ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stade Velodrome, Marseille - July 5, Setlist Pix and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-05-03 05:05 PM
steel driving hammer [Edited by Gazza]

confirmed setlist from Egon, who has just phoned me from the stade velodrome

Brown sugar
start me up
You got me rocking
dont stop
Wild horses
You cant always get what you want
Midnight rambler
Tumbling dice
Slipping away
before they make me run
Sympathy for the Devil
I just wanna make love to you (b-stage)
Like a rolling stone (B-stage)
Street fighting man (b-stage)
Gimme shelter
IORR
Honky Tonk women
satisfaction
Jumpin Jack flash (encore)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
07-05-03 05:08 PM
steel driving hammer

07-05-03 05:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat 19 songs????

not good,

in paris it must be better, I will call my dear friend chuck L to add a song or 2!!!

with love,

moon is up at the SSC's recidence
07-05-03 05:37 PM
beer So this isn't the real setlist?
07-05-03 05:54 PM
Gazza confirmed setlist from Egon, who has just phoned me from the stade velodrome

Brown sugar
start me up
You got me rocking
dont stop
Wild horses
You cant always get what you want
Midnight rambler
Tumbling dice
Slipping away
before they make me run
Sympathy for the Devil
I just wanna make love to you (b-stage)
Like a rolling stone (B-stage)
Street fighting man (b-stage)
Gimme shelter
IORR
Honky Tonk women
satisfaction
Jumpin Jack flash (encore)
[Edited by Gazza]
07-05-03 07:00 PM
steel driving hammer Someone was fooling around w/ the setlist?

Was it really Boomy?

07-05-03 07:03 PM
steel driving hammer Not sure if like these Pastel Colors the boys are wearing.
07-05-03 07:29 PM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Not sure if like these Pastel Colors the boys are wearing.

They're fabulous colours - though I think Keith & Ronnie's dark hair go even better with really vibrant colours which are also terrific in summer. Maybe pastels are high fashion this season?!! LOL!!!
07-05-03 07:39 PM
steel driving hammer Hey Tayla!

Yeah maybe the Pastels are good, they just have to grow more on me.

Just like a fine Rolling Stones album.

What are you doing up so late over there darling ;^)
07-05-03 08:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Merci Patrice Magnien et Frédéric Speich

07-05-03 10:36 PM
egon just got back

fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right next to the b-stage this time.

these boys know their shit.

and....... i got one of keiths' picks.

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good night good people of rocks off, i'm dead.

[Edited by egon]
07-05-03 11:02 PM
beer Hi Egon, congrats on getting Keith's pic!! You're very lucky! What do they have on them? is their a Stones tongue or do they say anything on them?
07-05-03 11:19 PM
parmeda Rest up, dear egon...and post your pictures as soon as you can!

(Isn't the B-Stage like, "the center of it all"? IMO, Being "there" doesn't get any better than that...)
07-06-03 04:49 AM
Jeep
07-06-03 06:53 AM
egon good morning everyone (well good afternoon actually).

sorry, but i did not take a camera to he stadium.
stupid? yes!

the pick:

it's white, with on one side the stones tongue in red and on the other side "the rolling stones".

keef threw it at my spanish friend (you know the type; small, blonde, beautiful) who was standing in front of me.
the pick fell on the floor and at 1st no one could find it.
but then my friend gets up turns around and hands it to me!!!!!!
she's my new best friend.

07-06-03 07:03 AM
egon from la provence:

Quand on a eu la chance de rencontrer Mick Jagger en 1988, avec son look de vieil ado attardé, son air dégingandé et sa fameuse bouche pulpeuse, ce monument du rock paraît tout petit

