ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto Rehearsal Update Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 12th, 2005 01:03 PM
Mr Jimmy I just returned from a walk around Greenwood College to check it out... various security and hangers on were arriving. There's a laneway behind the school that's being used for incoming. The laneway is roped off but you can get pretty close to the back door so the viewing possibilities of arrivals will be good. Having said that, I don't have my hopes up on hearing very much because it's a residential area and houses are located within 50 feet of the back doors. I'm thinking that they must have some kind of set up (basement?) which will limit the "noise" emanating from within during the wee hours of the night. I hope I'm wrong.

Despite the high percentage of cynicism & dog photos on Rock's Off, I thought some of you might be interested in this info. I'm getting really excited, and happy to say it, and seeing the rehearsal location start to buzz with activity just kicked it up a notch. It's time for some rock 'n' roll. Anyone out there interested in hearing an occasional update?
July 12th, 2005 01:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hell yes! Thanks for the news. Keep up the good work.
July 12th, 2005 01:12 PM
nankerphelge Yep!

Keep it coming!

Thanks

July 12th, 2005 01:26 PM
charlotte Thanks Mr Jimmy!!! I agree with your post...
July 12th, 2005 01:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Hell yes! Thanks for the news. Keep up the good work.

I am looking forward to many updates!
July 12th, 2005 01:32 PM
JaggerLips I'm so desparate now for anything Stones related !!!
Nellcote Despite the dogs, opinions which are present,
I'd like to think the bond here is the Stones.
Boredom has a way with everyone.
Bring on the updates, which will be Wicked Pissa!
Thanks for the effort!
Come to Fenway, we shall hoist beverage to your efforts!
doo doo doo Dude I am so excited that I am typing with my nutsack.
July 12th, 2005 01:34 PM
LadyJane Oh...I am SO tempted to jump on the QEW and make the 90 minute drive from Buffalo to TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing..............

LJ.
July 12th, 2005 01:38 PM
blackandblue This place is filled with dog photos lately
July 12th, 2005 01:49 PM
Saint Sway I can honestly say... and anyone that knows me can back this up. But if I was in Toronto right now, I'd be crawling into that school thru an air vent.

no doubt about it
July 12th, 2005 01:51 PM
Nellcote Is it THIS Greenwood School.....

Greenwood College School is a co-educational day school located on the south-east corner of Davisville Road and Mount Pleasant Road in Toronto. Established in 2002, the school will offer a comprehensive academic program to approximately 250 students in Grades 7 through 11 for the 2004-2005 academic year. The school is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that includes 19 classrooms, a full size gymnasium, indoor climbing wall, art room, digital music room and drama facility. The school's philosophy embraces life balance for our all of our students, incorporating service to the community and an appreciation of the outdoors.

Keith on a rock climbing wall, what a visual!
July 12th, 2005 02:05 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Is it THIS Greenwood School.....

Keith on a rock climbing wall, what a visual!

Yep... it's THAT Greenwood. Scary/funny thoughts of Keith using the wall to practice for his Pirates Of The Caribbean role (scaling a fortress wall or two with drink in hand) and Mick blind with jealousy.
July 12th, 2005 02:07 PM
Nellcote Thanks again Jimmy~Upward & Onward!
July 12th, 2005 02:26 PM
pdog Thx, please keep us posted. We'll keep the stooopid dog picks away from real Stones threads. They're humiliating and the reason why this tour is selling so poorly in some markets.
July 12th, 2005 03:20 PM
Scottfree I wanted a full report every hour on the hour....Well you guys are using the metric system up there so you do the time conversion....

http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/units/weight.htm
July 12th, 2005 03:27 PM
moy whoo hoo it's coming
July 12th, 2005 04:29 PM
Gimme Shelter Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 12th, 2005 04:43 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
This place is filled with dog photos lately

It's a Pug fansite as well as a Rolling Stones fansite. If you love them both your laughing!
July 12th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti Thanks Jimmy.
July 12th, 2005 07:41 PM
Poplar
daily updates - or hourly as necessary.

July 12th, 2005 07:44 PM
Steel Wheels This is the most informative post in some time. Keep up the efforts!
July 12th, 2005 08:21 PM
corgi37 It should also be a Brooke Burke site.
July 12th, 2005 08:25 PM
maumau thank you
July 13th, 2005 03:19 AM
glencar Shit. Half-assed Green Day is playing on my teevee whilst the Stones are limbering up up there in T-town. To quote the stupid Carter: Sometimes Life Is Unfair.
July 13th, 2005 04:23 AM
FotiniD Thanks Mr. Jimmy! Keep the info coming! Glad to see things are stirring up.
July 13th, 2005 04:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thanks Mr. Jimmy! Keep the info coming! Glad to see things are stirring up.

it's coming!!
good!!
hope they will play "Slave"
July 13th, 2005 05:29 AM
Poplar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Shit. Half-assed Green Day is playing on my teevee whilst the Stones are limbering up up there in T-town. To quote the stupid Carter: Sometimes Life Is Unfair.

damn. glencar busts out a little scotus for us.

more importantly; Slave has been on the rehearsal board since before I was in junior high school. play that son of a bith already.

[Edited by Poplar]
July 13th, 2005 07:37 AM
Lazy Bones Thanks Mr. Jimmy.

I had heard that Greenwood has an excellent music program with, of course, all the bells and whistles to go with it - ie. well-equipped studios. Hence, the interest the Stones had/have in this location.

July 13th, 2005 07:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

more importantly; Slave has been on the rehearsal board since before I was in junior high school. play that son of a bith already.

yes I remember that. hope they will perform it on tour, but without all the shitty horns etc etc...
but imho there won t have any surprises in stadium set lists...wait and see.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)