ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan ... athritis???? Return to archive
July 13th, 2005 11:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I read a reference that he might have it in his hands. Is this true? First I heard about it.
July 13th, 2005 11:59 AM
GimmeExile That's one of the theories why he quit playing guitar...
July 13th, 2005 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I read a reference that he might have it in his hands. Is this true? First I heard about it.

Maybe of the voice.
July 13th, 2005 12:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe of the voice.

Well, to me that's neither here or there, noone that I know of ever said Dylan was a "great singer"...like Elvis or Sinatra.
Wayne Newton can sing and has a nice voice but who cares?
July 13th, 2005 12:21 PM
jb
quote:

Well, to me that's neither here or there, noone that I know of ever said Dylan was a "great singer"...like Elvis or Sinatra.

He does a fantastic version of 'Dixie"
July 13th, 2005 01:21 PM
jb
quote:

Dylan still thinks he can pick up women too!!!
July 13th, 2005 05:03 PM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:

In that case he is an combination of Jagger and Richard (athritis)
July 14th, 2005 12:26 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

In that case he is an combination of Jagger and Richard (athritis)

Perfect remark
July 14th, 2005 12:40 AM
Starbuck
quote:
joshie wrote:

i don't know josh, he makes more money that you do. and something tells me that most of the women in the stadium last night would not have resisted his advances.

seriously, that is something to put on your resume.

gypsy? LJ? sherat? parmy? FG? serious question: would you fuck dylan?
July 14th, 2005 01:04 PM
PeerQueer Dylan is so enigmatic, which continues to make him attractive to so many people. No different than Picasso, who bedded babes well into senility.

The fact people are asking questions as to why Dylan now plays piano instead of guitar is exactly what he wants.

He remains one of the most mysterious and clever Jewish imps in the biz.

By the way, his Volume 1 was a great read - can't wait for Volume 2.

As to the tired shots at his voice, his voice has been, and remains, one of his greatest gifts. I love it. The vocal range is limited, but the emotive range is boundless and that's why, along with the amazing lyrical quality, Dylan will be listened to long after he, and we, are history.

Slag on Bob Dylan?

Shame on you!
July 14th, 2005 03:09 PM
Bruno Stone Ballad Of A thin Man is a pearl. His version to Lay Lady Lay is beautiful.

And, with a little help from my friend Gazza, I discovered License To Kill, another beauty.

People, The Stones and Dylan singing LARS in the 12 April 1998 Rio show was amazing... Mick having a go with him because he wasn't following the pace, they laughing at each other, made the audience go crazy.
July 15th, 2005 02:56 PM
Martha
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Dylan is so enigmatic, which continues to make him attractive to so many people. No different than Picasso, who bedded babes well into senility.

The fact people are asking questions as to why Dylan now plays piano instead of guitar is exactly what he wants.

He remains one of the most mysterious and clever Jewish imps in the biz.

By the way, his Volume 1 was a great read - can't wait for Volume 2.

As to the tired shots at his voice, his voice has been, and remains, one of his greatest gifts. I love it. The vocal range is limited, but the emotive range is boundless and that's why, along with the amazing lyrical quality, Dylan will be listened to long after he, and we, are history.

Slag on Bob Dylan?

Shame on you!

You my new RO friend, take after my own heart. I couldn't have said that any better myself. He plays the piano because he LOVES playing it. He's at the helm of his "ship" each night on stage now. Seeing Bob live at this stage of his career is truly something to behold.

jb, take note. Dylan's voice is all about emoting. I love hearing him sing/talk to us. His energy, melody and lyrics combine to nurture my spirit.

Oh, I dreamed I slept with Bob.

Does that count?

:-)
July 15th, 2005 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Martha wrote:
He plays the piano because he LOVES playing it.

Oh, I dreamed I slept with Bob.

Does that count?

Well, I hope he doesn't have any arthritis, but hell, even if this rumor is true, people get old...shit happens.

I dreampt that I slept with Mother Teresa one night, woke up in a really intense cold sweat....but I was blessed...I knew I was blessed.

July 15th, 2005 03:25 PM
Martha
quote:

Well, I hope he doesn't have any arthritis, but hell, even if this rumor is true, people get old...shit happens.

I dreampt that I slept with Mother Teresa one night, woke up in a really intense cold sweat....but I was blessed...I knew I was blessed.

July 15th, 2005 03:29 PM
Martha Another time I dreamed Bob came down off the stage and walked right straight to me in the crowd. He handed me his new (what he's working on now) CD wrapped in xmas wrapping paper even though it was summertime at a ballpark show.

I felt very blessed too.

:-)
July 15th, 2005 11:39 PM
PeerQueer
quote:

Hah - that made me laugh, and I do that too few times these days. Thank you!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)