ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Theatres? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 13th, 2005 01:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:
FPM! Be careful!

The CIA has a nightscope on your training camp

You are being watched.....

Have they removed your feeding tube, Tele? Your posts are getting...weaker...

Hey, I looked up "treason" in the dictionary. Funny thing, there WASN'T a picture of me!

It was THIS guy!

July 13th, 2005 01:57 PM
Joey
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
I saw over 80 posts about a Stones theater show, but, apparently this thread has degraded to 'THEATER'.

Sad, very sad,

Roostah

" Whom the gods destroy, they first make mad."

-Euripides , 1985

http://galleryofpain.self-injury.net/about.php
July 13th, 2005 01:57 PM
telecaster "I was doing something you and your buddies never do - answering what you ACTUALLY said, not what I THOUGHT you said or what I thought you SHOULD have said or something you never said at all."

Oh thanks...that cleared it up

July 13th, 2005 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
"I was doing something you and your buddies never do - answering what you ACTUALLY said, not what I THOUGHT you said or what I thought you SHOULD have said or something you never said at all."

Oh thanks...that cleared it up

July 13th, 2005 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hey, I looked up "treason" in the dictionary. Funny thing, there WASN'T a picture of me!

It was THIS guy!

Fleabit ...................................

I also looked up "treason" in the dictionary . Funny thing, there were TWO pictures :

July 13th, 2005 02:50 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Haldeman was a piker compared to Rove. However, I predict a similar end - prison, and burial in an unmarked grave to prevent people from pissing on him.

Do you think this whole disgusting episode - the felonious and treasonous outing of Ms. Plame to punish her husband for daring to tell the truth about the lies which led to the disastrous invasion of Iraq - might be the scandal you've been predicting that will take down the Bush regime?

by the way...

Man, that sucks if the Stones aren't going to play the Beacon. I was going to "buy Tele a drink". I heard he likes to sip white wine!

Just like Our Baby Steelie!
July 13th, 2005 03:01 PM
Joey :

" Haldeman was a piker compared to Rove. "

What is a piker ?

" However, I predict a similar end - prison, and burial in an unmarked grave to prevent people from pissing on him. "

Great Posting --- please feel free to take the afternoon off ( .. well , not really as this board NEEDS your keen and politically astute intellect ) .

" Do you think this whole disgusting episode - the felonious and treasonous outing of Ms. Plame to punish her husband for daring to tell the truth about the lies which led to the disastrous invasion of Iraq - might be the scandal you've been predicting that will take down the Bush regime? "

Only if the economy goes into the dumper . Nobody gave a DAMN about Watergate until the Arab Oil Embargo of 1973 ( inflation went through the roof , the stock market collapsed , a recession took hold , and -- oh , Spiro Agnew resigned )

" Man, that sucks if the Stones aren't going to play the Beacon. "

It was cast aside for Omaha , NE's brand new QWEST CENTER ARENA ( Cohl DESPERATELY needs an immediate 17K sell out or else he is fired )

By the way , Fleabit , how do you feel about Sweaters ?

Jacky

[ Edited by Baby Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
July 13th, 2005 03:03 PM
jb "They hate us for our freedom"......
July 13th, 2005 03:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
"They hate us for our freedom"......

Who, Max and Tele?

You may HAVE something there, Counselor!

Hey, have you read this?

It's a real page-turner!
July 13th, 2005 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

It's a real page-turner!

July 13th, 2005 03:40 PM
FPM C10 Uh oh. I just looked up what Bush said about whoever turned out to be the traitor who outed Ms. Plame.

George W. Bush said when this leak became public that he "welcomed the investigation" and called the leak a "criminal action." He pledged that anyone found to be the source would be "taken care of".

You know what 'taken care of" means -

Medal of Freedom for Karl Rove!

Bank on it!

Flacky!

July 13th, 2005 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Uh oh. I just looked up what Bush said about whoever turned out to be the traitor who outed Ms. Plame.

George W. Bush said when this leak became public that he "welcomed the investigation" and called the leak a "criminal action." He pledged that anyone found to be the source would be "taken care of".

You know what 'taken care of" means -

Medal of Freedom for Karl Rove!

Bank on it!

Flacky!

" KING: We're back with Bob Woodward, author of "The Secret Man: The Story of Watergate's Deep Throat." President Bush said a while back that if there was a leaker in the Judith Miller matter, he will be fired. What if it was Karl Rove?

