ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Theatres? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 9th, 2005 09:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle The buzz at Shidoobee is that the rumored theatre shows in NY, LA and Atlantic City have been scrapped for larger venues.

If that's true, then it'll be time to cancel my worthless fan club membership.

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
July 10th, 2005 01:16 PM
JaggerLips At least you can get a refund now on membership!
July 10th, 2005 01:44 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

If that's true, then it'll be time to cancel my worthless fan club membership.

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]

You have been warned over and over again not to take a fan club membership. Now you are carrying the baby.
July 11th, 2005 01:21 PM
JesusMe That is a joke, I almost held out my membership for the theater dates but I got other really good seats, isnt that lying? COuldnt the Rolling Stones management be brought to court for lying to the public? Cohl definetly said there will be theater dates...
July 12th, 2005 10:19 AM
purrcafe
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
That is a joke, I almost held out my membership for the theater dates but I got other really good seats, isnt that lying? COuldnt the Rolling Stones management be brought to court for lying to the public? Cohl definetly said there will be theater dates...

I think they should also be brought to court for calling shows sellouts for which tickets become available shortly thereafter. Doing this drives people to use up memberships unnecessarily in post-sales. I'd rather have taken my chances and waited to find out whether the theater shows are gonna happen or not, but instead, I blew my membership on a nosebleed Madison Square Garden ticket. I'd bet that the whole fan club arrangement is right on the edge of legality.
[Edited by purrcafe]
July 12th, 2005 10:20 AM
blackandblue see my first post!
July 12th, 2005 10:21 AM
FotiniD I wonder why they don't use the Licks format on this tour, or at least the stadium / theater combo. Of the 4 Licks dvd's I like the club gig DVD the best!
July 12th, 2005 10:28 AM
FPM C10 Yeah, who the hell is running this thing - Karl Rove???

Seriously, the whole fan club thing, combined with ticket prices, is leaving such a bad taste in my mouth.

Lifelong fans like us want theater shows and would gladly pay for them, and wish they WOULDN'T play stadiums or at least if they did they'd do it at reasonable prices. We're getting the exact opposite.

If the album is great - and the advance word that it's mostly just Mick, Keith and Charlie does give you hope that it's going to be something special - and the first shows of the tour are fantastic, then I'll be less disgruntled. But right now they're just pissing me off.
July 12th, 2005 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Yeah, who the hell is running this thing - Karl Rove???

Seriously, the whole fan club thing, combined with ticket prices, is leaving such a bad taste in my mouth.

Lifelong fans like us want theater shows and would gladly pay for them, and wish they WOULDN'T play stadiums or at least if they did they'd do it at reasonable prices. We're getting the exact opposite.

If the album is great - and the advance word that it's mostly just Mick, Keith and Charlie does give you hope that it's going to be something special - and the first shows of the tour are fantastic, then I'll be less disgruntled. But right now they're just pissing me off.

The band's decision to perform in stadiums is completely egregious and the high ticket prices reflect just how ' Out of Touch ' Michael Cohl is with the current state of the American economy ( See : Bushie41 , circa 1992 ) .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky Cakes !

[ Edited by Bill Clinton ]
[Edited by Joey]
July 12th, 2005 10:51 AM
nankerphelge I tend to agree that the whole ticket thing seems very fishy this time. Bad enough that the Stones seem hell bent on gouging everyone, but throw the whole "where's all the tickys" thing in and it does smell pretty bad.

Also, I noticed this time that each venue seems to have its own rules -- I am sure that in tours past certain venues had their own rules, but this time it seems as if the individuality of the venues is more pronounced -- some had their own pre-sales, some apparently wanted season ticket holder to get first dibs, etc.

They oughta call the new album "Clusterfuck: Screwing your fan base one stadium at a time"

July 12th, 2005 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

They oughta call the new album "Clusterfuck: Screwing your fan base one stadium at a time"

You make Joey sniggle
July 12th, 2005 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey sniggle

Sadly, it broke my heart to break this story....I fear there will only be 2-4 club dates (including the warm up gig). My sources tell me to look for a chicago club show in jan, toronto in August, and perhaps one on Europe in the Summer. I will break the next bit of this story as soon as i receive confirmation.

