ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Ferenc Puskas Stadium, Budapest 20th July 2007
© NOL.hu / Kovács Bence with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help With Passport Anyone HELP ! ! ! Return to archive
10th July 2007 10:04 PM
Taptrick HELP ! ! ! Does anyone have any connections or advice in obtaining a passport? My wife applied for a "no-fee" government passport on May 25th as she is on my military orders to move overseas with me. We were told about the passport problems but assured this did not affect the official government business passports. Wrong. Now it looks like we will not receive them by our needed date of 3 Aug in LA. This is really pissing me off to the heights of pissivity. WE ARE NOT GOINT ON A VACATION...we are trying to serve our country and stay together as husband and wife. This isn't for a vacation, it's to live in Turkey for two years away from our families. And we are nonvolunteers to boot. Plus we already gave notice on our lease. My wife has no where to live if she does not travel with me. Plus our cat is supposed to travekl with us so we are trying to figure out what to do with that as well know too. If anyone has any advice or thoughts, ANYTHING would be appreciated. Here are a few things I do know:
- we already have a request for a no fee passport in the system
- an inquiry our Air Force passport coordinator made yesterday said we were at the name check step and four steps to go?
- we can not use an expediting service. The first thing their messages say is that if you already applied, they can't help you
- most people I have talked to that are using an expediting service promising 24 hours to three day service are still finding these companies are taking 4 weeks plus and then refunding a portion of the money
- we can try to get an appointment at the Federal Building in LA if it is within two weeks of departure, but that is difficult and no guarantee
- a lot of advice is simply call your Congressman or Senator, especially for military/govt required travel

Thanks for listening - any advice is appreciated.

[Edited by Taptrick]
11th July 2007 12:24 AM
Starbuck man...that blows.

you're going to play hell getting a passport for your cat at this late date.
11th July 2007 01:01 AM
Fiji Joe The best thing you can do is to call your Congressman at this point...I had a friend who had a similar problem and that's the only thing that got it done...call them and keep calling them until they help you...the passport service is really jacked up right now and you're right, even the expediting services will take at least 4 weeks...good luck
11th July 2007 07:11 AM
WJ Have you thought about calling your local news station? They might be interested in profiling your story considering your situation.
11th July 2007 08:20 AM
Taptrick Thanks for all the advice, I am going to try contacting my congressman and media sources today - the news outlet is touchey. Part of the reason we applied in late May and not early April is because I had to fight with Edwards Air Force Base Outbound Assignments for 45 days to get them to understand I can take my wife to Turkey for two years with me, and they have to pay for it (command sponsored). If that comes out, I can get in trouble for making the Air Force look bad - but at this point I don't care.

Good news is the cat already seems to be covered. Although there are some interesting rules regarding international air travel for pets thatwould shock most people. Ask me off-line if you want to know.

It's been a tough few weeks. It's difficult to find time to make the calls I need to make as I am also in a mandatory class right now and there is no time for phone calls.

And when I do find time for calls, I also got hit with an identity theft issue last week and am trying to deal with that. Some personal advice for anyone out there and free to active duty military for one year - http://www.lifelock.com/

[Edited by Taptrick]
11th July 2007 10:05 AM
Joey " HELP ! ! ! Does anyone have any connections or advice in obtaining a passport? "

11th July 2007 10:08 AM
Joey " Good news is the cat already seems to be covered. "

< ----- ** WHEW **

Amen Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

11th July 2007 02:25 PM
StonesChick Oh, that's really too bad you didn't try an expedited service. I recently submitted mine with expedited service and it was processed and overnighted to me less than two weeks after I sent it in. Good luck!
[Edited by StonesChick]
11th July 2007 02:44 PM
Honky Tonk Man Is your wife a first time applicant? If so, a wait can't be helped I would've thought.
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
11th July 2007 09:30 PM
Taptrick
A regular fee passport is different than an official government travel no-fee passport. The passport my wife will eventually receive is only good for her to travel with me on my military order to Turkey - no where else. That's why I believe these should be a priority over the vacationing passports. We are not even voluteers to go to Turkey. It's go to Turkey or leave the Air Force.