WOODWARD: You know, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on that at this point. I think that Rove obviously was talking about this. I have not seen any evidence that he really disclosed the identity of this CIA undercover operative who was married to Joe Wilson, who was the ambassador, former ambassador that they sent on this mission to look for some evidence that maybe Saddam was getting uranium from an African country. So you know, we'll have to let this play itself out.

What's interesting in this "Newsweek," Michael Isikoff had the e- mail that Matt Cooper of "Time" magazine had sent his bureau chief, I guess, in Washington -- this is before the story is published by Bob Novak -- and in the e-mail, Cooper says that he's talked to Rove, and that this is -- what did he -- he called it a "double super secret background source."

KING: You ever heard that before?

WOODWARD: Boy, that's a first. It sounds like Buck Rogers' decoder ring to a certain extent, double super secret background. Which meant, don't disclose. I've got a confidential source here who's giving me some guidance. That happens all the time, not just in Washington, but in journalism.

KING: But the president did say he would fire, if it was connected with this case, whoever it was.

WOODWARD: Well, if it was connected with the illegal part of it. I mean, just talking about her and Joe Wilson, not having the knowledge that -- I think not too many people had the knowledge that she was an undercover operative or had once been one. At the time, she was -- you know, she -- her identity was protected, but she was working in headquarters, as an analyst. So, there's no -- in this case, there's no harm to national security. And her life certainly was not in danger, as best I can tell. "

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/11/lkl.01.html

Flacky Carson

July 14th, 2005 10:10 AM
nankerphelge The whole Rove thing is quite silly.

First off, Plame wasn't undercover at all -- she was a known CIA employee.

Second, Rove wasn't outing anyone intentionally -- he was warning NY Times journalist Cooper that Wilson (Plame's husband) was providing Cooper with misinformation about who sent Wilson to Africa to look into Saddam's attempts to get yellowcake Uranium from Niger (as British intel had reported and as President Bush alluded to in the State of the Union address). Wilson had suggested that his trip to Africa was on the orders of George Tenent of the CIA or Dick Cheney. But that wasn't true -- it was his own wife (Plame) who arranged the mission.

So Wilson goes over there and does his fact finding, and he comes back and says "nope, no Uranium. Cheny was trying to manipulate evidence in order to go to war." But when the bi-partisan congressional committee looked into Wilson's fact-finding mission, turns out he was lying again! The evidence Wilson found suggested that Saddam WAS trying to get Uranium. So Wilson not only lied about his own findings, he then attempted to use that lie to try and smear the Administration (all while he was working for the Kerry campaign, until even they realized he was a full of shit blowhard and canned his ass).

I know the lefties would love nothing more than to pin a scarlet "T" on Rove and see him dismissed, but I don't think there is anything to this whole story, other than the fact that Wilson is a liar of the highest degree (and quite possibly delusional) and that if anything, Rove was doing his job by protecting the Administration from a highly partisan attack leading up to the election.

Don't get me wrong -- if Rove outted a covert CIA operative intentionally, he should be fired -- but this doesn't even come close.

July 14th, 2005 10:32 AM
Nellcote Witch Hunt
Dems angry they've not won anything in years
Focus towards 08 with something other than
Health Care Billary & her trophy husband, you may have a chance..

July 14th, 2005 10:44 AM
Maxlugar [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
First off, Plame wasn't undercover at all -- she was a known CIA employee.

Once proud Monkey acts so humble..
July 14th, 2005 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[Once proud Monkey acts so humble..

July 14th, 2005 12:38 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The whole Rove thing is quite silly.

Well, it took Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter long enough to come up with the proper spin to put on THIS one. Glad to see you've kept up on their take on the "facts".

However, this "quite silly" version doesn't really take into consideration why, if all of that is true, Bush went on TV to say whoever was responsible would be "taken care of" and spokesweasel Scott McClellan went so far as to say whoever was involved would be fired.

Bottom line: Rove was involved. Your other Fox News dodges are superfluous. The President said anyone involved would be fired. Period.

He wouldn't LIE to us, would he?

July 14th, 2005 12:51 PM
nankerphelge The way the story originally broke was that someone in the administration leaked the name of an undercover CIA operative. Bush's respose was that IF that were true, then the person would be dealt with. McClellan at the time said that he asked Rove if Rove was involved and Rove said no.

My understanding of what Rove did say (and I obviously wasn't there) was the apparently Wilson's wife was the CIA person who sent Wilson to Africa, and that he was providing that as background to Cooper (meaning off the record).

