ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Better use for the B stage? Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th July 2006 07:25 PM
Paranoid_Android My favorite part of the B stage (besides the close proximity I usually get) is the "small band" aspect...like in their early years...just the band (plus Chuck). I would love to have the B stage segment be 3 or 4 real "oldies"...ex/ Under My Thunb, 19th NB, GOMC, LSTNT, Dandilion, As TGB, Fotune Teller, or even a simple Satisfaction w/o the flames, confetti, balloons, horns, backup singers, etc...just take us back to 1966 or so for those 4 songs...

A SHOW WITHIN A SHOW...

then back to the grand production the band has become...

any thoughts on this? Suggestions...nasty, rude comments...
let's hear'm!!
15th July 2006 08:10 PM
Poplar how about the whole show like that?
15th July 2006 08:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poplar wrote:
how about the whole show like that?

EXACTLY!!!

The highlight of the show is the b-stage. And every night on the b-stage they PROVE they dont need any of the other theatrics and they certainly dont need the army platoon of ass clowns that clutter the main stage playing with them.

Super Bowl & Press Conference rocked too without the backup band of ass clowns.

I say fuck em. They dont need em! Play the whole show that way!!! Raw Rock and Roll!
15th July 2006 09:14 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Poplar wrote:
how about the whole show like that?

That would be called the "Club Tour"...

quote:
The highlight of the show is the b-stage. And every night on the b-stage they PROVE they dont need any of the other theatrics and they certainly dont need the army platoon of ass clowns that clutter the main stage playing with them.

I agree...way too much happening to really take it all in...I do understand that its all there for the folks who aren't in the first 5 rows...but to have them do all the great halls of the US...Radio City in NY...The Warner or 9:30 in DC...Warfield in SFO...etc...
16th July 2006 08:21 AM
FrankiePeppers During the Super Bowl, their stage was the stones lips logo with just them in the center of the stadium. They should have toured with that setup.

16th July 2006 09:35 AM
Bitch
Here's the B stage in Milan July 11, 2006.

Here's the B stage from Giants Stadium Sept 15, 2005.

As you can see it is much lower and smaller!
16th July 2006 09:59 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Better use for the b-stage? Burn it...
16th July 2006 05:16 PM
Soldatti A whole arena tour with only the b-stage would be awesome.
16th July 2006 07:27 PM
qwer I think, they should install a c-d-e-f-...stages, corners...!
Create concepts would be nice:

- Perhaps one corner for only Blues.
- Then they move to a Bllads/unplugged section.
- And why not a psycedelic corner (2000 lightyfh)
- One section to play half (or a whole) of an album!
- One corner for cover-versions
- One 60s b-stage, 70s c-stage, 80s d-stage ...

Many ideas are possible!
This would be a damn good concept for a new kind of touring!
Let's take the next dimension of stadium-stage-designing!
Change the whole stadium to some new kind of a stage!

[Edited by qwer]
17th July 2006 12:10 AM
voodoopug We must all be realistic. just because you don't see the backup singers/musicians, does not mean they are not playing. Backing vocalists were hidden under the stage at the Super Bowl and many B stage songs have mystery vocals....you want to see them without the backing musicians, watch the press conference in NYC last year....and listen to how bad the band can sound.

Sadly, while we still are required to spend thousands this year, we must not expect 1978 to happen again. The Stones are very comfortable with a large crew of musicians, in view and sometimes not.

17th July 2006 09:23 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
qwer wrote:
I think, they should install a c-d-e-f-...stages, corners...!

To awesome of a concept that it would NEVER happen...too bad!!
17th July 2006 10:36 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We must all be realistic. just because you don't see the backup singers/musicians, does not mean they are not playing. Backing vocalists were hidden under the stage at the Super Bowl and many B stage songs have mystery vocals....you want to see them without the backing musicians, watch the press conference in NYC last year....and listen to how bad the band can sound.

Sadly, while we still are required to spend thousands this year, we must not expect 1978 to happen again. The Stones are very comfortable with a large crew of musicians, in view and sometimes not.

J.D. is always plugged in behind Keith
17th July 2006 11:04 AM
RollingstonesUSA 1.Miss You
2.She Saw Me Coming
3.Love Is Strong
4.Honky Tonk Women
17th July 2006 11:22 AM
jb B stage has seen it's day..enough of it as it costs mer $$$ when they leave front rows.
17th July 2006 11:24 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
B stage has seen it's day..enough of it as it costs mer $$$ when they leave front rows.

keep in mind that it helps the appearanace of filling the arena by allowing them to block out a large section of the floor

without the b-stage there would be many empty seats and I dont think that any of us could bare to read your posts about it
17th July 2006 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

keep in mind that it helps the appearanace of filling the arena by allowing them to block out a large section of the floor

without the b-stage there would be many empty seats and I dont think that any of us could bare to read your posts about it

True...they have sell outs now with 12k in arenas!!!! We are getting dangerously close Who territory.......soon outside amphitheaters ???
17th July 2006 11:27 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

True...they have sell outs now with 12k in arenas!!!! We are getting dangerously close Who territory.......soon outside amphitheaters ???

