ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why ?!?! ..... WHY ?!?! .... ( NSC ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
14th July 2006 09:57 AM
Maxlugar [quote]not bound to please wrote:

My vote for the next awkward morning after...

This is the reason I don't bring the hard stuff on the boat. Just beer!

14th July 2006 10:09 AM
Joey " This is the reason I don't bring the hard stuff on the boat. "

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK } !!!!!

Flacky Carson

[Edited by Joey]
14th July 2006 10:18 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

Ooooo!!! You are a veddy bad man!

14th July 2006 10:21 AM
Joey " Ooooo!!! You are a veddy bad man! "

Son !

I tell you what .......

You just keep reading and I will keep postin' all of that GOLD you have become accustomed to during the past thirty years of posting here on this most prodigious of message boards .

Jacky !

14th July 2006 10:30 AM
You just keep reading and I will keep postin' all of that GOLD you have become accustomed to during the past thirty years of posting here on this most prodigious of message boards .

There's a dog cage at Gitmo with your name on it, Willis!

14th July 2006 10:31 AM
Joey " There's a dog cage at Gitmo with your name on it, Willis!"

14th July 2006 10:39 AM
Maxlugar
"Say, that's a pretty good looking boy out there... I'd like to research HIS brains out ALL night!"

"Keep it in your pants Townsend, we're haulin' you in!"

[Edited by Maxlugar]
14th July 2006 10:42 AM
Joey
"Say, that's a pretty good looking boy out there... I'd like to research HIS brains out ALL night!"

*********** SIGH ****************

It really is over , isn't it ?!?!?!

Your material is now drier than Phyllis Diller's cunt . :

|
|
|
V

14th July 2006 10:51 AM

*********** SIGH ****************

It really is over , isn't it ?!?!?!

WH-WH-WH-WHAT??????

I's just...uh oh! UH OH!!!! NOT NOW!!!!!!

***END TRANSMISSION***
(Morning dump now complete)

FADE TO YELLOW,(like a Nip).
14th July 2006 10:59 AM
Joey " FADE TO YELLOW,(like a Nip). "

I am not touching THAT one !!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJ " Snuggle to the Joe " Fly !

14th July 2006 11:00 AM
Fiji Joe Did someone say cornhusker dump complete?

"Once proud Joey act so humble"
14th July 2006 11:03 AM
Joey " Did someone say cornhusker dump complete? "

Gonna steal another one from you guys Fiji !!!!!!

" The first of the forthcoming US and Canada dates has been announced. The BBC and NME sites have articles about yesterday's press conference announcing the world tour. See below for details and I'll post all other show details as they're announced. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=349&zone=pr

Poor old Kemper

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
14th July 2006 11:06 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

How about Madge - the Bounty woman?

When I was very little - I saw her in a made for tv movie. She was in a bedroom and opened a shade and a giant Yule Brenner type head was floating outside the window. Does anyone know what flick that was? I was afraid of opening my shades after seeing that - and found the Bounty and Palmolive ads very disturbing.

14th July 2006 11:06 AM
Joey " How about Madge - the Bounty woman? "

Get over here !!!!!!

Git ' ..............................

14th July 2006 11:11 AM
rasputin56 Wasn't Madge the Palmolive woman?
14th July 2006 11:11 AM
Maxlugar Once proud Petey acts so humble...

14th July 2006 11:12 AM
not bound to please I think I got it wrong it was Rosie the diner waitress

[Edited by not bound to please]
14th July 2006 11:14 AM
Joey " Once proud Petey acts so humble..."

Pen Pals ?!?!

|
|
|
V

" I have a fully functioning Post Office Box for personal mail at the following address.

Box 305
Twickenham
TW1 1TT
United Kingdom

All my mail is opened by my PA, even that delivered to my home address, offices and studios that some people have discovered, and at certain busy times I do fail to reply personally to letters I would very much like to deal with. For that I am sorry in advance. Anonymous mail is destroyed before it reaches me. This includes any mail with no return address or Box Number. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=292&zone=diary

14th July 2006 11:15 AM
not bound to please
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Wasn't Madge the Palmolive woman?

I think you are right:
Rosie the Waitress - Diminutive restaurant waitress (played by 4-foot 11-inch actress Nancy Walker) who mopped countertops with the "quicker picker upper" in a long-running series of commercials for Bounty™ paper towels between 1970 and 1990. While earning $250,000 for her role as Rosie the Waitress, Nancy Walker also found time to appear in the roles of Mildred the housekeeper on MCMILLAN AND WIFE/NBC/1971-77; Ida Morgenstern Rhoda's TV mom on RHODA/CBS/1974-78; and acerbic grandma Sara Bower on TRUE COLORS/FOX/1990-92.

Born Anna Myrtle Swoyer in Philadelphia, Nancy Walker (a name she took from the phone book) died of lung cancer in Studio City, California on March 25, 1992 at age of 69.

'Rosie's Diner' Print Ad

TRIVIA NOTE: The "Rosie" Bounty commercials were filmed in a 1946 Paramount Diner Car called "The Silver Dollar Diner" originally located in Little Ferry, New Jersey.

In 1990, artist Jerry Berta and his wife, artist Madeline Kaczmarczyk purchased the diner car and moved it 700 miles away to 4500 14 Mile Road in Rockford, MI 49341.

Renaming it Rosie's Diner, they placed the restored diner on display at a mini-complex called Diner Land with The Diner Store (formerly Uncle Bob's Diner in Flint MI) that sells Berta's artwork and handcrafted porcelain diner replicas. Berta eventually expanded, adding the Deluxe Diner, and the Dinerland Bakery.

