ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan streaming live on Amazon today Return to archive
July 16th, 2005 12:45 PM
Monster http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/14103211/ref%3Dann%5Fgw%5Fcon/104-1524155-8685502

Amazon.com is pleased to invite you to help us celebrate our 10th anniversary with a concert featuring Bob Dylan and Norah Jones, as well as all-time customer-favorite authors and filmmakers. Starting at 5 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 16--the 10th anniversary of the day that Amazon.com first opened its virtual doors for business--the concert will be streamed live on the Amazon.com homepage.
July 16th, 2005 01:17 PM
Martha Can anyone tape this? I can't even watch it on my old clunky computer (dial-up), HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

peace out,
Martha
July 16th, 2005 01:19 PM
Monster Jb and I will tape it on our hi tech computer.
We love Dylan.
July 16th, 2005 09:25 PM
Martha Is anyone watching it? I can't get it to open.
July 16th, 2005 09:33 PM
Martha Did Bob perform yet?
July 17th, 2005 09:47 AM
Gazza almost forgot about it, but managed to catch the last 2 songs - Ballad of a Thin Man and I Shall be Released

It looked and sounded great. What a bizarre experience to watch a Bob Dylan show as it happened at 3.30 am from 6,000 miles away.

He brought Norah Jones on to duet on "I shall be released" and the old goat was flirting almost as much as Keith did with her at that Gram Parsons tribute. It was a cracking version too.
July 17th, 2005 10:02 AM
T&A A fantastic performance by Bob....

Setlist

1. Maggies Farm
2. Tell Me That It Isnt True
3. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
4. Lay Lady Lay
5. Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine
6. Blind Willie McTell
7. Watching The River Flow
8. Ballad Of A Thinman
9. I Shall Be Released with Norah Jones

July 17th, 2005 10:41 AM
Martha Did anyone copy this somehow so I can see it in my lifetime? Please someone tell me yes. I missed it all.

Yeah, Bob's a flirt alright....I can close my eyes and see what he was doing with Norah on stage and I wasn't even there. LOL

When did this take place exactly OH time?
July 17th, 2005 10:51 AM
T&A By the time Bob hit the stage it was 7pm PDT. I really didn't see much "flirting" from Bob, actually. Norah sang her part very much in Joanie fashion, for those of you familiar with the RTR versions....
July 17th, 2005 03:12 PM
z You can watch it today on Amazon. today only.
July 17th, 2005 03:34 PM
Gazza thanks, Zak

if you go to www.amazon.com, folks you can get the feed of the entire broadcast on windows media or real player

If you want to skip the Bill Maher and Norah Jones sequences, you can fast forward to about 1 hr 49 mins into the programme and you'll see Bob's performance
[Edited by Gazza]
July 17th, 2005 04:59 PM
glencar Thanks for the info. maggie's farm is the first tune. Martha, if you want I can try to save this to my PC & put it on DVD.
July 17th, 2005 05:04 PM
Gazza something I havent figured how to do yet, myself

if you can manage to do that, please let me know. i'd love a copy.
July 17th, 2005 05:06 PM
glencar LOL I was going to ask you for help. I'm playing it now & if anyone can advise, I'd appreciate it. And Gazza, I'll keep you in mind for a copy.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)