ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan European Tour Oct/Nov (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 5th, 2005 01:44 PM
wisertime Some dates are official and on sale (german shows).
Brussels is on sale since today, it's 01/11.
Dylan shows in Forest National are always great, saw the man there in 2002 and 2003 and it was awesome.
July 5th, 2005 01:48 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
wisertime wrote:
Some dates are official and on sale (german shows).
Brussels is on sale since today, it's 01/11.
Dylan shows in Forest National are always great, saw the man there in 2002 and 2003 and it was awesome.

great, thanks for the good news.
July 5th, 2005 03:16 PM
Gazza UK shows will be in November. Supposedly, they will include three London shows.

Should know dates by tomorrow
July 5th, 2005 05:00 PM
glencar Joey & I will be there!
July 5th, 2005 05:13 PM
Phog Congrats to all my European friends. I'm going to see Bob tomorrow in Tulsa at the minor league baseball park. It ain't Cain's Ballroom, but it'll have to do.
July 5th, 2005 05:43 PM
wisertime I hope you'll enjoy Phog.
I don't know what to think of this new band, I like Don Herron on pedal steel and all the other members but I don't think Stu Kimball is a good element. I've listened to the Pittston recent show, great recording !!
July 5th, 2005 05:53 PM
Phog I haven't heard any recordings with the new band. Kimball worked well with Larry Campbell, though. As for the Pittsfield show, I have heard good things about this one. I'll get it one of these days.
July 6th, 2005 07:49 AM
Gazza Confirmed UK dates :

November 15th Nottingham Arena
November 16th Manchester Arena
November 17th Glasgow SECC
November 18th Birmingham NEC
November 20th London, Brixton Academy
November 21st London, Brixton Academy
November 22nd London, Brixton Academy

tickets are £35 and £30. On sale to the public Friday. The pre-sale arrangements that Dylan's promoters usually make with the various fan clubs and fan magazines are available as of NOW

[Edited by Gazza]
July 6th, 2005 10:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man Damn you Gazza!

I was just going to post the UK dates!
July 6th, 2005 10:37 AM
Gazza some of us have our contacts, Alex!!

I shall be at Brixton #1 and #2!
July 6th, 2005 11:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man Gazza, I am very concerned in regards to how much leave from work you appear to get!
July 6th, 2005 11:18 AM
Martha YAY for you Gary! I'll miss Bob, but it is your turn!

What is Bob doing after the UK tour? Anyone know anything?

Alex?

TMR?

Hazy?

Lazy Bones?

Parmeda?

Tele?

Phog?

Gypsy?

Lil'Brian?

Gary?

Sir Nellcote?

Dr. Filth?

Roooooooostah!?

????????????????

jb?

or

Joey?

ROTFLOL!

July 6th, 2005 11:25 AM
T&A hopefully he'll recover from his recent spate with "upsinging" by then. I swear, this epidemic has really gotten to me...can't listen to recent bob shows anymore...
July 6th, 2005 11:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man I must say, I do have a soft spot for 'ol Bob. It was at a Dylan concert that I first met Gazza!
July 6th, 2005 12:31 PM
Gazza and you consider that a fond memory? LOL
July 6th, 2005 03:28 PM
Martha
quote:
T&A wrote:
hopefully he'll recover from his recent spate with "upsinging" by then. I swear, this epidemic has really gotten to me...can't listen to recent bob shows anymore...

What do you mean by "upsinging" T&A? Do you mean singing in falsetto? Bob has been doing a lot more of that just recently I noticed.
July 6th, 2005 03:34 PM
Gazza presume he means the vocal technique where he sings a line and goes "up" at the end of it, as if hes asking a question?
July 6th, 2005 03:36 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
What is Bob doing after the UK tour? Anyone know anything?
Lazy Bones?

I do know that Mark Knopfler kicked some series ass last night in Toronto!

July 6th, 2005 04:08 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I do know that Mark Knopfler kicked some series ass last night in Toronto!

Hey Lazy! I'm so glad to hear this! We can see Knopfler this Saturday over in Dayton and intend to as of now even though we do not yet have tickets. Thanks for the ringing endorsement!

What did he play? Who is he touring with?
July 6th, 2005 04:08 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
presume he means the vocal technique where he sings a line and goes "up" at the end of it, as if hes asking a question?