The motto at Rosie's Diner is "GOOD FOOD SERVED RIGHT."

14th July 2006 11:22 AM
Maxlugar I'm pretty sure Mr. Whipple banged them both.

"Yeah squeeze it baby...yeah like that, like that...ohhh..."
14th July 2006 11:50 AM
sirmoonie This thread has devolved hopelessly. Its been "RO'ed."
14th July 2006 12:00 PM
Egbert
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread has devolved hopelessly. Its been "RO'ed."

Yep. If only we could get world leaders to log on here - all conflicts would dissolve into inanity within 30 posts...
14th July 2006 01:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Yep. If only we could get world leaders to log on here - all conflicts would dissolve into inanity within 30 posts...

I could see Clinton posting here - and W - but Cheney would walk in and bitch slap him.

Mr. Whipple - Fussy supermarket manager (played by actor Dick Wilson) who was famous for saying, "Ladies, please don't squeeze the Charmin!" While Mr. Whipple always chastised his customers for squeezing the Charmin toilet paper, he himself was an habitual offender. The Mr. Whipple campaign was created by the Benton & Bowles Agency in the mid 1960s. Ironically, the first Charmin commercial was filmed in Flushing, New York. Other characters on the TV spots were Whipple's twin brother, Elmer and Whipple's son, Gregory whom he instructed in the art of "Charmin." Dick Wilson (a.k.a. "Mr. Whipple") is now spending his days in Henderson, Nevada squeezing the complimentary rolls of Charmin he receives from Proctor & Gamble each month. The original 504 ads ran from 1965 until 1989 putting Wilson in the Guinness Book of Records for having the longest running television commercial. In 1979 a poll showed that the Mr. Whipple character was the third best known American, behind Richard Nixon and Billy Graham. Born July 30, 1916 in England, Dick Wilson, 82, returned to the small screen in 1999 after a 14 year hiatus (and two strokes and brain surgery) to film a series of new Charmin commercials as the still every fussy Mr. Whipple. Prior to his Charmin involvement, Wilson had been a stand up comic, stuntman, acrobat, and a movie actor. Dick's Mr. Whipple character gave him such a high profile that his career in movies was basically over. After all who wants to see Mr. Whipple kissing or killing somebody. Wilson's TV credits included the role of a local drunk on BEWITCHED for nine years; a cop on THE MUNSTERS; Colonel Gruber on HOGAN'S HEROES; and Dino Baroni on MCHALE'S NAVY. TRIVIA NOTE: Pop Culture psychologists conjecture that Mr. Whipple represents the primitive male authority figure. When he sees women finding satisfaction is squeezing large, round tubes of "irresistibly soft" Charmin, he asserts his male dominance over the tribe of female shoppers and nips their desires in the bud. Of course, the same women soon return to find Mr. Whipple wallowing in his own double standard of squeezing satisfaction. In medical terms, Whipple is the name of a very embarrassing intestinal disorder known as Whipple's Disease. The Mr. Whipple character is immortalized in the 1998 book title: Hey Whipple, Squeeze this!: A Guide to Creating Great Ads by Luke Sullivan.

TRIVIA NOTE: One night on December 19, 1973 Johnny Carson jokingly mentioned during his monologue on THE TONIGHT SHOW "But have you heard the latest? I'm not kidding. I saw it in the paper. There's a shortage of toilet paper." Suddenly the media impact of Johnny Carson as a communicator were quickly felt as thousands of viewers rushed into the night to hoard toilet paper products. As the panic spread and still more people began to stockpile the precious paper, toilet paper manufacturers remarked they couldn't keep up with the demand. A full scale investigation of the panic revealed that the entire incident was inspired by a warning sent by Wisconsin Republican Harold Froehlich that the government no longer maintained a four month storehouse of toilet paper. The communiqué read: "I hope we don't have to ration toilet tissue...A toilet paper shortage...is a problem that will touch every American."

In medical terms, Whipple refers to an embarrassing intestinal disorder known as Whipple's Disease

14th July 2006 01:53 PM
Maxlugar Any thread that starts with war in the Middle East and ends with Mr. Whipple talking dirty should, no must, MUST!, be conisdered a success.

14th July 2006 02:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Any thread that starts with war in the Middle East and ends with Mr. Whipple talking dirty should, no must, MUST!, be conisdered a success.

Oh yes, its was classically RO'ed in mondo-style.

Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side.......

Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side.......
14th July 2006 02:22 PM
Some Guy Lately it seems as if Joey is swinging wildly at Maxlugar as he calmly eats a sandwich and stiff arms his head.
14th July 2006 02:40 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Some Guy wrote:
Lately it seems as if Joey is swinging wildly at Maxlugar as he calmly eats a sandwich and stiff arms his head.

Pretty much.

14th July 2006 02:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Some Guy wrote:
Lately it seems as if Joey is swinging wildly at Maxlugar as he calmly eats a sandwich and stiff arms his head.

Pretty much.

that's posting above the rim.
14th July 2006 03:09 PM
Eric Clapton MaxLugar has been loaned this talent from me. He's doing great work and I've decided he can keep it forever. I bless you!

14th July 2006 03:10 PM
Starbuck if joey can swing at www.maxlugar.com, then certainly we can have peace in the middle east.

i may have come late to this thread, but can i still pronounce a few denoucements?

i shall start off with the following:

glen frey
brussel sprouts
stale twinkies
warm beer
empty fridges
pavlov's dog
the exploitation of child labor
the bastard who kidnapped fleabit
tele's faulty links
the white sox's bullpen
NBA basketball (snoore....)
all the heretics out there
REM message boards
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)