ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Voodoopug!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 14th, 2005 02:46 PM
Jair Hey brother,

I think you said a month ago or soyou was about to send me a CD from your band. What happened? You gave up, due to my comments about the cool countries? Well, I hope not.

I have some stuff to send you (records from local R&R bands, you will be surprise, they're really very good!), if you send me your addy as well.

Best regards!

Jair

July 14th, 2005 02:51 PM
Joey

July 14th, 2005 02:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hey brother,

I think you said a month ago or soyou was about to send me a CD from your band. What happened? You gave up, due to my comments about the cool countries? Well, I hope not.

I have some stuff to send you (records from local R&R bands, you will be surprise, they're really very good!), if you send me your addy as well.

Best regards!

Jair

Hi Jair,

Sorry, i did forget, but i found your info in a file folder I have here. I am moving twice, and my wife is pregnant again, so it has been very fast paced around here. PM me your addy again and I will respond with mine.

Many apologies my friend.

July 14th, 2005 03:00 PM
Jair No need apologies, pal.
I just thought wrong about the subject.

July 14th, 2005 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
No need apologies, pal.
I just thought wrong about the subject.

check your pm!
July 14th, 2005 04:13 PM
Joey
" Brad Parsons of the Arena Network has been working to book the Rolling Stones into Omaha's Qwest Center for the last two years, or about twice as long as the Wells Fargo Arena has had its management team in place.

"I'm pretty sure that Omaha is going to get a Stones date," Parsons said.

That would make a Stones stop in Des Moines less likely. Not for lack of demand for the classic rock dinosaurs, but because the band has precious few slots in its tour schedule for mid-size cities.

Omaha, with its larger population, should continue to provide stiff competition for Wells Fargo, managed by national firm Global Spectrum, and seems to have the edge so far. The Qwest Center has a Paul McCartney date Oct. 30, just after Des Moines; was the first to snag U2 , for Dec. 15; and now could possibly book the Stones.

Andy Long, Wells Fargo's general manager, continues to float U2 as a possible booking for 2006.

"There's just not enough shows to go around," Parsons said. "The odds of a lot of bands being able to play both Qwest Center and Wells Fargo Arena probably are not great."

But Larry Hovick, general manager for Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo., another Global Spectrum facility, says that new arena neighbors make for a stronger overall market.

"We have a nice little triangle going here now," he said of Des Moines, Omaha and Kansas City. "

http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2001/Jun-01-Fri-2001/photos/ed.jpg
July 14th, 2005 04:24 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

check your pm!

Thanks, Voodoo!
July 14th, 2005 04:30 PM
glencar Don't tell me: the USA is not on your cool list. Somehow, that's actually gratifying.
July 14th, 2005 04:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't tell me: the USA is not on your cool list. Somehow, that's actually gratifying.

Cant be true...that means joey is not cool?
July 14th, 2005 04:53 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't tell me: the USA is not on your cool list. Somehow, that's actually gratifying.

Come on Glencar, this "Agent Provocateur" thing is getting boring...Gimme a break, ok?

Don't you have nothing usefull to do?

Are you tired of living?

Is your wife a whore?

Not even your dog respect you?

Your boss loves bother you all day?

Your hemmrroids are hurting you again???

Leave New York, man.

July 14th, 2005 05:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:

Come on Glencar, this "Agent Provocateur" thing is getting boring...Gimme a break, ok?

Are you tired of living?

Is your wife a whore?

Leave New York, man.

glencar is a Rocks Off friend of mine (see his spot on my drink list!) Please dont use a thread with my name on it to attack him!
July 15th, 2005 09:04 AM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

glencar is a Rocks Off friend of mine (see his spot on my drink list!) Please dont use a thread with my name on it to attack him!

Really, unhappy comments of mine. Sincere apologies, to you
and Glencar as well.
July 15th, 2005 10:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:

Really, unhappy comments of mine. Sincere apologies, to you
and Glencar as well.

i will try and get your package to the PO today
July 15th, 2005 10:46 AM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i will try and get your package to the PO today

Thanks, man. Take your time about it. No need hurry.
I will send your CDs only next week.
July 15th, 2005 11:57 AM
Joey
You are all much loved by The Joey .
July 15th, 2005 12:16 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jair wrote:

Are you tired of living?

Is your wife a whore?

Leave New York, man.

My advice, Jair: Don't stoop to their level! Making insulting (and usually incorrect) assumptions about one's personal life is one of the favored ploys of blue's crowd, and it says more about them than their intended target.

I made the mistake of reading that post where Tele called me a friend of Al Qaeda while I was hot and tired from mowing my lawn and reacted rashly - so of course, like a pack of animals smelling blood, his gang of idiots have continued it. Except I'm not mowing my lawn now, so I could give a fuck what they say.

A better way to retaliate might be to refer to them as "son". They seem to think that bothers their enemies when they do it. (It IS kinda creepy, but whatever.) Like, next time blue makes some ridiculous xenophobic statement about France, just say "You are mistaken, son. Please calm down," and assure him that Karl Rove will almost certainly not have to do any time in a REAL prison. It'll probably be one of those country club deals.

