ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is Mick a red head ? Return to archive
12th July 2006 07:34 PM
Daethgod Old Mick sees red

13jul06

SIR Mick Jagger's locks appeared to have turned an alarming shade of red.

It is no secret that 63-year-old Sir Mick has for some time dyed his natural grey, as have all the other Stones apart from silver-haired drummer Charlie Watts.

But previously he had opted for a more restrained natural dark-brown shade.

As the band launched the European leg of their A Bigger Bang tour in Milan, the age-defying singer seemed to have decided it was time to experiment with a curious shade of auburn.

Sir Mick appears to be letting his younger girlfriend, the 193cm model and stylist L'Wren Scott, dictate his appearance

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19769957%255E2902,00.html

12th July 2006 09:37 PM
pdog How does one dye a wig?
13th July 2006 05:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man There was an article about his dye job here in England in yesterdays Daily Mail. Dare I say it; the shade is quite similar to Macca's!
13th July 2006 05:53 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im a ginger. I dont care...really i dont
13th July 2006 06:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im a ginger. I dont care...really i dont

Well, I'm sure your naturally ginger. Ginger is okay and it's a bit different from actually dying your hair red! Like McCartney, I'm sure Mick was going for some kind of brown affect, but obviously something went wrong. I am a firm believer that those who are naturally grey SHOULD remain so. I actually think Keith looked better when he was showing his grey on the Babylon tour than this kind of fake colour he has now.
13th July 2006 06:13 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I used to have brown hair. However in 1996 my mum allowed me to bleach it to look like Gazza'a (The footballer).

I lost a bet at school and said i would do it. When the bleached hair grew out my natural colour changed from brown to ginger. Nightmare.
13th July 2006 06:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I used to have brown hair. However in 1996 my mum allowed me to bleach it to look like Gazza'a (The footballer).

I lost a bet at school and said i would do it. When the bleached hair grew out my natural colour changed from brown to ginger. Nightmare.

LOL, oh dear.

Voodoo Scrounge has PM
13th July 2006 07:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Pm for honky Tonk
13th July 2006 08:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man PM for Mr Scrounge
13th July 2006 08:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge PM for you honky
13th July 2006 08:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I used to have brown hair. However in 1996 my mum allowed me to bleach it to look like Gazza'a (The footballer).

I'm very relieved you added those last two words!
13th July 2006 08:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I gather you dont have bleached hair then?
13th July 2006 09:02 AM
corgi37 The real terrfying thing about this article is the fact Jagger's chick is 193cm tall. Man, thats like 6ft4 or something! Imagine the size of her feet?
13th July 2006 09:34 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I am a firm believer that those who are naturally grey SHOULD remain so.

Shouldnt those who are naturally grey decide for themselves individually?

Besides, I tended to agree that being/staying grey haired was "distinguished" or whatever, until I realized how much older that makes one look. As if the Stones need to look any older.
13th July 2006 12:20 PM
Saint Sway Keith looked very way back in 97 when he let his hair go natural gray for the B2B Tour

now his hair looks awful. Dark dye jobs on 60 yr olds are embarrassing - they all end up looking like Gary Glitter or KISS...

Reason #712 why Charlie is the coolest.
13th July 2006 07:26 PM
texile brunettes who dye thier hair to cover the gray always end up with a redish tint.....
funny though....
and yes, dye jobs on 60+ year old are stupid anyway...
14th July 2006 12:05 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

How can this be possible - hair is dead. If you change the colour - the roots will grow back your original colour - unless you are on some sort of meds or something - like an illness. Generally, hair goes from light to darker - until you get into greying.
14th July 2006 12:08 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith looked very way back in 97 when he let his hair go natural gray for the B2B Tour

now his hair looks awful. Dark dye jobs on 60 yr olds are embarrassing - they all end up looking like Gary Glitter or KISS...

Reason #712 why Charlie is the coolest.

Keith's hair in the late 90's/early 2000's looked like he had a nest of baby ravens living in it. Ever see it up close from slightly above?
14th July 2006 02:40 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

How can this be possible - hair is dead. If you change the colour - the roots will grow back your original colour - unless you are on some sort of meds or something - like an illness. Generally, hair goes from light to darker - until you get into greying.

#

Well Im not sure about the science of it all. I do know howvere that my hair is now red and I regret bleaching it!
14th July 2006 06:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I gather you dont have bleached hair then?

never bleached it - never even dyed it. No grey yet (which at 43 isnt too bad!), although I could do with it being a bit thicker and receding a bit more slowly!

When it goes, I shall adopt the "Zidane" look, instead of the "Keef" option! If the preferred look doesnt work out, I'll settle for the "Corgi"

[Edited by Gazza]
14th July 2006 06:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge good to hear
14th July 2006 02:29 PM
MrPleasant Female redheaded flight hostesses are the shit.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)