic to the sound of the Stones, which was so much more dynamic and lively!
I made some (lousy) pics which turned out even worse after I scanned them. I'll try to post them - if it don't work, it won't be a great loss.
07-10-03 11:25 AM
caro

*sigh*
I'll try to find a better scanner somewhere...
07-10-03 12:21 PM
sonicrock well first of all i wasn t sittin in the right spot, so i was alittle disapointed , i didn t watch the stereophonics, i didn t liked much their bercy apparence so i will not talk about them.
the bercy show was very much better, but still the yesterday night show had his great moments. brown sugar,yougot me rocking and star me up went that fast the before i star to be into it it was already past, don t stop was funny with still this drums only break, as bercy show,angie seems to wake some of the audience very popular song in france. but the piano solo seems so weak.ycagwyw was very good exept that they messed up a little the fast part of the end but it didnt matter that much, bitch was powerful,tumbling dice as usual, keith seems to enjoy playin solos instead of the rythmic part but who cares, not me. keith could play auld laung syne that would not bother me. the keith part was as the keith part, sympathy was well played, the end was strange and abrupt. the light show and stage effect are awesome on that song.
the b stage was very strange BUT very pleasent to me.
miss you start, nice surprise,they didn t star all together,but the sound has something to do with that, only bass and drums, and mick, by the way he was playin the ooouououououou with the harp, i like that.
little red rooster introduced as THE little red rooster, was very good at the end they tried to do the bottleneck harp thing but it didn t quite match. street fighting man was not messed up, then jagger try to do ALLLRIGHT but he cough and start to laugh about it
THE BIG DISSAPOINTEMENT was the electronic intro (as they came back from b stage) to gimme shelter, tht s mean the guitar intro is not played at all i missed that.
the last part of the show is in automatic pilot, jagger goin from left to right runnin impressive me much,
otherwise ron was great tonight i agree with that, the funniest is during the introduction of the bands ronnie was dancin all over, mick was waitin to present charlie, and on the big screen you could only see ronnie dancin and smilin, as jagger ask him"are you finish now" a little bit hungry, very funny to me
that s all for me couldn t have tickets for the olympia.
happy with what i saw.
i will have memory for days, and story to tell to my grand childrens.
for ever rollin.
sonicrock.
07-10-03 06:29 PM
rolling___bunny Well i think the start of "gimme shelter" was ok if u ask me. And beside, they can't walk back without any music and they can't play "st germain" again like they do when they walk to the b-stage.
07-11-03 07:25 AM
egon bunny, did you ever make it to marseille?

07-12-03 09:57 AM
steel driving hammer

07-15-03 08:19 AM
steel driving hammer RS.com,

“All roads lead to Rome” should be “all roads, trains, planes lead to Paris.” There were so many people in the band lounge tonight…where did they all come from? It seemed like there were more people inside the Shebeen than there were outside in the stadium!

Backstage was crazy. Lots of people popping in and out of dressing rooms. Ronnie got a new digital camera and was taking photos of everyone and everything. His joie d’ vivre is infectious!

Anthony and Jake are prepping to shoot special backstage footage at the next, so tonight’s show report will be a bit brief. One of the show’s highlights was “Miss You” on the b-stage. Mick opened on harmonica as apposed to guitar.

Next show is at the Olympia Theatre on Friday. The last of our three Paris shows.