See, this Karl Rove thing is making them all grumpy. They know the fact that the GOP is calling the Rove situation "distracting" is shorthand for "You're on your own , fatboy!"
July 15th, 2005 12:34 PM
Joey " This time the radio industry is abuzz with reports that the bawdy talk show host will leave AM-FM radio by Labor Day, a full four months before his contract at Infinity Broadcasting is due to expire.

The ventured reason: September is a crucial ratings period for radio advertising and Infinity won't be able to sell ads down the road if those ratings are based on a personality who is no longer on the company's airwaves.

But that's not all of the Stern buzz these days.

To replace Stern, Infinity has reportedly signed rocker David Lee Roth to replace Stern, who announced last year a five-year, $500 million deal to move his show to subscription-based Sirius Satellite Radio in January. Roth,the solo artist formerly the lead singer of Van Halen, would substitute for Stern at Infinity stations in New York and Los Angeles.

That Roth would fill Stern's shoes in two Infinity markets supports another speculation: that Infinity, a unit of media giant Viacom (Research), is not looking for one magic bullet to replace Stern but is instead planning to tap multiple personalities for different regions around the country.

Michael Harrison, the publisher of radio industry magazine Talkers, confirmed the whispering but noted that Stern is a master at feeding the rumor mill. Speculation that he would jump to satellite radio had long circulated before he cut his deal with Sirius (Research) last year."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/14/news/newsmakers/stern_exit/index.htm
July 15th, 2005 12:40 PM
jb Embarrassing....
July 15th, 2005 12:41 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Embarrassing....

Roth ?!?!

Bob Novak ?!?!

Who .......... ?!?!
July 15th, 2005 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Roth ?!?!

Bob Novak ?!?!

Who .......... ?!?!

Novak should be sent to Fallujah and he "jew" blood disclosed!!!!
July 15th, 2005 12:57 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Novak should be sent to Fallujah and he "jew" blood disclosed!!!!

Bob Novak is now a Catholic ( whatever that means )

" WASHINGTON - Chief presidential adviser Karl Rove testified to a grand jury that he talked with two journalists before they divulged the identity of an undercover CIA officer but that he originally learned about the operative from the news media and not government sources, according to a person briefed on the testimony. The person, who works in the legal profession and spoke only on condition of anonymity because of grand jury secrecy, told The Associated Press that Rove testified last year that he remembers specifically being told by columnist Robert Novak that Valerie Plame, the wife of a harsh Iraq war critic, worked for the CIA. "

Flacky ! ™
July 15th, 2005 01:41 PM
Jair
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

My advice, Jair: Don't stoop to their level! Making insulting (and usually incorrect) assumptions about one's personal life is one of the favored ploys of blue's crowd, and it says more about them than their intended target.

I made the mistake of reading that post where Tele called me a friend of Al Qaeda while I was hot and tired from mowing my lawn and reacted rashly - so of course, like a pack of animals smelling blood, his gang of idiots have continued it. Except I'm not mowing my lawn now, so I could give a fuck what they say.

A better way to retaliate might be to refer to them as "son". They seem to think that bothers their enemies when they do it. (It IS kinda creepy, but whatever.) Like, next time blue makes some ridiculous xenophobic statement about France, just say "You are mistaken, son. Please calm down," and assure him that Karl Rove will almost certainly not have to do any time in a REAL prison. It'll probably be one of those country club deals.

See, this Karl Rove thing is making them all grumpy. They know the fact that the GOP is calling the Rove situation "distracting" is shorthand for "You're on your own , fatboy!"

Thanks, FPM C10, but you know, Glencar is a guy full of problems...Actually I feel sorry about him.

July 15th, 2005 01:45 PM
kath glencar is a buddy of mine. and asking if his wife is a whore is waaayyy outta line!!!

not cool.
July 15th, 2005 01:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jair wrote:

Thanks, FPM C10, but you know, Glencar is a guy full of problems...Actually I feel sorry about him.

I know. It's sad. But there's nothing we can do.

July 18th, 2005 09:34 AM
Jair
quote:
kath wrote:
glencar is a buddy of mine. and asking if his wife is a whore is waaayyy outta line!!!

not cool.

Sorry there, Kath.
My bad.
I like you very much.
July 18th, 2005 10:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:

Sorry there, Kath.
My bad.
I like you very much.

I agree, that last comment has me disgusted....insulting someone on the boards husband or wife is way out of line.
July 18th, 2005 10:27 AM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I agree, that last comment has me disgusted....insulting someone on the boards husband or wife is way out of line.

Sorry there, Voodoopug too.
My bad.
I also like you very much.
July 18th, 2005 11:34 AM
voodoopug thanks for owning up...your disc should be there this week or early next week.
July 18th, 2005 11:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Like, next time blue makes some ridiculous xenophobic statement about France, just say "You are mistaken, son. Please calm down," and assure him that Karl Rove will almost certainly not have to do any time in a REAL prison. It'll probably be one of those country club deals.

Dear FPM

I ll be glad, one day, to welcome you in south of France
cheers

Ju
July 18th, 2005 12:06 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Dear FPM

I ll be glad, one day, to welcome you in south of France
cheers

Ju

Thank you, mon ami!

I will take you up on that someday!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)