Anyway, Senator McCaskill's office has my case and has supposedly requested my wife's passport be expedited. If I understand the process correctly, the congressional offices have contact with a federal office in DC that can request passports be expedited. I amalson going to contact Kit Bond's office and my rep, Aiken's office to see if they have a more immediate, personal contact. If anyone has any connections with this process, let me know. But things look slightly better today. Thanks.
11th July 2007 10:06 PM
Bloozehound Headin off to Cancun @ end of July, so I went to the PO two weeks ago to get my passport, heard all the horror stories about how long it takes to get one now blah blah blah, so I paid an additional $60 to get it expedited and the fucking thing showed up in my mailbox last week...Uncle Scam got me good
11th July 2007 10:33 PM
Taptrick Hey, I hope you have a blast in Cancun but that's my point. Mandated government travel should take precedence over vacations. We have been waiting 7 weeks for a no fee official government travel passport.

[Edited by Taptrick]
12th July 2007 12:12 AM
Bloozehound You know what I'd do...

I'd tell that greasy-eyed, fat-backed, weaslie-assed congressman sumbitch I would gouge my eyeballs out with an ice pick and commit hari-kari with a flaming Tiki torch outside of his office if he didn't get me that no-fee passport, pronto!

12th July 2007 12:33 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
You know what I'd do...

I'd tell that greasy-eyed, fat-backed, weaslie-assed congressman sumbitch I would gouge my eyeballs out with an ice pick and commit hari-kari with a flaming Tiki torch outside of his office if he didn't get me that no-fee passport, pronto!

That's a quality post...and as the only other sumbitch on this board who uses the term sumbitch appropriately, let me tell you...from one sumbitch to another sumbitch....I got some phillies blunts with your name on them...and a space in my parking lot...if you ever find yourself in KC, holla
12th July 2007 01:10 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's a quality post...and as the only other sumbitch on this board who uses the term sumbitch appropriately, let me tell you...from one sumbitch to another sumbitch....I got some phillies blunts with your name on them...and a space in my parking lot...if you ever find yourself in KC, holla

I know some of these guys tried to use it all appropriately.

12th July 2007 02:55 AM
pdog Best depositon ever!

12th July 2007 07:56 AM
Taptrick That's a funny deposition summary. my wife used to type depo summaries and laughed her ass off at that one.

"I don't refuses...you use trickery...the mental anxiety that you done cause me - it's unpredictable..."

Reminds me of the Prince song Bob George, "all you do is suck up food and eat..."
12th July 2007 08:22 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
You know what I'd do...

Dammit.
I'm laughing so hard I just spilled coffee all over my desk.
Thanks Bloozy.

LJ.
12th July 2007 02:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

This lady(?) may or may not be using it appropriately...It's real hard to tell

This gets my vote as best depo ever...certainly among the shortest...I think the court reporter deserves a combat patch for transcribing this

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12th July 2007 11:32 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

HaHa is that for real, that's priceless

love it when that old fart jumps up at the end after he gets called a dumb sumbitch

13th July 2007 12:06 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

HaHa is that for real, that's priceless

love it when that old fart jumps up at the end after he gets called a dumb sumbitch

It is real, and the funniest thing I have seen in years. I have played that thing 50 times in the last two weeks - it fucking cracks me up - like 4 different interest going at it, everyone involved has something say, even "Tucker."

BTW, I've since learned that the unseen lawyer on the right is Joe Jamail, a very famous Texas lawyer, for mostly good and few bad reasons.

Here is his site.
http://www.joejamail.net/

And one of these day, the good lord willing, I will get the opportunity to call a witness a dumb sonofabitch in a depo without being sanctioned or disciplined. Then, and only then, my work here on earth will be done.
14th July 2007 03:41 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Here is his site.
http://www.joejamail.net/

Wow, so that's the guy the football fields named after at UT's Memorial Stadium, always wondered who Joe Jamail was, thanks for the heads up moonie, fascinating read

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)