Avec son éternel bandana qui le fait ressembler à un sorcier indien, Keith Richards et sa bonne vieille basse ont enflammé, hier soir, le stade Vel’ et le public marseillais – Photos Patrice MAGNIEN et Frédéric SPEICH Fragile presque… Et pourtant sur scène, Mick prend de la hauteur. Toujours physique, il déambule, saute, crie, chante sur le podium du stade Vélodrome, comme au bon vieux temps du rock’n roll.
En 1991 déjà, lors de leur premier passage sur la pelouse mythique du Vel’, les Rolling Stones avaient envoûté les 40000 spectateurs, au rythme de leurs grands classiques. Quand le leader du groupe entonne de sa voix rocailleuse, si particulière qui a séduit des générations de fans et de femmes, le public fait corps et chœur avec lui. "Brown Sugar", "Start Me Up", "You Got Me Rocking" ou "Don’t Stop" et tant d’autres morceaux dont on a oublié parfois les paroles, mais pas les rythmes.
Si le public marseillais est avant tout OM, il est aussi très rock. Et une fois de plus, il a su montrer hier soir son grand fair play et sa passion de supporter. Ola avant l’arrivée du groupe et applaudissements. Car comme on vit un match de foot, on vibre pour les accords déchaînés de Keith Richards ou de Ron Wood.

Même si cette tournée a des allures hautement commerciales, il faut tout de même une forte dose de punch et de conviction pour dynamiser plus de 50000 spectateurs. Concert irréprochable, minutieusement orchestré, on ne peut que rendre hommage à ses quatre mythes vivants du rock. Imperturbable, avec ses cheveux blancs, Charlie Watts, derrière sa batterie peut encore donner des leçons aux jeunes musiciens. A 60balais, les Rolling Stones nous ont encore fait rêver. Les Marseillais étaient debout, reprenant les meilleurs refrains. Une chose est sûre, hier soir, moi, j’étais complètement Stones.

Geneviève VANLEDE

[Edited by egon]
07-06-03 07:05 AM
egon translated with www.freetranslation.com:

When one had the luck to meet Mick Jagger in 1988, with his look of old ado delayed, his lanky air and his fine mouth pulpeuse, this monument of the rock one appears all small one

With his eternal bandanna that the does to resemble an Indian sorcerer, Keith Richards and his good low old one inflamed, last night, the stadium Vel’ and the marseillais public – Photos Patrice MAGNIEN and Frédéric SPEICH Fragile almost… And nevertheless on scene, Mick takes height. Always physical, it wanders, jumps, screams, sings on the podium of the stadium Velodrome, as to the old voucher time of the rock’n roll. In 1991 already, at the time of their first passage on the mythical lawn of the Vel’, the Rolling Stones had enchanted the 40000 spectators, to the rhythm of their big classics. When the leader of the group starts singing of his rocky one, so special voice that seduced generations of fans and of women, the public done body and chœur with him. "Brown Sugar", "Start Me Up", "Gory You Me Rocking" or "of which Stop" and so d’autres pieces of which one forgot sometimes the words, but not the rhythms. If the marseillais public is before all OM, it is also very rock. And once of more, it knew to show last night his big fair play and his passion of supporter. Ola before l’arrivée of the group and applause. For as one lives a soccer game, one vibrates for the wild agreements of Keith Richards or of Ron Wood. Even if this turn has highly commercial paces, it is necessary anyway a strong punch dose and of conviction to revitalize more than 50000 spectators. Concert irréprochable, meticulous orchestrated, one can only to pay homage to its four living myths of the rock one. Imperturbable, with its white hair, Charlie Watts, behind his battery again can give lesson to the young musicians. To 60BALAIS, the Rolling Stones again did us to dream. The Marseillais one were standing, resuming the better refrains. A thing is sure, last night, me, j’étais completely Stones. Geneviève VANLEDE

[Edited by egon]
07-06-03 07:22 AM
dealer squealing I don´t like this jacket that Keith is wearing to often now. I like his leather better which he wore for the opening night in Boston and during the No Security tour. This new jacket reminds me of some Las Vegas magician.
07-06-03 09:01 AM
Martha Hey, those of you keeping track of this, I can't recall, has "I Just Want To Make Love To You" been played on the tour yet or is this the first time?
07-06-03 12:46 PM
egon yes!

barclona 29th june
07-06-03 02:35 PM
marcus aurelianus The BEST Rolling Stones'concert I have ever been to. Jagger is INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!The best Frontman ever .
Midnight Rambler was one of the Highlight .
The crowd was fantastic !!!! The Stones have real pleasure to be on stage .