Yeah you can hold W to his exact word without any thought at all to the context of what was said and completely divorced from the facts if you want -- that is, if you are so hell bent on getting Rove ousted that you are no longer intellectually honest about what is clearly a partisan smear against the administration. Knock yer liberal ass out buddy!
July 14th, 2005 01:05 PM
glencar I say we nuke Tunisia back to The Stone Age!
July 14th, 2005 04:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Yeah you can hold W to his exact word without any thought at all to the context of what was said and completely divorced from the facts if you want -- that is, if you are so hell bent on getting Rove ousted that you are no longer intellectually honest about what is clearly a partisan smear against the administration. Knock yer liberal ass out buddy!

Sorry, this is just too much fun, and watching you guys scramble to protect KARL ROVE'S fat ass is hilarious. I mean, even the most brainwashed Bush whacko must be thinking twice about whether or not it's worth it. By anybody's standards, that guy is SLIMY. And nobody elected him to be anything. And Bush's old man fired him for leaking stuff to Novak TOO, didn't he? Or is that just more of the evil liberal press's lies?

Why is it OK to print the names of CIA agents in newspaper columns? WTF does that have to do with anything? Why isn't Novak taking a fall?

And as far as holding Bush and McClellan accountable for their words - what did they not know THEN that they do NOW? Were they speaking without knowing what they were talking about? Surely by the time McClellan made that statement they would have known the stuff that seems to have just suddenly materialized in the press - ALL of the press.

I'm just curious about it all, that's all. Hell, you guys still claim Clinton's a rapist and a murderer...let us have a little fun too!

I mean LOOK at this guy!!

I guess the GOP would know all about partisan smears. That's pretty much all they did in the 90s.

[Edited by FPM C10]
July 14th, 2005 04:48 PM
glencar Unhinged is here!
July 14th, 2005 04:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Unhinged is here!

Man, it's so sad that ALL of you guys have had your feeding tubes removed! Weaker and weaker!

Somebody call Jeb Bush!
July 14th, 2005 05:25 PM
glencar Is that the AQ Deck of Cards?
July 15th, 2005 11:07 AM
nankerphelge "watching you guys scramble to protect KARL ROVE'S fat ass is hilarious"

I'm not protecting Rove.
I could really care less if he keeps his job.

I actually find the whole thing kind of funny for many reasons -- most of all because of how "outraged" all the libs are at this non-story. They so want to take Rove down, they've all but called in Dan Rather to gin up this story!!

Now we find out from someone familar with his grand jury testimony that Rove found out Plame's name from the journalists!! What irony!

He'll probably still be in the White House when Jeb is Prez!!
July 15th, 2005 11:26 AM
Maxlugar [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
"watching you guys scramble to protect KARL ROVE'S fat ass is hilarious"

I'm not protecting Rove.
I could really care less if he keeps his job.

I actually find the whole thing kind of funny for many reasons -- most of all because of how "outraged" all the libs are at this non-story. They so want to take Rove down, they've all but called in Dan Rather to gin up this story!!

Now we find out from someone familar with his grand jury testimony that Rove found out Plame's name from the journalists!! What irony!

He'll probably still be in the White House when Jeb is Prez!!

"But at the same time, Wilson acknowledged his wife was no longer in an undercover job at the time Novak's column first identified her. "My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity," he said.

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/sns-ap-cia-leak-rove,0,4798469,print.story?coll=nyc-nationhome-headlines

Hmmm I wonder how that will effect the story...

Our Evil Genius stays put Nanky!

MACKY!
July 15th, 2005 12:12 PM
Maxlugar "A former CIA covert agent who supervised Mrs. Plame early in her career yesterday took issue with her identification as an "undercover agent," saying that she worked for more than five years at the agency's headquarters in Langley and that most of her neighbors and friends knew that she was a CIA employee.
"She made no bones about the fact that she was an agency employee and her husband was a diplomat," Fred Rustmann, a covert agent from 1966 to 1990, told The Washington Times."

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050715-121257-9887r.htm

Tee hee.....
July 15th, 2005 12:18 PM
Joey [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
"
"She made no bones about the fact that she was an agency employee and her husband was a diplomat," Fred Rustmann, a covert agent from 1966 to 1990, told The Washington Times."

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/media_watch

[ Edited by Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
July 15th, 2005 12:55 PM
glencar Is that an ad? Is Petey just a shill?
July 15th, 2005 01:00 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Petey just a shill?

You make Joey sad .
July 15th, 2005 01:02 PM
glencar What is that he's selling?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)