ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A question Return to archive
17th July 2006 08:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels After reading this blurb on blabbermouth, I see the Stones aren't represented. Any good female Stones tribute bands around???????

Female Tribute Bands Pay Homage To Classic Rock/Metal Acts On 'Girls Got Rhythm' - July 17, 2006

On the heels of its third anniversary, Liquor and Poker Music — the "rock" arm of the Century Family — commemorates the occasion with a celebration of its two favorite subjects: women and rock 'n' roll.

Specifically, the label has assembled its first compilation, a collection of female tribute bands paying homage to some of classic rock and metal's biggest names. In stores August 22, the 13-track "Girls Got Rhythm" — featuring cover art by Alan Forbes (AFI, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, BLACK CROWES), the artist who designed the Liquor and Poker logo — features such well-known groups as THE IRON MAIDENS, CHEAP CHICK and MISTRESS OF REALITY, as well as three acts celebrating AC/DC.

The complete track listing is as follows:

01. THUNDHERSTRUCK - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
02. THE IRON MAIDENS - Run To The Hills (IRON MAIDEN)
03. MISTRESS OF REALITY - Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH)
04. CHEAP CHICK - Surrender (CHEAP TRICK)
05. BLACK DIAMOND - Love Gun (KISS)
06. MS. FITS - Last Caress (THE MISFITS)
07. HELL'S BELLES - Back In Black (AC/DC)
08. THE LITTLE DOLLS - I Don't Know (OZZY OSBOURNE)
09. ZEPPARELLA - The Lemon Song (LED ZEPPELIN)
10. KISSEXY - Lick It Up (KISS)
11. WHOLE LOTTA ROSIES - Dog Eat Dog (AC/DC)
12. RAMONAS - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (THE RAMONES)
13. FOXEY LADY - Foxey Lady (JIMI HENDRIX)

17th July 2006 08:36 PM
SheRat I've never heard of one. I have no theories as to why that is.
17th July 2006 09:06 PM
pdog Where is Ac D-She? I know there's at least a half dozen all girl SF tribute bands... No Stones that I know of...
17th July 2006 09:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels No Stones.

OK. Well it is kind of hard to come off as slutty as Jagger.
17th July 2006 09:31 PM
Fiji Joe Has anyone spoken with Starbuck about this?...Being a female Mick Jagger sounds like a much better gig than pretending to be John Lennon as part of the "warm up" gig at a K-6 school assembly

17th July 2006 09:41 PM
pdog Starbuck is the poor mans Paul Simon.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)