ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks off vs Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 15th, 2005 09:11 AM
Scottfree What's your pref? Who puts out better more reliable info? Personally, I've never even registered to Shidobee, nothing against those guys it's a great board, but I much prefer the recluse cast of characters over here.
July 15th, 2005 09:37 AM
gimmekeef There both great...its the Stones aint it?
July 15th, 2005 09:41 AM
Jair Shidobee...what is that?

Seriously, I don't even know where it is, and have no wish to know.

Rocks Off is great to me & I love people here.

July 15th, 2005 09:46 AM
Jumping Jack It isn't either, or. All the boards have different personalities, perspectives, politics, average maturity of posters and degree of moderation. Choose the one that fits you best.

I will leave it to others to characterize the popular boards.
July 15th, 2005 10:04 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
What's your pref? Who puts out better more reliable info? Personally, I've never even registered to Shidobee, nothing against those guys it's a great board, but I much prefer the recluse cast of characters over here.

To each their own. I don't ever think it's a "versus thing." We all quote each other's sources and are very nice to each other, Doug posts here and I've seen the UT over at Doug's occasionally. We're all Stones fans at the end of the day. If someone scoops info here, it's over at Doug's in an hour anyway. If someone scoops info over there, we get it in the same amount of time. So it's really personal preference, I think both boards have a lot going for them.
July 15th, 2005 10:06 AM
jb 2 great boards that serve the Stones community.....
July 15th, 2005 10:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

To each their own. I don't ever think it's a "versus thing." We all quote each other's sources and are very nice to each other, Doug posts here and I've seen the UT over at Doug's occasionally. We're all Stones fans at the end of the day. If someone scoops info here, it's over at Doug's in an hour anyway. If someone scoops info over there, we get it in the same amount of time.

You got it. I'm pleased to count Doug (and Bjornulf at IORR) as personal friends, too. We're all in the same boat, although maybe we have different and individual ways of running things.
July 15th, 2005 10:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You got it. I'm pleased to count Doug (and Bjornulf at IORR) as personal friends, too. We're all in the same boat, although maybe we have different and individual ways of running things.

i enjoy both boards...it is true they have different personalities.

Rocks Off has high entertainment value, and great personal stories, as well as news

Shidoobee has more comradery amongst its members I think, and we must behave in Dougs house.

I am proud to post on both boards as I do not post on anyother stones boards..RO and Shidoobee cover it all. Big Pug thumbs up to: Gazza, Voodoo, Jaxx, Doug,and oldkr (the biggest keef resource on the web).
July 15th, 2005 10:30 AM
Starbuck yes, but who would win in a game of kickball?
July 15th, 2005 10:31 AM
gustavobala shidoobee is great
rocksoff is great
iorr is great!

no problem! i love all....
July 15th, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
yes, but who would win in a game of kickball?

me
July 15th, 2005 10:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

me

depends which side jb and I would play for. As big/tall men, one of the minuses is our lack of speed on the basepaths. We would like to think that our superior intelligence would allow us to outthink the competition, but sadly, kickball is more of a game of skill.
July 15th, 2005 10:45 AM
Madafaka
quote:
jb wrote:
2 great boards that serve the Stones community.....

I agree.
I prefer RO because I know and appreciate most people here.
July 15th, 2005 10:50 AM
T&A IORR is great if you're not in the mood for JB. Otherwise, it's a "pick 'em."
July 15th, 2005 10:52 AM
Lazy Bones Apples to apples...

Personally, I not a fan of the layout of the Shidoobee board. I think the daily Rocks Off 'picture' gives RO nice personality. Every day when I log on, the thrill of seeing new eye candy has a nice advantage before even reading through the goodies. Cosmetic edge, imo, goes to RO.

I can say, that they (Shidoobees) have nice pre and post-show gatherings. I was lucky enough to be involved at the Detroit show in 2002. Great time!
July 15th, 2005 10:56 AM
Water Dragon How can you not like a board where the header is changed every day, and where the opening window graphic is a take-off on the classic Mothers of Invention take-off?

Thanks to Voodoo, and all of the moderators on this board for keeping it as close to the bone as possible!

Happy posting!
July 15th, 2005 01:09 PM
glencar I prefer RO to Shidobe for the layout. Shidobe has some posters who I really don't trust but I now ignore whatever they say.
July 15th, 2005 01:15 PM
Joey

Stones is Stones ............................

..................bigger than ALL of us !

July 15th, 2005 01:16 PM
telecaster Personally I don't post at either board

Am I missing anything?

Howe are they?

July 15th, 2005 01:17 PM
glencar You would shrivel up at Shidobe. They all get horrified whenever Joshy posts. It's pretty PC there among some of the posters & there's definitely no criticism of teh Stones allowed. I should add that this is only a few posters & not the board managers.
July 15th, 2005 01:19 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You would shrivel up at Shidobe. They all get horrified whenever Joshy posts. It's pretty PC there among some of the posters & there's definitely no criticism of teh Stones allowed. I should add that this is only a few posters & not the board managers.

Sometimes when I smoke some really strong dope my testicles shrivel up .

July 15th, 2005 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
IORR is great if you're not in the mood for JB. Otherwise, it's a "pick 'em."

You shall not be greeted or acknowledged in any fashion....
July 15th, 2005 01:40 PM
kath well, we can say "greeted" here without being shut down.....

but the are both good boards.
July 15th, 2005 01:44 PM
T&A
quote:
jb wrote:

Promise?
July 15th, 2005 01:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
well, we can say "greeted" here without being shut down.....

but the are both good boards.

that still doesnt mean you will be granted admission in to the room while i shake hands and work said room.
July 15th, 2005 01:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

can i suggest an "accross the room sarcastic nod?"
July 15th, 2005 01:47 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200410/r33040_81974.jpg

July 15th, 2005 01:49 PM
kath
quote:
that still doesnt mean you will be granted admission in to the room while i shake hands and work said room.

yes yes, i understand that.......
July 15th, 2005 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:

yes yes, i understand that.......

I shall greet Kath 51.....she, like I, enjoys fish.
July 15th, 2005 01:51 PM
72Tele I enjoy both but prefer Rocks Off because of the daily picture and the mood is a little less serious here. I like almost everything in life with a little less polish and a bit rough around the edges. That's why I liked the Stones to begin with. To use a music analogy. Rocks Off is the Rolling Stones and Shidobee are The Beatles.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)