I cannot wait to wear my Rocks Off T Shirt!
July 12th, 2005 11:36 AM
UGot2Rollme I hope that they deliver "on stage", because so far this whole tour seems half-baked... starting with the NYC announcement - CD 85% complete, with no name; sub-par performance of a sub-par new song (Oh no..); exorbitant prices that guarantee empty seats in many stadiums; potential of no theater shows; Cohl playing "sellout" games to boost poor sales...

are the boys just going through the motions on this one?

I don't think that I'm alone here in asking for a GLIMMER of hope!!
July 12th, 2005 11:50 AM
jb Thank you for breaking the story Pug.
July 12th, 2005 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank you for breaking the story Pug.

when i told you about it last week, i knew it would not be a popular story..i hope better things are on the horizon. I shall speak with my sources again next week.
July 12th, 2005 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

when i told you about it last week, i knew it would not be a popular story..i hope better things are on the horizon. I shall speak with my sources again next week.

Thanks again Pug..your sources are impeccable.
July 12th, 2005 12:07 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks again Pug..your sources are impeccable.

hey jb - when are you gonna pay me? for all of your impeccable sources, you still cant figure out that the hollywood bowl sold out on day 1. likely one of the hottest venues of the tour...

dont chinze me out because of some fabricated technicality and/or speculation - the show is sold out. you were wrong, and you lost the bet.

oh - and i am still holding out hope that there will be an la theater show: until they offer the refund for club members (after all tix have gone on sale, and all venues have been announced), there is still a chance...

edited for spelling
[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 12th, 2005 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

hey jb - when are you gonna pay me? for all of your impeccable sources, you still cant figure out that the hollywood bowl sold out on day 1. likely one of the hottest venues of the tour...

dont chinze me out because of some fabricated technicality and/or speculation - the show is sold out. you were wrong, and you lost the bet.

oh - and i am still holding out hope that there will be an la theater show: until they offer the refund for club members (after all tix have gone on sale, and all venues have been announced), there is still a chance...

edited for spelling
[Edited by ma
c_daddy]

I never accepted your so-called bet....and there are still tickets to be released.

July 12th, 2005 12:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

hey jb - when are you gonna pay me?

The day after Telecaster carries through with his two promises - of an apology in return for the Brian statue header coming down, and of floor seats in return for two posts of mine condemning terrorism.

Get used to it, Mac - over here in the USA, nobody's word counts for anything. We're a nation of pathological liars.
July 12th, 2005 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The day after Telecaster carries through with his two promises - of an apology in return for the Brian statue header coming down, and of floor seats in return for two posts of mine condemning terrorism.

Get used to it, Mac - over here in the USA, nobody's word counts for anything. We're a nation of pathological liars.

LOL
July 12th, 2005 12:50 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:

I never accepted your so-called bet....and there are still tickets to be released.

you are absolutely wrong, on both counts, which (one can surmise) is the reason you offer no proof for this, or any other, claim that you make on this board.

even mylar balloons run out of helium (read "hot air") eventually, and fall flat to the ground, becoming refuse. we have all heard enough of your posturing, incendiary comments and hyperbole (which have no basis in fact). i offerred you a chance to put your $$$ where your mouth is, but you are showing that while you loudly talk the talk, you have neither the integriy, nor the fortitude, to walk the walk...

July 12th, 2005 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

you are absolutely wrong, on both counts, which (one can surmise) is the reason you offer no proof for this, or any other, claim that you make on this board.

even mylar balloons run out of helium (read "hot air") eventually, and fall flat to the ground, becoming refuse. we have all heard enough of your posturing, incendiary comments and hyperbole (which have no basis in fact). i offerred you a chance to put your $$$ where your mouth is, but you are showing that while you loudly talk the talk, you have neither the integriy, nor the fortitude, to walk the walk...

