ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Ferenc Puskas Stadium, Budapest 20th July 2007
© NOL.hu / Kovács Bence with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light Return to archive
11th July 2007 06:30 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Coming 9/21...
11th July 2007 06:43 PM
mrhipfl Sweet. I didn't know it was gonna be a theater release. I thought it was just a dvd release...
11th July 2007 06:46 PM
fireontheplatter if it comes to a theater near me..this will be the first time in about 6 years i have gone to the movies.

i dunno, prehaps i need to get out more often.
11th July 2007 09:30 PM
Mel Belli I'm really excited about this -- even more than I'd be for a new album. If it turns out to be a disappointment, I'm. Gonna. Be. Pissed.
11th July 2007 10:10 PM
Steel Wheels With the cinematographers Scorsese called in, this will be an extremely vivid and indelible view of the Rolling Stones. This documentary is going to be fantastic looking.
11th July 2007 10:32 PM
voodoopug I am flying to Las Vegas at 6AM on Sept 22 (which is also our wedding anniversary). I have been promised that we will attend this movie once the kids go to bed and the baby sitter shows up on Friday night, Sept 21. I look forward to a chicago pre party perhaps?
11th July 2007 11:59 PM
mrhipfl Does anyone recall the quality of their performances? Will there be many edits/overdubs?
12th July 2007 01:37 AM
Throwaway Awesome, I remember seeing the Rio show in a theater and that was exciting. This should be even better, as long as there are no Live Licks-style edits..
12th July 2007 04:19 AM
Altamont What a let down. They should have gave Scorsese full access to the vaults and had him make a definitive multi - DVD release of the band from the early days to present days.
12th July 2007 06:44 AM
LadyJane This may be a good weekend for a trip to NYC????
Shine a Light summit, anyone????

LJ.
12th July 2007 10:43 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Does anyone recall the quality of their performances? Will there be many edits/overdubs?

I have heard some complaints about intensity from people who were in the balconies. Having been on the floor for both shows, I thought they were pretty much on fire. Of course, Mick may do some overdubs, as he was suffering from throat problems at the time, and may not have been satisfied, but I did not notice any adverse effects. I wish they would have overdubbed some of the idiot actors who were sitting or talking on their cell phones though.
12th July 2007 08:58 PM
oldkr 2nd show rocked hard - when i moved back to the sound desk there was plenty of clapper board action during keiths stuff but other than that they put on a rockin show! and with that many cxameras and a genius directing they cant go too far wrong. The first night BTW they seemed very aware that they were being 'observed' on stage - very stiff!

OLDKR
12th July 2007 09:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
With the cinematographers Scorsese called in, this will be an extremely vivid and indelible view of the Rolling Stones. This documentary is going to be fantastic looking.

seems to be more a straight "concert movie" than "documentary" going by the interview Scorsese gave in the new issue of "Uncut"
12th July 2007 09:46 PM
Throwaway Gazza, are you talking about the one in theaters or the one released on DVD, or both?
12th July 2007 09:59 PM
Steel Wheels Scorsese is one of my favorite filmmakers, and the Stones my favorite band.

What a dream this is.

And these cameramen? Only the best is the business.

Put on yer dancing shoes, this show is gonna rock.
13th July 2007 07:19 AM
corgi37 There is a lot of love on this project.
13th July 2007 11:19 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Gazza, are you talking about the one in theaters or the one released on DVD, or both?

What is this DVD of which you speak?
13th July 2007 11:56 AM
Throwaway I'm guessing the theaters will get a concert-film, and maybe around Christmas time a multi-disc DVD set will be released.
13th July 2007 05:20 PM
Mr Jurkka Gotta see that.
13th July 2007 05:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Gazza, are you talking about the one in theaters or the one released on DVD, or both?

The Scorsese film, which is a theatre release.

Re: the DVD of it. I'd be amazed if we get much extra with it. Why anyone expects a multi-disc release is beyond me.

I would imagine it would be out on DVD pretty fast though. There isnt much of a market for music films anymore. I'd expected a pretty limited run in theatres.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th July 2007 10:39 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Scorsese is one of my favorite filmmakers, and the Stones my favorite band.

What a dream this is.

And these cameramen? Only the best is the business.

Put on yer dancing shoes, this show is gonna rock.

You said exactly how I feel. I can't wait for this.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)