The stones are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!
07-06-03 03:46 PM
steel driving hammer From RS.com!!

Most of the entourage had stayed in Spain for their Holidays. The crew decamped to Marseille and the sunny south of France. Lots of tans...and a few scorched noses. Mick went to his house in the south of France. Keith stayed in Barcelona with his family. Charlie stayed with friends in Spain. Ronnie went home to London (and was spotted watching the tennis at Wimbledon.)
Today was a classic "hit and run." We flew from Barcelona this afternoon. Played the show in Marseille. Then flew to Paris. Getting to the hotel at 3:00am is rough...but it's nice to wake up and have an entire day off-no packing, no bus, no plane, no venue. The stadium we played in tonight was the sight of the Brazil/Holland semi-final match in the 1998 World Cup of Soccer. It is infamous in the annals of Rolling Stones touring history. We were in Budapest on the "Bridges To Babylon" tour. Tor je had a satellite installed in the hotel. We rented a ballroom. Big Party. Everyone came to watch the match and yell at the big screen tv.
Highlights of tonight's Stones set included "Like A Rolling Stones" played on the b-stage. It brought to mind our 1998 gig in Montepellier, with Bob Dylan opening the show. He came out to do a guest appearance wit the RS durring that song. The entire entourage and crew crowded into the wings of the to witness the historic moment. A hush fell over the backstage area...Bob came out onto the stage...and...it was certainly a moment that none of us will ever forget. "Street Fighting Man" was the last song on the b-stage. "Wild Horses" lit up the venue with thousands of tiny lighter flames.
07-06-03 07:06 PM
CS Posted by Gilles at IORR

http://membres.lycos.fr/langue/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=829
07-06-03 07:53 PM
egon who actually writes these tour reports on rs.com?
07-06-03 11:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Why does Keith drop his guitar during "Slipping Away"? Play the fucking thing! It's not a trophy!

Whatever - he still sings it nice, and it's a good little ballad of his, but if he actually played it, he wouldn't have need for Blondie or the backup singers or crap like that.

-tSYX --- First the sun and then the moon...
07-07-03 12:12 AM
Child of the Moon Is it just me, or is Keith looking a hell of a lot cooler these days? That guy truly is rock and roll.

And after looking at that pic of Lisa... man, I think my pants just got tighter.
07-07-03 07:03 AM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Hey Tayla!

Yeah maybe the Pastels are good, they just have to grow more on me.

Just like a fine Rolling Stones album.

What are you doing up so late over there darling ;^)

I'm sure the pastels will grow on you SDH - many years ago I was told if there's a colour you don't like, then wear it- even if as an accessory, and its vibration will grow on you. So, go buy some scarves and enjoy the colours as they grow on you.

I think you might have been getting the times a bit mixed up 'cos I wasn't up late at all over here.
07-07-03 07:09 AM
Talya Peachfeather Great photos CS.

BUT WHY OH WHY hasn't anyone told Keith that the green shirt really doesn't suit his colouring. The dark pink looks better though. For goodness sake, someone tell Keith to give his green shirt to Ronnie or Mick!!!! LOL!!!
07-07-03 08:42 AM
brussels affair I'm not sure but I think I saw Keith Richards daughters sitting in front of the stage watching the stereophonics.
Can anybody clear this matter up. I was standing at the keith side 2nd row near the cat walk. One of his daughters (?)took a picture from the main stage when they were performing on the B stage. Maybe that's why keith was showing off more then usually.
07-07-03 08:42 AM
brussels affair I'm not sure but I think I saw Keith Richards daughters sitting in front of the stage watching the stereophonics.
Can anybody clear this matter up. I was standing at the keith side 2nd row near the cat walk. One of his daughters (?)took a picture from the main stage when they were performing on the B stage. Maybe that's why keith was showing off more then usually.
Page: 1 2