ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: priest box set Return to archive
July 16th, 2005 06:15 PM
Navin Recently got the Judas Priest 4-cd (+ bonus dvd) career-retrospective box-set, Metalogy (2004), and it was quite a bargain considering that I never did own any of their cd's as of yet, and here were huge chunks of most of the classic album tracks (remastered), with some live & unreleased, etc. Only complaint is maybe that the first 2 albums were not that well represented, and that the band (especially the singer) insists on using the term "heavy metal" a bit too much !!

The real gem is the dvd treatement of their long-unavailable video of that Memphis 1982 concert - the entire concert from the Screaming tour. Though this one is supposed to be the bonus, actually the other 4 disks, the nice booklet, and the dog collar-studded case itself can be considered as bonus material.
July 16th, 2005 06:19 PM
mac_daddy dan might have some input on this one...
July 16th, 2005 06:24 PM
kath damn, i thought it was gonna be a "priest" box....drat......
July 17th, 2005 08:32 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Navin wrote:
Recently got the Judas Priest 4-cd (+ bonus dvd) career-retrospective box-set, Metalogy (2004), and it was quite a bargain considering that I never did own any of their cd's as of yet, and here were huge chunks of most of the classic album tracks (remastered), with some live & unreleased, etc. Only complaint is maybe that the first 2 albums were not that well represented, and that the band (especially the singer) insists on using the term "heavy metal" a bit too much !!

The real gem is the dvd treatement of their long-unavailable video of that Memphis 1982 concert - the entire concert from the Screaming tour. Though this one is supposed to be the bonus, actually the other 4 disks, the nice booklet, and the dog collar-studded case itself can be considered as bonus material.

WOW Navin.....I've seen it in a store yesterday.....beatiful.

But first I would like to have the classic albums. I love them, along with Cream, Deep Purple, ALICE COOPER, Black Sabbath, Hendrix Experience, among Jay's top ten.

And hey..... there's nothing wrong with Heavy Metal, right?
July 17th, 2005 03:38 PM
Navin
Thanks JJF, yes, next to The Stones and their extended family, I only dig Alice Cooper above all, and very few others. The new release "Dirty Diamonds" is great. Remember the Life & Crimes box, which devotes almost 2 cds to the classic AC Band era (1965-1975)...there is even their version of "Hitch Hike" recorded that very year in '65 along with that other "famous group" !!

Nothing wrong with 'heavy metal' - or punk, glam, grunge -but all those terms stink.....just call it rock n roll !!

Yes, I do have most of the 'old' unremastered Priest albums but not on cd, the new remasters also include bonus tracks, but they are a bit unevenly executed, mixing live and unreleased cuts from different periods...only the classic live "Unleashed in the East" comes with 4 bonus live tracks, all from the same Japanese tour!!

Main complaints about the box:
- Missing any version of the classic "The Ripper" from Sad Wings. Also, not included are "Rocka Rolla" or "Cheater" from their debut.

- Many of the live versions are great, but the studio versions should have been left untouched...like "Electric Eye" "Hot Rockin" "Grinder" just to name a few.

Maybe the best box sets are Chuck Berry/Chess and Clash on Broadway...but I am only interested in getting that one by The Faces.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)