ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROLLING STONES TRUE STEREO PETITION TO ABKCO RECORDS Return to archive
July 18th, 2005 11:50 AM
elmolewis1 Dear Rolling Stones Fans:

The purpose of this petition is to persuade ABKCO Records to release the TRUE STEREO versions of the 24 songs The Rolling Stones recorded in the 1960s, and which were NOT included on their 2002 release of "The Rolling Stones Remastered Series” (SACD).

It has been over 40 years since these songs were released, but we have never heard them the way they were actually recorded - in TRUE STEREO. Over the years, other record labels have remastered records by other Sixties artists, and in doing so have completely expunged mono versions from their catalog and replaced them for true-stereo versions. With the exception of a few songs from ABKCO’s “Remastered Series,” we still have not been able to say the same about our favorite Rolling Stones – who have recorded some of their greatest music during this era. Rather than voice our opinion on the Internet or privately amongst ourselves, I think it’s about time we let ABKCO Records know there is a demand to hear the TRUE STEREO versions.

The Petition can be signed at the following link, and please spread the word:

http://www.petitiononline.com/brian69/petition.html

When this petition gets enough signatures ABKCO Records will be notified of its existence and hopefully will be persuaded to release the TRUE STEREO versions of the following songs:

The Last Time
Play With Fire
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Abkco claims it’s in stereo but sounds more like simulated stereo)
Get Off Of My Cloud
As Tears Go By
Mercy Mercy
Hitch Hike
That’s How Strong My Love Is
I’m Free
The Singer Not The Song
She Said Yeah
Blue Turns To Grey
Gotta Get Away
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
Good Times
Cry To Me
The Spider And The Fly
One More Try
19th Nervous Breakdown
Mother’s Little Helper (Only released in stereo on the UK Aftermath)
Sad Day
Long Long While
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
Who’s Driving Your Plane?

Sincerely,

Rob Weingartner

PS If anyone would like to put a link on their web site to the petition, please do.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)