ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why ?!?! ..... WHY ?!?! .... ( NSC ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
14th July 2006 03:54 PM
pdog I denoonuce this thread and everyone, including me, who posted in ti!
Consider yourselves denounced and act accordingly!
14th July 2006 04:16 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
if joey can swing at www.maxlugar.com, then certainly we can have peace in the middle east.

i may have come late to this thread, but can i still pronounce a few denoucements?

i shall start off with the following:

glen frey
brussel sprouts
stale twinkies
warm beer
empty fridges
pavlov's dog
the exploitation of child labor
the bastard who kidnapped fleabit
tele's faulty links
the white sox's bullpen
NBA basketball (snoore....)
all the heretics out there
REM message boards

Very lame, very lame indeed. We all know there's no such thing as a stale twinkie. That would be against every law of science. Those things have enough preservatives in them that if ancient Egypt had them, today's archaeologists would have something to snack on while digging in tombs.
[Edited by rasputin56]
14th July 2006 04:48 PM
not bound to please Bringing it all back around:

Claim: Little Mikey of LIFE cereal fame died from the explosive effects of mixing Pop Rocks candy with soda pop.

A kid ate 6 bags of pop rocks at a party. He then proceeded to drink a 6-pack of Pepsi. The two substances combined in his stomach and exploded, killing him horribly. That's why pop rocks were taken off the market in the early eighties.

Origins: Invented
in 1956 by General Foods research scientist William A. Mitchell and introduced to the general public in 1975, these fruit-flavored nuggets delighted kids with their "fizzle." Small amounts of carbonation were released when the candy was placed in the mouth, causing both a mild "exploding" sensation and resulting in a satisfying "sizzling" noise kids loved.

Though the confection had been extensively tested and found safe, the combustive candy still alarmed residents in Seattle. The Food and Drug Administration set up a telephone hotline there to assure anxious parents that the fizzing candy would not cause children to choke.

Nevertheless, among kids, wild stories about the perils of eating Pop Rocks abounded. (Kids love ghastly rumors about candy. Visit our Bubble Yuck page for the one about Bubble Yum and spiders.)

Mixing the candy with carbonated drinks would cause the stomach to explode, was the popular whisper. Further, according to playground lore, an overly-cute kid who achieved fame in LIFE cereal commercials had died of this. Why Little Mikey, of all people? We can only guess. Urban legends require victims who are known yet anonymous — the ubiquitous friends of a friend — to lend them a touch of credible realism without allowing for the easy verification of their details. Little Mikey was a kid known to all other children by virtue of his famous television commercial, yet he was still relatively anonymous — few people (adults included) knew his real name, and his non-appearance in any public role subsequent to his well known LIFE commercial could therefore plausibly be attributed to his untimely demise. (Contrary to the rumor, John Gilchrist, the lad who played Mikey, not only survived his childhood unexploded, but is now an advertising-account manager for a New York radio station. And no, that's not him in the new LIFE commercial; that's Jimmy Starace.)

General Foods was battling "exploded kid" rumors as early as 1979, a scant four years after the product's introduction. They took out full-page ads in 45 major publications, wrote some 50,000 letters to school principals around the country, and sent the confection's inventor on the road to explain to all and sundry that Pop Rocks generate less gas than half a can of soda and ingesting them could induce nothing worse in the human body than a hearty, non-life-threatening belch. Despite all these measures, the rumors abound even to this day.

The company stopped marketing Pop Rocks around 1983, and this is often pointed to as "proof" that the candy was so harmful it had to be pulled from the shelves. What's less known is that Kraft bought the rights to the product from General Foods in 1985 and then marketed it as "Action Candy" through a company named Carbonated Candy. Pop Rocks are now back out in the open, though, and are again marketed under their original name by Pop Rocks, Inc.

Barbara "get a bang out of LIFE" Mikkelson

Update: In July 2001, a northern California couple announced they were suing Baskin-Robbins after their five-year-old daughter swallowed Pop Rocks contained in the ice cream chain's "Shrek Swirl" flavor. The parents maintain that their daughter "woke up from her nap screaming in pain" and was taken to a medical facility where "doctors had to insert a tube into her stomach to remove the air."

Sightings: In the 1998 slasher classic Urban Legend, the folklore professor invites a co-ed to eat Pop Rocks and then down a soda. She refuses to do it because she knows it kills people, including "that kid in the cereal commercial."

14th July 2006 04:52 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Very lame, very lame indeed. We all know there's no such thing as a stale twinkie. That would be against every law of science. Those things have enough preservatives in them that if ancient Egypt had them, today's archaeologists would have something to snack on while digging in tombs.
[Edited by rasputin56]

I'm with you...as long as he's been away, I expected more...much more...it's unfortunate, but it appears that along with Farley, Kennison, Belushi and Candy, Starbuck is just another funny fat man destined for a senseless and untimely demise...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
14th July 2006 04:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'm with you...as long as he's been away, I expected more...much more...it's unfortunate, but it appears that along with Kennison, Belushi and Candy, Starbuck is just another funny fat man destined for a senseless and untimely demise...

Is he strung out again?
14th July 2006 06:59 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Dems continue to deny the threat that terrorists pose in the world and are actively working to remove moderate Jewish political leaders including Lieberman from their party. They want to cut and run and let the Islamic fascists wipe Isreal off the face of the map and then let them do the same to the infidel Americans.

Right. That's exactly what we Democrats want. Keep gorging on the crap fed to you by to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, O'Reilly and whoever else is doing your thinking for you, and keep on telling yourself that's what we traitorous Dems are after. Hey, by the way, Robert Novak sure had some interesting things to say about his sources on that Plame leak, huh?
14th July 2006 08:09 PM
pdog
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

Right. That's exactly what we Democrats want. Keep gorging on the crap fed to you by to Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, O'Reilly and whoever else is doing your thinking for you, and keep on telling yourself that's what we traitorous Dems are after. Hey, by the way, Robert Novak sure had some interesting things to say about his sources on that Plame leak, huh?

Mr. X.
It's a shame the democrats don't have the venom of the republicans... If this was a reversed situation things would be so different... Hannity denounces leaks, then praises Novak. I don't get it, can you have it both ways?
14th July 2006 08:20 PM
Starbuck alas, my stock has slipped recently. what have i become???? o the gods, its the sixty second rule!

tele and pug won't even hang out with me at a white sux game...

no, its not my fault. i can't be blamed. its the pressure. yes, the pressure of raising two kids, cooking and cleaning, looking for a job and trying to be the next....

oh yes, and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkfA...20lennon%20taxi

[Edited by Starbuck]
14th July 2006 10:46 PM
Fiji Joe Yes...it is unfortunate that your real life duties have temporarily rendered you a "non-factor"

15th July 2006 03:39 AM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Yes...it is unfortunate that your real life duties have temporarily rendered you a "non-factor"

Non factor posting is what I do!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)