ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: some interesting info about c'ville Return to archive
July 15th, 2005 01:34 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Rumor: Stones and DMB matchup
Posted by Joe Maliszeski 7/15/05 9:30am
Rumors have been flying around The Dave Matthews Band and The Rolling Stones teaming up again on October 6th at Scott Stadium, reports The Hook, a Charlottesville weekly newspaper that is very on-top of DMB news. The article also goes on to explain how Trey Anastasio also plays into the mix. We recommend you read the article (by Lindsay Barnes), but here are a few points. Scott Stadium isn't a typical venue that the Stones would play. The rest of the tour lineup is major cities with multiple nights. Seeing as they are playing at the MCI Center in Washington D.C. three nights before the Scott Stadium date why travel a short 110 miles south to Charlottesville? It was originally thought that DMB would be opening for the Stones, but Trey Anastasio has since been announced as the opener. That hasn't stopped the rumors though. Trey and DMB definitely have a growing history as Wednesdays Altlanta show indicates. Currently Trey, the only one stop opener for the Stones, doesn't have any shows immediately before or after the date, and John Mayer Trio will open the shows immediately before and after the Charlottesville stop. Hmmm. While it seems to make sense it's all still an rumor, though an interesting one at that.
July 15th, 2005 02:08 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of that local Charlottesville writer.
A little research would have shown that Anastasio in not "the only one stop opener for the Stones."

Of the openers announced thus far, Black Eyed Peas, The Tragically Hip, Pearl Jam and Wilco are all scheduled to open only one show.
July 15th, 2005 02:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of that local Charlottesville writer.
A little research would have shown that Anastasio in not "the only one stop opener for the Stones."

Of the openers announced thus far, Black Eyed Peas, The Tragically Hip, Pearl Jam and Wilco are all scheduled to open only one show.

where is wilco opening..?

and i thought that the black eyed peas are opening both fenway shows (unfortunately)...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 15th, 2005 02:14 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
where is wilco opening..?
and i thought that the black eyed peas are opening both fenway shows (unfortunately)...
[Edited by mac_daddy]

Wilco is opening in Atlanta.

And you're right about the Peas. Two shows, one city.

July 15th, 2005 02:25 PM
gimmekeef Thought we were getting Joss Stone in Atlanat...is Wilco any good?
July 15th, 2005 02:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thought we were getting Joss Stone in Atlanat

www.wilcoworld.net
July 15th, 2005 02:29 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thought we were getting Joss Stone in Atlanat...is Wilco any good?

wilco is great. and la guitar legend nels cline is part of it now, too...

(a photo i took of him last weekend)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 15th, 2005 02:33 PM
Saint Sway I wanna go to the Wilco/Stones show!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 15th, 2005 02:41 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wanna go to the Wilco/Stones show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do, too...

i also would like to see the pearl jam / stones show...

hopefully we will get someone good to open up the festivities in anaheim...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)