You think a $100 means anything to me? It's not the money, it's the fact that we never bet. Contrary to your statement, I do walk the walk, as I have sent several people money to buy tickets. Moreover, I have sent people valuable Stones memorabilia and have asked for nothing in return. I will, however, make you a "deal"....name a charity of your choice and I will be glad make a $100 dollar donation ...I resent your nasty post as I have never attacked you personally.
[Edited by jb]

P.S-If it is in England, I shall send it to Gazza so he can verify it. If it is in the States, I'll send it to either Voodoopug or Ladyjane so they can verify it.
[Edited by jb]
July 12th, 2005 01:24 PM
voodoopug I would be happy to verify it. I hate seeing my friend, who has been overly kind to others in my view, being drug through the mud. May I suggest St. Jude's Childrens Hospital?

The no theatre rumor has been present for a while. My source confirmed that it is likely true one week ago, as evident by the story being broken on Shidoobee. Rollingstones.com has always offered refunds, partially due to the expectation that there would be limited/none theatre gigs. This covers their backside.

I cannot reveal much, as i will lose my sources. I can only tell you that at this point, expect 2-4 theatre shows (including the secret show). Vic Theatre in Chicago (Jan) is likely as they will not be adding a second UC show as of yet, more will be confirmed by mid October. One to two club shows in Europe are expected to be strongly considered, perhaps to be recorded and released.

I advise on waiting to ask for a refund, until I, or another solid source reveals that the club shows have indeed been eliminated (never say never!)

I hope this $100 bet thing finally goes away with jb's generous offer!
July 12th, 2005 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I would be happy to verify it. I hate seeing my friend, who has been overly kind to others in my view, being drug through the mud. May I suggest St. Jude's Childrens Hospital?

The no theatre rumor has been present for a while. My source confirmed that it is likely true one week ago, as evident by the story being broken on Shidoobee. Rollingstones.com has always offered refunds, partially due to the expectation that there would be limited/none theatre gigs. This covers their backside.

I cannot reveal much, as i will lose my sources. I can only tell you that at this point, expect 2-4 theatre shows (including the secret show). Vic Theatre in Chicago (Jan) is likely as they will not be adding a second UC show as of yet, more will be confirmed by mid October. One to two club shows in Europe are expected to be strongly considered, perhaps to be recorded and released.

I advise on waiting to ask for a refund, until I, or another solid source reveals that the club shows have indeed been eliminated (never say never!)

I hope this $100 bet thing finally goes away with jb's generous offer!

To question a man's integrity in an open forum like this is , perhaps, the most humiliating thing I have ever experienced....I have literally helped dozens of people on the boards and never once mentioned it...but this has gone too far!!!!
[Edited by jb]
July 12th, 2005 01:36 PM
mac_daddy more hyperbole!

for a guy who tries to scratch as many rashes as you do, until they bleed, you certainly love playing the "whoah is me! i'm a victim" card alot, dont you..?

send it to children's hospital los angeles, in YOUR name - i'll be looking for it.

i believe i've made my point.

edited for spelling
[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 12th, 2005 01:37 PM
JaggerLips Isn't this all just PURE SPECULATION????/
July 12th, 2005 01:39 PM
blackandblue
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Isn't this all just PURE SPECULATION????/

It is
July 12th, 2005 01:42 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

everything, except for the fact that the hollywood bowl gig is SOLD OUT...

that, and the fact that jb has been trying to welch out of the bet for weeks now

July 12th, 2005 01:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

It is impossible to call a show a sell out when stage design and other factors have not been taken into account.

jb, i would advise sending a cashiers check or a money order. With the way the internet is these days, I never feel comfortable puting my mailing address out to strangers, especially those who are angry with me (which, sadly is many). best to be safe, than sorry!

Your support of our charity gig for children as well as this support shows the side of you that not many will accept exists. I commend you.

[Edited by voodoopug]
July 12th, 2005 01:57 PM
jb MD, see your PM.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)