NEVER!

when this smoke & mirror tour is over they will quietly retire on top

till then... there is still much papering and creative staging that must be done to maintain their image

[Edited by Saint Sway]
17th July 2006 11:30 AM
jb Smoke and mirrors , papering, etc.........the return mini tour will offer some different set lists, but don't expect too much...
17th July 2006 11:32 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Smoke and mirrors , papering, etc.........the return mini tour will offer some different set lists, but don't expect too much...

after seeing RFD replace Rambler in the set, the only thing I expect is that I wont be going.
17th July 2006 11:35 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

after seeing RFD replace Rambler in the set, the only thing I expect is that I wont be going.

Smart...I will go only to take sons again as they love it...I am bored of the same stuff...To put Night Time orRFD at the expense of MR/MM/GS/ SFM is a total farce. I will attend a few shows with special show already booked for me.
17th July 2006 11:38 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Smart...I will go only to take sons again as they love it...I am bored of the same stuff...To put Night Time orRFD at the expense of MR/MM/GS/ SFM is a total farce. I will attend a few shows with special show already booked for me.

I agree with you re Night Time.

US has seen enough of this song.

Give us something different...Never tire of Rambler.

LJ.

17th July 2006 11:39 AM
Saint Sway I will attend the shows I get freebies for. But no longer with my unbridled "European-esque" enthusiasm.

sadly, I will most likely be reduced to blankly staring at them like a typical bored American during IORR, HTW, TD, SMU, Miss You etc
17th July 2006 11:42 AM
jb The special show(s) may offer something different , but I doubt it...also, still unsure if they will occur as everything is fluid..you probably know what I am referri ng to....
17th July 2006 11:52 AM
Some Guy Look out for the coming C-stage.
17th July 2006 11:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The special show(s) may offer something different , but I doubt it...also, still unsure if they will occur as everything is fluid..you probably know what I am referri ng to....

I have nothing new to report, so our discussion from Friday is the most up to date info we have.
17th July 2006 11:56 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
The special show(s) may offer something different , but I doubt it...also, still unsure if they will occur as everything is fluid..you probably know what I am referri ng to....

YES!

but right now I am most concerned about our pal Pug's mental health.

in addition to the many European cancellations - his beloved White Sox were swept, copier sales are down and he cant afford a classy ride, his Journey cover band owes a bar money, the cape is in storage, Eddie Vedder is constantly drunk and slurring.... and he's living on a steady diet of salad and light beers. I truly fear that if these rumored special shows dont come to fruition that he might do something drastic!!
17th July 2006 11:57 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Look out for the coming C-stage.

17th July 2006 12:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

YES!

but right now I am most concerned about our pal Pug's mental health.

in addition to the many European cancellations - his beloved White Sox were swept, copier sales are down and he cant afford a classy ride, his Journey cover band owes a bar money, the cape is in storage, Eddie Vedder is constantly drunk and slurring.... and he's living on a steady diet of salad and light beers. I truly fear that if these rumored special shows dont come to fruition that he might do something drastic!!

The White Sox have humiliated all of Chicago and our large contigent of fans in the Mesa, AZ area as well!

Things work in cycles...we have ups and downs. I am hoping for a speedy mental health recovery. I have begun to suffer from tension headaches and increased urination during the night. Josh had warned me of this!
17th July 2006 12:04 PM
jb Yes, I called this a fewmonths ago as OI knew it would occur..see urologist and have protate exam and bladder ...hopefilly, propstate wil be small and smooth and bladder negative for stones, masses, infetion.I(needle must be used to really got best view of bladder,,inserted through penis/smeckle.

[Edited by jb]
17th July 2006 12:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The White Sox have humiliated all of Chicago and our large contigent of fans in the Mesa, AZ area as well!

Things work in cycles...we have ups and downs. I am hoping for a speedy mental health recovery. I have begun to suffer from tension headaches and increased urination during the night. Josh had warned me of this!

your life is quickly becoming like one of those side effects warnings they read at the end of a prescription commercial.

hang in there buddy.... "Dont Stop Believin"
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)