ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A box of Replicas from "Sticky Fingers" to "Tattoo You" to be released Return to archive
July 9th, 2005 07:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Toshiba EMI in Japan is going to release a box set with replicas of the original albums from "Sticky Fingers" to "Tattoo You" in a limited edition before the release of the new studio album. It will include two posters and a 2006 Calendar.

CHEAP! Retail price is estimated around $320 USD
July 9th, 2005 08:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Toshiba EMI in Japan is going to release a box set with replicas of the original albums from "Sticky Fingers" to "Tattoo You" in a limited edition before the release of the new studio album. It will include two posters and a 2006 Calendar.

CHEAP! Retail price is estimated around $320 USD

more info, please...
July 9th, 2005 10:40 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Is this just a re-release of the remasters that Virgin put out in 1994?
July 9th, 2005 10:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, but in the Japanese style, with lyrics in English and Japanese, the 2006 calendar and the two posters also this is a box set ONLY, you can't buy the discs one by one, only the whole box set
July 10th, 2005 02:41 PM
blackandblue they're completely at a loose end in Japan
July 12th, 2005 12:23 PM
Lethargy What a waste of freakin money. I already feel like a jackhole every time I look on my CD rack and see the ABCKO re-releases, right next to the original versions which I still have of course. Why does any sane person need two copies of every stones album. Of course, at least the ABCKO stuff was remastered for sound quality. The replicas are just for masturbatory purposes and just further insult their catalog.
July 12th, 2005 12:39 PM
mac_daddy are these cd's or vinyl..?
July 12th, 2005 07:07 PM
Soldatti CD's.
July 12th, 2005 07:35 PM
mac_daddy oh. i understand some of those japanese vinyl pressings sound fantastic...
July 15th, 2005 05:34 PM
moy http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOCP-66451
July 15th, 2005 05:58 PM
T&A
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Why does any sane person need two copies of every stones album.

Sanity? When did that get into the conversation? And who is limiting themselves to but two? let's not forget mono/stereo vinyl....
July 15th, 2005 06:09 PM
glencar $320??? Is that because of the exchange rate or are they trying to ream us yet again?
July 16th, 2005 08:40 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
oh. i understand some of those japanese vinyl pressings sound fantastic...

Do you think it is better to have a vinyl in the original first pressing or it worth having a late remastered fancy one? In my opinion, the analog wonders and its features like the notable bass can only noticed in the first pressing.
July 17th, 2005 09:32 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Do you think it is better to have a vinyl in the original first pressing or it worth having a late remastered fancy one? In my opinion, the analog wonders and its features like the notable bass can only noticed in the first pressing.

well that entirely depends on who did the remastering...

i dont know enough about the stones catalog, but i understand that mickboy uses particular japanese pressings of the albums, and then runs them through some outboard equipment, apparently tubed gear, when running the transfer. anyway, i think that those transfers sound nice, and i would be interested in finding the vinyl sources he used...

as for the first vinyl pressing or the later boutique pressings, that depends on the pressing, and varies from case to case. there is no hard and fast rule - the early ones are the est, etc... (or if there is, i am not awawre of the details)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)