In a falsetto voice, right? He has been doing that a lot more. :-)
July 6th, 2005 04:10 PM
T&A Gazza's right - it's probably the main topic of conversation on the dylan pool discussion board these days. upsinging is not a good thing. he's ruining perfectly good songs night in and out these days. and this is from a guy who always said Bob could do no wrong....
July 6th, 2005 04:26 PM
Martha
quote:
T&A wrote:
Gazza's right - it's probably the main topic of conversation on the dylan pool discussion board these days. upsinging is not a good thing. he's ruining perfectly good songs night in and out these days. and this is from a guy who always said Bob could do no wrong....

Why does that upset everyone? How can he ruin his own songs?
July 6th, 2005 06:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

Why does that upset everyone? How can he ruin his own songs?

you've obviously never heard the shows from the 1991 tour, oh innocent child!
July 6th, 2005 06:06 PM
T&A have you been listening to any recent shows? "hey mr. tambourine MAN! play a song for ME!" believe me, it grates on you....
July 6th, 2005 06:24 PM
Gazza maybe by the time he makes it over here, he'll "down-sing" instead

That could be worth a giggle....
July 6th, 2005 06:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Gazza, I am very concerned in regards to how much leave from work you appear to get!

It might be a "sickie" that day. I picked those two because the first one is a Sunday and so it means just 2 days off. Most of my days off do tend to be related to trips to concerts, it seems!

I get 30 days annual leave a year, Alex (february to january). theres also flexi time but I dont stay in work long enough to work that up.

I'll still need about 5 days in January if I'm going to New York so I have to be careful I dont rip the arse out of it.
July 6th, 2005 07:44 PM
Martha
quote:
T&A wrote:
have you been listening to any recent shows? "hey mr. tambourine MAN! play a song for ME!" believe me, it grates on you....

I've seen Bob 7 times this year. He never grates on my nerves. I can't imaging that ever happening to me. I think the way he sings is how he expresses himself emotionally. It's humorous to me. I think he's very funny in an impish sort of way.

To each their own I guess.

Yes, Gary I know I am a novice......but at least I got on board before this ship sailed. :-)
July 6th, 2005 08:04 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
maybe by the time he makes it over here, he'll "down-sing" instead

That could be worth a giggle....

I wouldn't put anything past him. He's a funny man.

I was recently told by one of Bob's tour vendors a little bit about his personality. I asked her if Bob had ever spoken to her?

She immediately replied; "No, ....but he giggled once."

I thought that was priceless. :-)

I think that little moment speaks volumes about his personality. Besides watching him closely when he's on stage I can't help but notice that he's impish. I adore him.

:-)
July 6th, 2005 09:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:

Hey Lazy! I'm so glad to hear this! We can see Knopfler this Saturday over in Dayton and intend to as of now even though we do not yet have tickets. Thanks for the ringing endorsement!

What did he play? Who is he touring with?

GO! Trust me!!

He did Boom, Like That, Song For Sonny Liston and Donegan's Gone (a friggin' hoot!) from Shangri-La. What else...opened w/ Why Aye Man, Sailing to Philadelphia, What It Is, Done With Bonaparte; Straits' stuff included Romeo & Juliet (!), Telegraph Road, So Far Away, Brothers In Arms, Money For Nothing, Walk Of Life, Sultans Of Swing.

Opening act was Jackie Greene, 24. He's great. He's very Dylanesque. You'll love him , Martha. He's a one-man band equipped with acoustic guitar harp and piano. I plan on getting is album.

Here's a review from last night's show - 4 outta 5 -

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/07/06/1118693.html
July 6th, 2005 11:25 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

GO! Trust me!!

He did Boom, Like That, Song For Sonny Liston and Donegan's Gone (a friggin' hoot!) from Shangri-La. What else...opened w/ Why Aye Man, Sailing to Philadelphia, What It Is, Done With Bonaparte; Straits' stuff included Romeo & Juliet (!), Telegraph Road, So Far Away, Brothers In Arms, Money For Nothing, Walk Of Life, Sultans Of Swing.

Opening act was Jackie Greene, 24. He's great. He's very Dylanesque. You'll love him , Martha. He's a one-man band equipped with acoustic guitar harp and piano. I plan on getting is album.

Here's a review from last night's show - 4 outta 5 -

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/07/06/1118693.html

I'm fully convinced now thanks to you. We will go rain or shine! Thanks for the review and his set. You're a doll!

Rock On!

xxoo,
Martha
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)