ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: POP WATTS HORSE GIRL LOSESCASE Return to archive
July 15th, 2005 05:15 PM
sun I found this from mirror.co.uk. It is old news of a few day, but I didn't found similar thread from here. Here it is:

12 July 2005

POP WATTS HORSE GIRL LOSESCASE

A FEMALE groom on Rolling Stone Charlie Watts' stud farm who said she was bullied out of her job lost her unfair dismissal case yesterday.

Ruth Rollo claimed Gerrard Kurtz - co-owner Shirley Watts' right-hand man - told her she was "incompetent and not confident around horses".

The ex-Army girl, in her late 20s, said: "I was victimised for six months. I hoped Mrs Watts would see what was going on but I couldn't trust her."

But the Exeter tribunal ruled she did not give the star's wife "enough opportunity to sort out her grievance" before she quit.

Lawyers for Mrs Watts had told the employment tribunal she was a "perfectionist" who liked things done properly at the stud in Dolton, Devon.

Neither Charlie, 64, nor Shirley would comment after the hearing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=15725400%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
July 15th, 2005 05:20 PM
glencar In the USA, that case would still be going on. Glad to see it settled so quickly!
July 15th, 2005 05:37 PM
gypsy What's the latest word on those two dead stable boys?
July 15th, 2005 06:35 PM
sun more...

ROLLING STONE'S GROOM LOSES DISMISSAL CLAIM

12 July 2005

A former groom at a stud farm owned by the wife of Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, has lost a claim for constructive dismissal. Ruth Rollo, 37, made the claim at an employment tribunal in Exeter against Halsdon Arabians, which denied there had been any dismissal.

Ms Rollo, of Leiston, Suffolk, said she worked as a senior groom and was in sole charge of Mrs Shirley Watts' private yard in Winkleigh. She claimed that in August 2004 the stud manager's attitude changed when she could not travel abroad to a show at short notice.

She said he became "unpleasant", told her she was "incompetent" and demoted her to a labourer, which she called "the bottom rung of the ladder".

A grievance procedure held in January by Mrs Watts found Ms Rollo had not been bullied. Mrs Watts said she regarded the allegations as serious, but said Ms Rollo did not specify what the manager was doing that amounted to bullying.

The tribunal's chairman, John Hollow, said he was satisfied the reason for the resignation was, according to Ms Rollo, that Mrs Watts did not take her grievance seriously. But that was not raised in writing, so the claim failed on that technical basis.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144694&command=displayContent&sourceNode=144660&contentPK=12819058
July 15th, 2005 06:47 PM
kath exactly what i thought, gypsy!!
July 15th, 2005 07:46 PM
gypsy Sounds to me like a lot of shenanigans going on at the Watts' horse stables.
kath, shall we go investigate?
July 15th, 2005 08:07 PM
glencar While you're over there, take a gander at the new BJ statue.
July 15th, 2005 09:54 PM
kath NNO!! thanks. seen it plenty. really. no..er...i'm ...uh...allergic to play doh...yeah, that's it. allergic to play doh.

but the investigation into the stable people sounds intriguing. i am surprised the juf has not already jumped on it.....
July 15th, 2005 10:11 PM
Steel Wheels Horses are savage beasts that should be put down quickly with bullets. They are not friendly or kind. Just horrible monsters waiting for their next victim.
July 16th, 2005 12:34 AM
kath wwwwhhhhaaaaaa'????????

ok, i will ignore the post...(but i don't wanna.....)
July 16th, 2005 08:21 AM
JaggerLips All sounds like a Miss Marple whodunnit caper if you ask me only it's real life.

Heard nothing else about the two dead stablehands.

I smell a rat!
July 16th, 2005 12:20 PM
texile with keith in his cozy, connecticut conclave...
and mick with his nobility, cricket and such - charlie seems to be the only one we can count on for some domestic scandal.
July 16th, 2005 12:23 PM
kath isn't that ironic????
July 16th, 2005 12:33 PM
texile yes it is - which makes it even more scandalous...lol.
July 16th, 2005 02:29 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
texile wrote:
with keith in his cozy, connecticut conclave...
and mick with his nobility, cricket and such - charlie seems to be the only one we can count on for some domestic scandal.

The irony being that Charlie is the least likely to be scandalous as he is such an English Gent!
He should be Lord Watts of Richmond!
July 17th, 2005 02:13 PM
Steel Wheels I don't like the idea of Charlie being near the horses. They are dangerous and like I said above, they all need to be exterminated.
July 17th, 2005 09:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What's the latest word on those two dead stable boys?

they're still dead apparently, and their condition is expected to remain 'stable' for some time yet..
July 17th, 2005 10:05 PM
kath nyuk nyuk nyuk.....
July 18th, 2005 01:24 AM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they're still dead apparently, and their condition is expected to remain 'stable' for some time yet..

See. Ya just can't find this kind of humor on the other boards.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)